Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Luke15 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:24 pm

words of wisdom wrote:MCLAREN stacking the B grade again? :lol:

Or Maybe McLaren are finally fed up with Loots thinking he is bigger than the club. The guy is a knob. But McLaren only have themselves to blame by continuously naming him captain.

Poses another point though why is the qualification rule the way it is in the GSFL. Of my knowledge it is where you play the majority of your last 5 or 6 which makes it very vulnerable for sides like McLaren to stack their Bs when they know their As are out.

I know the rule in SFL is that if a player plays 12 or more A grade games then he cannot play Bs in finals unless As are playing on the same weekend. this makes a lot more sense.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby field of dreams » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:57 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:
Morning fod what happened down at Yank, massive surprise for all after last weeks effort ! Mate I heard that a umpire got Knocked out and they called the game off ? Was Leroy anywhere near the incident ???? :shock:

Yeah...I wasn't that surprised. Disappointed yes, but not surprised. 4 changes doesn't help but to beat the top side one week and lose to the bottom side the next says something about the boys consistency and mindset. Also Yank are a pretty good bottom side with some great players running around (Kane, Kay, Hinge, Sidebottom, James, Fittock...) the comp really is even so you don't have to be far below your best to get found out.

Didn't actually see the umpire incident, but I heard a Yank player threw his arms out and the ump ran into one. Called for the stretcher but they didn't move him. Ambulance came on to the oval etc. Game did re-start (was late in the last).

ps - Leroy was best for us ;) We had tubby's twin this week - nearly as bad as last week but it was his mate that got KO'd
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 am

field of dreams wrote:
dogsrbarkin wrote:
Morning fod what happened down at Yank, massive surprise for all after last weeks effort ! Mate I heard that a umpire got Knocked out and they called the game off ? Was Leroy anywhere near the incident ???? :shock:

Yeah...I wasn't that surprised. Disappointed yes, but not surprised. 4 changes doesn't help but to beat the top side one week and lose to the bottom side the next says something about the boys consistency and mindset. Also Yank are a pretty good bottom side with some great players running around (Kane, Kay, Hinge, Sidebottom, James, Fittock...) the comp really is even so you don't have to be far below your best to get found out.

Didn't actually see the umpire incident, but I heard a Yank player threw his arms out and the ump ran into one. Called for the stretcher but they didn't move him. Ambulance came on to the oval etc. Game did re-start (was late in the last).

ps - Leroy was best for us ;) We had tubby's twin this week - nearly as bad as last week but it was his mate that got KO'd

Yeas FOD I would pay $6 to watch ol fish eggs and deany both get knocked out ;)
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Snap Kick Ninja » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:16 pm

What's everyone's predictions for GF winner, BOG in grandy and mail medal?
I'll go Encounter bay GF winners with Ken Mcgregor kicking plenty to get BOG
Mail medal toss up between Marc Elliot, Ziggy and Rigby.

Williunga by plenty in the twos and I suppose being the coach and being a regular in the votes other years won't hurt old balls Bryce garrads chances in the bs medal
Snap Kick Ninja
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby oldbomber » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Dont agree with rigby winning it last year and im not sure too many others did hence why he was only named on bench in gsfl team of year last year but I think he is going to be a deserving winner this year! M elliot second and ziggy 3rd.

Bays are favourites for me but could be knocked off by magpies, strath or compass if they dont play their best.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Ramadash » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:35 am

Creek goolwa - money men by 7 goals and finally one of their thugs might get reported! My prediction
Mclaren yank - yank 1 goal feeling good about themselves after last weeks win
Compass bay - this years gf's get to look at each other! Bays by 3 points
Pony strath - strath by 5 goals! Will be in finals and a contender!
Willunga Victa - Victor young guns to bounce back by 2 goals
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby oldbomber » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:20 pm

What a round of footy! Bays confirmed as heavy premiership favourites and maybe the 5 is not set...with yank finding some decent form late strath will need a good team in and to play well next week plus myponga could beat victor...

if strath win they are 5th but if they lose and pongy win next week pongy has % to steal 5th. Gonna be an exciting final round!
oldbomber
Rookie

Postby The Little Master » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:04 pm

First game of gsfl for a while and saw a real tough game at langhorne. Creeks are a real good side at full strength. Way too good for Goolwa. Goolwa look to have a heap of injuries.

Bit harsh calling creeks the money men Ramadash. Certainly have spent some coin in the past but 15 locals by my count today. Not bad considering their population . And the non locals include some guys that know each other and have been there for a while
The Little Master
Rookie

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:27 am

The Little Master wrote:First game of gsfl for a while and saw a real tough game at langhorne. Creeks are a real good side at full strength. Way too good for Goolwa. Goolwa look to have a heap of injuries.

Bit harsh calling creeks the money men Ramadash. Certainly have spent some coin in the past but 15 locals by my count today. Not bad considering their population . And the non locals include some guys that know each other and have been there for a while

Thought he was referring to Goolwa being the money men?
Apart from Basir missing, Creeks probably fielded their best side for the year against Goolwa and not a big surprise to win as Goolwa had little to play for and guessing they had a few out?
The addition of Derham and Tonkin back from injury gave the Hawks strength across all lines which showed in the 2nd half as they took control of the game.
After all is said and done, Goolwa/PE have at least 2 finals ahead of them whilst the Creeks should finish their season off with a win against McLaren.
A Grade B Grade
Yank 20 - 12 Yank 2 - 0
Def Def by
McLaren 6 - 10 McLaren 16 - 16

Victor 16 - 5 Victor 2 - 0
Def Def by
Willunga 4 - 5 Willunga 19 - 14

One might think that going on the strength of McLaren & Willunga in the 'B' Grade that they may just be a little more competitive in the 'A's ?
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:02 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
The Little Master wrote:First game of gsfl for a while and saw a real tough game at langhorne. Creeks are a real good side at full strength. Way too good for Goolwa. Goolwa look to have a heap of injuries.

Thought he was referring to Goolwa being the money men?
Apart from Basir missing, Creeks probably fielded their best side for the year against Goolwa and not a big surprise to win as Goolwa had little to play for and guessing they had a few out?
The addition of Derham and Tonkin back from injury gave the Hawks strength across all lines which showed in the 2nd half as they took control of the game.
After all is said and done, Goolwa/PE have at least 2 finals ahead of them whilst the Creeks should finish their season off with a win against McLaren.
A Grade B Grade
Yank 20 - 12 Yank 2 - 0
Def Def by
McLaren 6 - 10 McLaren 16 - 16

Victor 16 - 5 Victor 2 - 0
Def Def by
Willunga 4 - 5 Willunga 19 - 14

One might think that going on the strength of McLaren & Willunga in the 'B' Grade that they may just be a little more competitive in the 'A's ?

willunga seem to have good depth at the club but maybe they lack a couple of genuine stars in the a grade which would make them a contender.

as for mclaren, well thats a pretty familiar thing at that football club.
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby kickittome » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Big weekend of footy ahead. Myponga now could sneak in to the 5 if they beat victor & strath lose to yank which will be a tough game for the roosters. Very foggy muddy day down at myonga hence only 10 goals being kicked in the a grade & 4 in the reserves. When the sun came out in the 3rd strath looked to get there game up & running, but full credit to myponga they played to the conditions better & deserved the win.
I'm not one to whinge about umpiring & this had no bearing on the result, but just wondering if any other teams have been on the end of some bad calls made by a boundary umpire. On saturday a boundary umpire called 4 running in to the square frees 2 for & 2 against strath. The most I have ever seen given in a game is 2 & you can go months without seeing one given. When questioned the boundary umpire was under the impression it was once a ruckman touched the ball you can run in to the square. Which we all know is wrong!! :roll: in his defence I think he had a disibility but surely the field umpire would question his interpratation of the rule after 3?

No surprises that the bays knocked compass off saturday. Compass have been very cocky of late but maybe have peaked too early having minimal injuries through the year. Compass having not played in a finals series the last 6-7 years might get a bit of stage fright when the real games start.
kickittome
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:55 am

kickittome wrote:Big weekend of footy ahead. Myponga now could sneak in to the 5 if they beat victor & strath lose to yank which will be a tough game for the roosters. Very foggy muddy day down at myonga hence only 10 goals being kicked in the a grade & 4 in the reserves. When the sun came out in the 3rd strath looked to get there game up & running, but full credit to myponga they played to the conditions better & deserved the win.
I'm not one to whinge about umpiring & this had no bearing on the result, but just wondering if any other teams have been on the end of some bad calls made by a boundary umpire. On saturday a boundary umpire called 4 running in to the square frees 2 for & 2 against strath. The most I have ever seen given in a game is 2 & you can go months without seeing one given. When questioned the boundary umpire was under the impression it was once a ruckman touched the ball you can run in to the square. Which we all know is wrong!! :roll: in his defence I think he had a disibility but surely the field umpire would question his interpratation of the rule after 3?

No surprises that the bays knocked compass off saturday. Compass have been very cocky of late but maybe have peaked too early having minimal injuries through the year. Compass having not played in a finals series the last 6-7 years might get a bit of stage fright when the real games start.

Yeah ktm was at the game on Saturday and it looked like a one horse race ! Have the dogs lost their bite? its a long year boys and the real stuff starts next week. Having only played in one finals game since I have lived up here could tell against this young side but it has been a year of many smiles and I hope they continue :D :D !! ITS TIME to let the DOGS out ;) ;)
On the umpiring front we all can sit back and shake our heads and we ALL have, the umps on Saturday were excellent and we lost !!
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:44 am

Hey FOD, Is Levy planning on resting a couple? ;)
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby field of dreams » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:01 pm

words of wisdom wrote:Hey FOD, Is Levy planning on resting a couple? ;)

Haha!!
Hmm - who would we rather play in the Elimination Final???...

Seriously, stringing some form together should be our main objective rather than resting players lol. Hopefully we will have some guys coming back into the side actually ;)

At round 5 we were top and undefeated....

6 - lose to compass by 41
7 - defeat yank by 3
8 - smashed by Willunga by 77
9 - defeat pongy by 39
10- lose to Strath by 18
11- defeat creek by 30
12- lose to McLaren
13- lose to Bays (but played pretty well in a tough dour affair)
14- lose to 2nd placed Goolwa by 33
15- defeat top team Compass by 1
16- lose to bottom Yank by 13
17- destroy Willunga by 72

You guys should be odds on!!
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:24 pm

field of dreams wrote:
words of wisdom wrote:Hey FOD, Is Levy planning on resting a couple? ;)

Haha!!
Hmm - who would we rather play in the Elimination Final???...

Seriously, stringing some form together should be our main objective rather than resting players lol. Hopefully we will have some guys coming back into the side actually ;)

At round 5 we were top and undefeated....

6 - lose to compass by 41
7 - defeat yank by 3
8 - smashed by Willunga by 77
9 - defeat pongy by 39
10- lose to Strath by 18
11- defeat creek by 30
12- lose to McLaren
13- lose to Bays (but played pretty well in a tough dour affair)
14- lose to 2nd placed Goolwa by 33
15- defeat top team Compass by 1
16- lose to bottom Yank by 13
17- destroy Willunga by 72

You guys should be odds on!!

Odds on - Come on FOD.. :) we've been the Jekyll & Hyde side all year. You'll be going in favourites. If we had Scotty Hunt playing it may be different but he's done for the year.
Had a little bit to do with Levy over the years & I know he'd have in the back of his mind on who he'd rather play next week but as you said winning form is more important going into next week.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:54 pm

ROUND 18
Yank v Strath......Strath win and it doesn't matter what happens at victor, when does strath start flying in the premiership side? I'm on the tigers YELLOW and BLACK by 3 pts ;)

Victor v Myponga...Pongy to keep away from the rolling stoppage and play Victor again next week...Mudlarks by 11pts

Willunga v Compass...Didn't like what I saw last week, top spot is on the line so I will stick with the Dogs to win by 25 pts

Goolwa v Bays....Bays awesome last week but it will be all smoke and mirrors as they face off again next week on the same deck... DRAW :shock:

McLaren v Creek...Ah yes who gets all the LOOTS!, last game for gazz loved ya work last week by naming him in the A's and therefore he doesn't qualify for the B grade side in the finals..last laugh is all yours mate :lol: hoping for a win McLaren by 1pt

Good luck to all, oh let the sunshine, oh let the sunshine in !!!!!!!!!
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby field of dreams » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:11 am

Yank v Strath......Strath should win but the tigers are playing good footy. Surely strath have much more to play for..

Victor v Myponga. Victor at home should get the job done.

Willunga v Compass. Compass

Goolwa v Bays....Bays

McLaren v Creek.. Who cares [emoji3]
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby oldbomber » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Yank
Victor
Compass
Bays
Creeks
oldbomber
Rookie

Postby Tiger83 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:12 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:ROUND 18
Yank v Strath......Strath win and it doesn't matter what happens at victor, when does strath start flying in the premiership side? I'm on the tigers YELLOW and BLACK by 3 pts ;)

Victor v Myponga...Pongy to keep away from the rolling stoppage and play Victor again next week...Mudlarks by 11pts

Willunga v Compass...Didn't like what I saw last week, top spot is on the line so I will stick with the Dogs to win by 25 pts

Goolwa v Bays....Bays awesome last week but it will be all smoke and mirrors as they face off again next week on the same deck... DRAW :shock:

McLaren v Creek...Ah yes who gets all the LOOTS!, last game for gazz loved ya work last week by naming him in the A's and therefore he doesn't qualify for the B grade side in the finals..last laugh is all yours mate :lol: hoping for a win McLaren by 1pt

Good luck to all, oh let the sunshine, oh let the sunshine in !!!!!!!!!

Ummmm Loots DID play B Grade last week !!
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Yes D. Loots DID play 'B' Grade in Round 17 BUT was also NAMED on the list in 'A' Grade even if he didn't play so i assume only the 'A' Grade game counts towards qualification.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy