Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby footytrip » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:24 am

dogsrbarkin wrote:ATTENTION all posters took the family to compass v enc bay today one side fighting for a finals birth other one for top spot result a game of football totally ruined by the actions of a foul mouthed player calling other coaching box a bunch of C#?@s !! (Number 1) SCREAMING AND ENGAGING another player in a verbal barrage and I saw it with my own eyes my 8 year old son heard it as did the rest of the ground OMG then I find out its their COACH. Speaking to the locals they tell me that is the reigning premiership coach what a disgrace ....is there a code of conduct for coaches because if there is this idiot should be kicked out for good no excuse for this filth its only country league footy I remember these idiots when I went to school they were called foul mouthed BULLIES. Good luck to all others in the finals race I know who my family wants to see come last :evil:

I also went to this game as had business in adelaide so caught the last three qaurters this is a bit of an exaggerated version as I if I had my 8 year old lad at the footy I would be more worried about the compass coach attacking the encounter bay guys at 3 quarter and after the game. I would also be more worried about the number 17 for compass that got a red card from throwing haymakers in the last (prob the only time he was involved anywhere near the footy all day) and then lastly the chubby number 24 who sat on the bench all day for compass and decided at the end of the game he would king hit the bay backman in the back of the head. All in all not something to be overly proud of I would imagine. Infact I think u will find some of the players who do do the right thing and also some of the senior committee were incredibly embarresed of some of the actions of the home club yesterday.

All in all its footy though and both teams did play a very hard game and very physical and except for two or three blokes stepping over the line it was a great spectacle to watch with a great atmosphere
footytrip
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby dogsrbarkin » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:47 am

footytrip wrote:
dogsrbarkin wrote:ATTENTION all posters took the family to compass v enc bay today one side fighting for a finals birth other one for top spot result a game of football totally ruined by the actions of a foul mouthed player calling other coaching box a bunch of C#?@s !! (Number 1) SCREAMING AND ENGAGING another player in a verbal barrage and I saw it with my own eyes my 8 year old son heard it as did the rest of the ground OMG then I find out its their COACH. Speaking to the locals they tell me that is the reigning premiership coach what a disgrace ....is there a code of conduct for coaches because if there is this idiot should be kicked out for good no excuse for this filth its only country league footy I remember these idiots when I went to school they were called foul mouthed BULLIES. Good luck to all others in the finals race I know who my family wants to see come last :evil:

I also went to this game as had business in adelaide so caught the last three qaurters this is a bit of an exaggerated version as I if I had my 8 year old lad at the footy I would be more worried about the compass coach attacking the encounter bay guys at 3 quarter and after the game. I would also be more worried about the number 17 for compass that got a red card from throwing haymakers in the last (prob the only time he was involved anywhere near the footy all day) and then lastly the chubby number 24 who sat on the bench all day for compass and decided at the end of the game he would king hit the bay backman in the back of the head. All in all not something to be overly proud of I would imagine. Infact I think u will find some of the players who do do the right thing and also some of the senior committee were incredibly embarresed of some of the actions of the home club yesterday.

All in all its footy though and both teams did play a very hard game and very physical and except for two or three blokes stepping over the line it was a great spectacle to watch with a great atmosphere

OH dear !
Strike 1:You couldn't make it for the first quarter that's a shame hopefully the old bloke was still there to collect your 6 dollars or did you just drive in ha ha
[color=#FF0000]Strike 2 :[color=#000000]the gentleman you are referring to and your number 1 was screaming at "Shut your mouth you f##kIng Old C#nt" wasn't he coach at all but just a volunteer :shock:
[color=#FF0000]Strike 3 : [color=#000000]
If any members of any committee were as you put it incredibly embarrassed surely it would be your s or is it ok to use that sort of foul mouth hmmmm yes I rest my case footy trip :roll: [/color][/color][/color][/color]
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Ferret » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:22 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:
footytrip wrote:

OH dear !
Strike 1:You couldn't make it for the first quarter that's a shame hopefully the old bloke was still there to collect your 6 dollars or did you just drive in ha ha
[color=#FF0000]Strike 2 :[color=#000000]the gentleman you are referring to and your number 1 was screaming at "Shut your mouth you f##kIng Old C#nt" wasn't he coach at all but just a volunteer :shock:
[color=#FF0000]Strike 3 : [color=#000000]
If any members of any committee were as you put it incredibly embarrassed surely it would be your s or is it ok to use that sort of foul mouth hmmmm yes I rest my case footy trip :roll: [/color][/color][/color][/color]

went to watch my brother play. seen the game from start to finish. was on the oval at 3 qrt time at the huddle. dogs, mate, you need to open your other eye. 'abuse' was going both ways well and truely. not just from players, but supporters, coaches and team support staff etc. it wasnt the one way barrage you make it out to be.

compass were far more physical in the first half and pushed the bays off the footy. IMO the niggle started when the bays came out in the second half, obviously after a pump up from the coach, and tackled harder and were harder at the footy and in turn, pushed the compass lads off the football and took the game away from them. a few push and shoves here and there but not much in most of it. things could have boiled over on a few occasions but to both teams credit they didnt.

i think your trying to make a mountain out of mole hill with this one
The Ferret
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby words of wisdom » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:34 am

LuvsFooty wrote:Good story gug. Use a full stop or two so we know what you're on about. If it was as bad as you said, he would have received a yellow card, a red card, or he would have had his number taken. And I don't want to dampen the spirits and hopes of your family, but they can't finish last. They're guaranteed a top 3 spot.

=D> =D>
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi jumping over from SFL forum - rumour on there about Matthew Dent to Myponga next year. Can anyone confirm?
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby neverwas neverwillbe » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:00 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Hi jumping over from SFL forum - rumour on there about Matthew Dent to Myponga next year. Can anyone confirm?

Is mentioned on the previous page but not confirmed.

Dingo took my baby.
Dingo took my baby.
neverwas neverwillbe
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:58 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
LuvsFooty wrote:Good story gug. Use a full stop or two so we know what you're on about. If it was as bad as you said, he would have received a yellow card, a red card, or he would have had his number taken. And I don't want to dampen the spirits and hopes of your family, but they can't finish last. They're guaranteed a top 3 spot.

=D> =D>

:ANAL:
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby Stinky Pig Dog Bill » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Anyone know how many years it's been since Goolwa has played finals?
Stinky Pig Dog Bill
Mini-League

Postby old fullback » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Stinky Pig Dog Bill wrote:Anyone know how many years it's been since Goolwa has played finals?

Goolwa/Pt Elliot last played finals in 2004 when they finished 5th, Goolwa as their own identity last played finals in 1995 and finished 2nd..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby footytrip » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:32 pm

so with the final five finally set what is everyone's prediction for the flag. It has been a great year of footy watching from an outsider and being able to see a variety of teams play each week has been a privilege.

my thoughts on the teams that didn't make the 5
Victor Harbor - although a very young team I watched them play the Bays at encounter bay and Willunga at Willunga and both at times looked very quick and tested the bays and smashed Willunga. The coach debacle wasn't something that they needed but going forward with the right coach and someone committed to hang around for a couple of years with the committees backing this young team with a couple of recruits will be ones to watch
Yank - how long has it been since a team hasn't won a game in a whole year, this year they were allowed 11 points with finishing last do they jump back to 15 points for 2015?
McClaren Vale - with Parry I thought they were going to be a danger, I watch them play Goolwa at McLaren and he looked really good and smashed mikeljohn in the ruck. With him in the team for the whole year and their forwards firing they would have gone close. from all reports not sure if he will be staying at McClaren next year or not?

I never really held high hopes for Myponga or Mount Compass. Myponga have a bit of promising young talent but still need a lot of the older blokes running around to make up the numbers. Compass are a hard physical team and I wasn't sure if Pinyon would play this year after being at South in the pre season. They have probably the best ruck in the league but Pinyon gets the ball so far up the ground they don't really have another dominate forward.

who is everyones tip for the mail medal this Wednesday? I reckon koznitka from creeks I know club votes don't necessary match the umpires thinking but he has been in the best 13 times out of the 18 games
footytrip
Mini-League

Postby captian cook » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:14 pm

he cant win it he wasnt even invited to the count which means he didnt finish in the top 10
captian cook

Great Southern Football League

Postby neverwas neverwillbe » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:34 pm

I think they actually invite the top two from each club.

Dingo took my baby.
Last edited by neverwas neverwillbe on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dingo took my baby.
neverwas neverwillbe
Rookie

Postby dogsrbarkin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:27 pm

captian cook wrote:he cant win it he wasnt even invited to the count which means he didnt finish in the top 10

Is there a list of the players that have been invited cc
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby kickittome » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Yes it is always interesting to find out who has & hasn't been invited from each club. Strath invites are Daniel batson, Sam Elliott & Sam George. The two sams thought there was a mix up with Sam McDonald not bring invited. Clearly we have had too many players with beards this year which has caused confusion with the umpires.
My tip would be Jarrod kellock from the creek noted ball getter & has been around the mark the last few years, with mcgregor not playing this year might free up more votes him. Runner ups micklejohn from goolwa & Daniel batson from strath two big ruckman who have had a consistant year.
kickittome
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times

Postby fiftympenalty » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:19 pm

Someone from bays will pole well aka top 3 and players like Brett Ellis from McLaren and Burdett Willunga will be top 5 as a result of being classy ball winning midfielders, who play for teams which win enough games for votes but might not have as many others sharing votes. Loots always goes well too and has had another stand out season, evident from the stats page on the league web site hes in bps over 10 times

Hopefully the winner is deserved
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby BJ Ernest » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:14 am

Burdett to win. Ellis, Batson or Barnes for the placings.
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby words of wisdom » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Scott "Spud" Hunt a chance?? Played really well until he did his hammy at strath - probably missed to many games. Ellis & Kellock should be right up there.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby footy1992 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:38 pm

It's a clean sweep for the Bays! Congratulations to Rigby Barnes who is the 2014 GSFL Mail Medallist.
Final standings:
Rigby Barnes (Enc Bay) 28
Daniel Batson (Strath) 23
Peter Hoban (Mt Compass) 17
Brett Ellis (McLaren) 17
Vinnie Rugolo (Goolwa-PE) 16
Daniel Lees (Goolwa-PE) 16
Marcus Burdett (Willunga) 14

GSFL FB Page
footy1992
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:16 am

footy1992 wrote:It's a clean sweep for the Bays! Congratulations to Rigby Barnes who is the 2014 GSFL Mail Medallist.
Final standings:
Brett Ellis (McLaren) 17

GSFL FB Page

Really :shock:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby fathersonsfl » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:13 pm

shoe boy wrote:
footy1992 wrote:It's a clean sweep for the Bays! Congratulations to Rigby Barnes who is the 2014 GSFL Mail Medallist.
Final standings:
Brett Ellis (McLaren) 17

GSFL FB Page

Really :shock:

Umpires must have seen something that I never did.....
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy