Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby oldbomber » Fri May 01, 2015 12:41 pm

LexLuther wrote:Myponga, 2 points... Midfield should be too strong.
Victor, 15 leaving last years premiers 0-4
Mclaren 4 points eBay struggling with a bit of consistency latley
Yank 2 points, upset of the round (hope my boys can get up)
Compass 15 if Hoban plays, Look strong on paper. wasn't that impressed by goolwa last week

A tough round to pick:

Myponga by 30pts
strath to finally start their season 8pts
mcclaren 5 pts
willunga 25pts
goolwa by 1pt in match of the round
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri May 01, 2015 6:11 pm

LuvsFooty wrote:I will only be paying $5 due to one less game on the fixture and I expect dogsbarkin to get out from the keyboard and buy me a beer.

Odds on me only paying $5 - Betting suspended
Odds on a beer from dogsbarkin - 300/1

Hopefully dogs will be there but is home at the minute with the wife making pups all male hopefully to fill that junior colts side in the future !!

P.S Still waiting for that coaching move guggy boy !!! what's those odds ?? :shock:
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby LexLuther » Sat May 02, 2015 7:24 pm

G.O.A.T wrote:not impressed with Goolwa enough to tip them but happy to go with Yank after the 50 point loss................ makes sense

Yank and compass both give footballing lessons, makes sence to me goat ;)
LexLuther
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby words of wisdom » Sat May 02, 2015 11:45 pm

Pongy beat the Creek by about 7 goals.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby jackpot jim » Sat May 02, 2015 11:51 pm

Myponga-Sellicks easily over the Creeks by about 7 goals
Fast free scoring shootout in the 1st half saw the Mudlarks lead 9 - 5 to 9 - 3
Creeks couldn't maintain the intensity after the break to see Myponga expose
an undermanned and inexperienced Creek defense to ease the margin out to 7 goals by the end.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby words of wisdom » Sun May 03, 2015 11:50 am

Was surprised by the margin in the end, especially with Allen and Hunt out. Not all doom and gloom for the Creek as a couple of their younger players look like they'll be a handful in a few years. Kane Rogers played well.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:06 pm

Why is it the GSFL SportingPulse scores take days to sometimes be uploaded? When nearly all other leagues apart from hills central are up by 6pm on the Saturday night? Is it not up to the home club to do this?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sun May 03, 2015 1:07 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:Why is it the GSFL SportingPulse scores take days to sometimes be uploaded? When nearly all other leagues apart from hills central are up by 6pm on the Saturday night? Is it not up to the home club to do this?

Good Question that i dont have the answer.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Sun May 03, 2015 1:31 pm

words of wisdom wrote:Was surprised by the margin in the end, especially with Allen and Hunt out. Not all doom and gloom for the Creek as a couple of their younger players look like they'll be a handful in a few years. Kane Rogers played well.

I wasn't surprised, Despite keeping pace with Myponga until half time, always had the feeling Creeks would be found out as the game went on as they were. Creeks have lost some real quality from last year and pretty well need a full compliment of players on the park this year to be competitive.
Creeks were fortunate to have Derham last week for the Strath clash but with him back to Norwood this week along with Basir missing Injured really left their backline vulnerable and that was shown last night as they were exposed for a lack of height, strength and experience.
Senior Colts to A Grade is a huge step up and despite the Creeks having very competitive Senior Colt teams for many years, it seems not a high % of those better players from those teams make it through to A grade level for various reasons.
Agree with Kane Rogers, 3rd year out of Colts and is only now seemingly feeling at home at this level. Could do with putting on a few KGs tho.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri May 08, 2015 12:29 pm

ROUND 5

Willunga v Creek .......Inconsistent willunga to get the win by 23pts (The Murga's Cup !!)

Yank v Compass........Great win by both sides last week but its the Dogs again by 36pts

Strath v McLaren......Last year's premiers in a spot of bother McLaren by 11 pts

Myponga v Bays.......Are the mudlarks top 3 or not for me not Bays by 19 pts

Goolwa v Victor.......The $ stops here both will be finalists Goolwa should be looking for a better showing this week but its Victor by 9 pts

Was it worth the gate fee last week Guggy boy ;)
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby oldbomber » Fri May 08, 2015 1:42 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:ROUND 5

Willunga v Creek .......Inconsistent willunga to get the win by 23pts (The Murga's Cup !!)

