Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Sat May 17, 2014 7:58 pm

The Little Master wrote:Bad look for the GSFL, langhorne creek and Norwood today with Josh Vick hospitalized in a behind the play incident with Ben Warren. With the league president there you'd think this will get quite serious. Facing 4-5 game suspension minimum. Hope josh is alright. Never good to see ambulances at local footy

Knowing Dugga there wouldn't have been anything dirty in it. Vick & Dugga were mates at South so i find your post even harder to believe that it was behind play. Fact is that Benny has spoken to Josh & everything is all good between them so you should really stop trying to make a mole hill into a mountain. Wish Vicky a speedy recovery!
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby mutton cove » Sat May 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Winners list.
Nice to see the crushers back on the winners list and with money in the bank.Also its time the umps had a good look
at a couple of those tigers.
mutton cove
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Sun May 18, 2014 1:35 am

words of wisdom wrote:
The Little Master wrote:Bad look for the GSFL, langhorne creek and Norwood today with Josh Vick hospitalized in a behind the play incident with Ben Warren. With the league president there you'd think this will get quite serious. Facing 4-5 game suspension minimum. Hope josh is alright. Never good to see ambulances at local footy

Knowing Dugga there wouldn't have been anything dirty in it. Vick & Dugga were mates at South so i find your post even harder to believe that it was behind play. Fact is that Benny has spoken to Josh & everything is all good between them so you should really stop trying to make a mole hill into a mountain. Wish Vicky a speedy recovery!

Yep wasn't at the game either but know both individuals very well. Would bet the life of every one of my family members that there wasn't any malice in it. Both blokes have great respect for one another. Anyone that was there see what happened . All the best to JV , nicer fellow you wouldn't meet
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby The Little Master » Sun May 18, 2014 9:08 am

So it's ok that a well respected footballer like josh Vick gets knocked out and taken to hospital after being hit behind play because warren is a good bloke and they used to play at south together ? The facts are it happened
The Little Master
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby LuvsFooty » Sun May 18, 2014 9:34 am

I doubt anybody really knows what happened because it wasn't in a contest. I know JV was pretty sick prior to the match so this could be a contributing factor to how bad he was and i am pretty sure they've both spoken via texts. But....something definitely happened and a player got knocked out. Could you imagine the outrage if the situation was reversed and what would we all be saying if it was a broken jaw? Ben doesn't need to be hung on a footy forum without facts but it needs to be looked at
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby Bull » Sun May 18, 2014 10:15 am

Freo HeaveHo wrote:
words of wisdom wrote:

Yep wasn't at the game either but know both individuals very well. Would bet the life of every one of my family members that there wasn't any malice in it. Both blokes have great respect for one another. Anyone that was there see what happened . All the best to JV , nicer fellow you wouldn't meet

Anyone who was there and saw what happened knows the score is one all. Both blokes are mates and im sure today, both are wondering why what took place happened at all. Im not going to point the finger at anyone but lets just say that it doesn't matter how good a bloke you may be, or have others think you may be a snipe is a snipe and sometimes payback is a bitch.
Bull
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby From The Outer » Sun May 18, 2014 10:29 am

Whatever the outcome Norwood would be filthy. Cant see them liking this type of publicity. Fair to say that Warren wont be seen in Creek colours again while he is coaching Norwood.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Sun May 18, 2014 10:53 am

From The Outer wrote:Whatever the outcome Norwood would be filthy. Cant see them liking this type of publicity. Fair to say that Warren wont be seen in Creek colours again while he is coaching Norwood.

I struggle to see why he is even bothering anyway. Not being able to play that many games. And what would happen if he broke a leg or something. Make his job as a senior coach pretty tough
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Sun May 18, 2014 12:25 pm

I think it's case closed boys and girls. No malice, no report and not going any further. Pretty sure Ben was playing a one off, so unlikely to be a big concern to Norwood. Fair enough that the little master brought it up but he certainly was speaking on behalf on JV or the club. Just an angry little man from the outer
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun May 18, 2014 1:01 pm

From The Outer wrote:Whatever the outcome Norwood would be filthy. Cant see them liking this type of publicity. Fair to say that Warren wont be seen in Creek colours again while he is coaching Norwood.

Has there been any publicity other than a few comments here?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Bunton » Sun May 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Plenty of talk that this is going to get ugly from numerous sides. Media starting to swarm all over it as well
Bunton
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby jackpot jim » Sun May 18, 2014 3:33 pm

The Little Master wrote:So it's ok that a well respected footballer like josh Vick gets knocked out and taken to hospital after being hit behind play because warren is a good bloke and they used to play at south together ? The facts are it happened

So did you actually see the incident or are you just assuming what may have happened?

Perhaps you can describe the actual circumstances in detail rather than making unconvincing vague allegations.

I was there watching as well but i assume i was like 98% of people their and watch the play where the ball is.

As for people questioning him about playing?
Arnt people able to have a life outside of their job? Whats the difference between being a footy coach or a farmer? Country clubs wouldn't operate if their local players didn't play because of "What ifs". Just like people questioning Tony Abbott going out fighting fires with his local CFS. I think some people over rate the importance of some peoples jobs in society. People have jobs. People play sport in their time off. Pretty simple really.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sun May 18, 2014 4:07 pm

Bunton wrote:Plenty of talk that this is going to get ugly from numerous sides. Media starting to swarm all over it as well

Storm in a tea cup. Will only go as far as people want it to. It's only the people that dont know the facts that will continue to stir the pot.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby old fullback » Sun May 18, 2014 7:45 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
The Little Master wrote:So it's ok that a well respected footballer like josh Vick gets knocked out and taken to hospital after being hit behind play because warren is a good bloke and they used to play at south together ? The facts are it happened

So did you actually see the incident or are you just assuming what may have happened?

Perhaps you can describe the actual circumstances in detail rather than making unconvincing vague allegations.

I was there watching as well but i assume i was like 98% of people their and watch the play where the ball is.

As for people questioning him about playing?
Arnt people able to have a life outside of their job? Whats the difference between being a footy coach or a farmer? Country clubs wouldn't operate if their local players didn't play because of "What ifs". Just like people questioning Tony Abbott going out fighting fires with his local CFS. I think some people over rate the importance of some peoples jobs in society. People have jobs. People play sport in their time off. Pretty simple really.

Pull your head in Jackpot Jim you cant compare what Abbott did fighting them fires to what Ben's doing, bloody ridiculous, fires were putting peoples lives and homes at risk, anyone would help surely, Is he going to qualify for finals? if not then no need to play..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby jackpot jim » Sun May 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Oh, Sorry for having an opinion OF. Think you miss my point. Everyone that has a job are just normal people and should be able to go about their normal life outside of work and continue doing what makes them happy. I fully support Tony Abbott for continuing his voluntary role in his local CFS despite being elevated to Prime Minister. Whats whether Ben is going to qualify for Finals got to do with him playing? That's simply a ridiculous statement imo. He's got every right to play the sport he loves for his local home club when he's available to. Going on your theory , all the Yankalilla players may as well give up playing now as none of them will play finals.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Mon May 19, 2014 10:26 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Oh, Sorry for having an opinion OF. Think you miss my point. Everyone that has a job are just normal people and should be able to go about their normal life outside of work and continue doing what makes them happy. I fully support Tony Abbott for continuing his voluntary role in his local CFS despite being elevated to Prime Minister. Whats whether Ben is going to qualify for Finals got to do with him playing? That's simply a ridiculous statement imo. He's got every right to play the sport he loves for his local home club when he's available to. Going on your theory , all the Yankalilla players may as well give up playing now as none of them will play finals.

Now that's a fact, no one will. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Turfie » Tue May 20, 2014 9:39 pm

Heard a few rumblings that there might be footage of the Warren/Vick incident?
Turfie

Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby The Little Master » Wed May 21, 2014 8:59 am

Yep. Seen it
The Little Master
Rookie