Yank v Compass........Great win by both sides last week but its the Dogs again by 36pts

Strath v McLaren......Last year's premiers in a spot of bother McLaren by 11 pts

Myponga v Bays.......Are the mudlarks top 3 or not for me not Bays by 19 pts

Goolwa v Victor.......The $ stops here both will be finalists Goolwa should be looking for a better showing this week but its Victor by 9 pts

Was it worth the gate fee last week Guggy boy ;)

Willunga 5 goals
compass 4 goals
strath 4 goals otherwise would be very unlikely to play finals after an 0 and 5 start
bays 2 goals
victor 2 goals
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri May 08, 2015 5:26 pm

LexLuther wrote:
G.O.A.T wrote:not impressed with Goolwa enough to tip them but happy to go with Yank after the 50 point loss................ makes sense

Yank and compass both give footballing lessons, makes sence to me goat ;)

What happened to planty for him to cop a red card lex not his style ?
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby LexLuther » Sat May 09, 2015 8:59 pm

Compass were just too strong in gusty conditions today. Will be interested to see how both compass and victor go next week... The winner is anyone's guess
LexLuther
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby jackpot jim » Sat May 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Willunga by about 14 points over the Creeks.
Win was set up in the 1st term when Willunga with a free ride from the Umps
combined with plenty of run and spread and accurate goalkicking zipped
out to a 6 goal lead. An even 2nd term saw them maintain that margin at half time.
With the Creeks undermanned with the loss of 4 players from last week and then further
injuries in the 1st half to basically see them without a bench, one would have expected the Demons
to run away with it in the 2nd half but it was ALL the Hawks as they attacked relentlessly as Willunga went to water when the pressure was applied.
Poor conversion by the Hawks prevented them from getting any closer than 8 points as Willunga ultimately fell in to win.
Would be a huge surprise to see either of these past Powerhouse sides play Finals this season.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby fiftympenalty » Sun May 10, 2015 1:45 am

jackpot jim wrote:Willunga by about 14 points over the Creeks.
out to a 6 goal lead. An even 2nd term saw them maintain that margin at half time.
With the Creeks undermanned with the loss of 4 players from last week and then further
injuries in the 1st half to basically see them without a bench, one would have expected the Demons
to run away with it in the 2nd half but it was ALL the Hawks as they attacked relentlessly as Willunga went to water when the pressure was applied.
Poor conversion by the Hawks prevented them from getting any closer than 8 points as Willunga ultimately fell in to win.
Would be a huge surprise to see either of these past Powerhouse sides play Finals this season.

Bit of an agenda here by the looks jackpot jim
Injuries happen. Unfavourable umpiring happens.
When you're blaming both of those things at the same time for a sides loss, you're demonstrating the level of knowledge you actually have on the topic
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby jackpot jim » Sun May 10, 2015 11:21 am

fiftympenalty wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:Willunga by about 14 points over the Creeks.

Bit of an agenda here by the looks jackpot jim
Injuries happen. Unfavourable umpiring happens.
When you're blaming both of those things at the same time for a sides loss, you're demonstrating the level of knowledge you actually have on the topic

Great reply fiftympenalty.
Yep, thats what people want to read on here.
Criticizing other posters for for trying to give an insight to other readers how the game played out.
Keep up the good work champ
Maybe i'll just stick to posting the score in future as to not upset anyone. :roll:
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby fiftympenalty » Sun May 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Jackpot jim
Not trying to deter you I just think its pointless in general to mention injuries as every team has them / players missing for work and other reasons. Injuries on the day are probably a valid point but no use talking about what players could be in the team if it wasn't for injuries from past weeks
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby field of dreams » Sun May 10, 2015 6:07 pm

I reckon it's good to know when good players are missing. Helps give a better overall understanding of what went on and why.
Keep it up JJ.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby The eclipse fan » Wed May 13, 2015 10:20 am

fiftympenalty wrote:Jackpot jim
Not trying to deter you I just think its pointless in general to mention injuries as every team has them / players missing for work and other reasons. Injuries on the day are probably a valid point but no use talking about what players could be in the team if it wasn't for injuries from past weeks

I'm with jackpot, I'd rather know if a game was played without a bench! It definitely has an impact on a teams ability to perform on that day!
Or is this more of a deflection of what is really going on?? I've heard on the grapevine there is a couple of senior lads not happy with the fact Mergs won't wipe their bums for them like their previous coach would and It's having an affect on the young guns of the team!! Any thoughts??
Live Forever
The eclipse fan
Mini-League

Been liked: 8 times

Postby BJ Ernest » Wed May 13, 2015 11:01 am

The eclipse fan wrote:
fiftympenalty wrote:Jackpot jim

I'm with jackpot, I'd rather know if a game was played without a bench! It definitely has an impact on a teams ability to perform on that day!
Or is this more of a deflection of what is really going on?? I've heard on the grapevine there is a couple of senior lads not happy with the fact Mergs won't wipe their bums for them like their previous coach would and It's having an affect on the young guns of the team!! Any thoughts??

Im sure everyone has injury issues, I certainly know Willunga are having more than their fair share of injury problems at the minute. Without naming them there were as many as 10 missing Saturday, and even with the depth at the club this is still a very testing time for the Dees. To get a win on the weekend, despite the creeks being depleted was a great win for the club and hopefully with the return of some important players this weekend hopefully they're able to compete and beat the Bays.
On Murgs. He's been great, the numbers on the track and injured guys on the sidelines at each and every session tells me the players have enjoyed his input and are not having any issues with him whatsoever. I'd worry about your own backyard Eclipse rather than relying on grapevines for your information.
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy