Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Grape Ape » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:57 pm

LuvsFooty wrote:For some it's not about the money. I hear you got offered $800 per game BJ? Refused to budge!

:shock: That's a &#$% load of money BJ!!
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Animus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Grape Ape wrote:
LuvsFooty wrote:For some it's not about the money. I hear you got offered $800 per game BJ? Refused to budge!

:shock: That's a &#$% load of money BJ!!

young wombat is worth every dollar!
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Grape. I think you were part of the package
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 17 times

Postby GWW » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Re the Strath coach, which was asked about earlier on this thread - I think I read somewhere that Tony Burgess got that job.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby PK12 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:53 pm

GWW wrote:Re the Strath coach, which was asked about earlier on this thread - I think I read somewhere that Tony Burgess got that job.

About time south got rid of him....do feel for strath though. When the bloke went to coach amateurs he took broadview to div 2. A very negative coach! He might have a wealth of knowledge by no idea how to use it!
PK12

Been liked: 4 times

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:05 pm

BJ Ernest wrote: Creek boys all going around again?

Creeks had 7 different players in their 2012 premiership side compared to their 2011 side.
Going on that alone would suggest that not ALL will be going around again.
Would be guessing that maybe 4 -5 players may move on? A few retirements maybe. A couple of lads maybe looking at SANFL again? Apart from that sounds pretty positive that most are happy to go around again and why wouldn't they?
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby field of dreams » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:57 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:Are these the same henley players that the now defunked hilly had done the ground work on shame shame

I reckon you might be barkin up the wrong tree there dogs. Think back a bit.

The Little Master wrote:Who was it that found the lost cheque book at Vicky harbs?? It's been lost in someones glove box since the late 90's

Sure is silly season! Yep Victor haven't paid anyone since the 90s. :?

Pretty sure all 10 clubs are out there looking to build their stocks - and that means offering $. Sad but true.

kickittome wrote:Agree with you 'fod' you do need a few more recruits but not many as you have good juniors coming thru, that you don't want to miss out in the a grade.

Spot on kitm.

Yes Victor are looking to target key recruits to help in areas we have been below par. Amazing. Someone puts a rumour about $700-$800 and suddenly it becomes gospel LMAO.

Pretty sure Creeks recruits all play for plonk! :roll: I'm sure Goolwa poaching Harvey had nothing to do with money! :roll: Welsh plays for Bays because he likes whale watching! :D Yank were flying guys down from the NT to play FFS!

That's exactly right LF. I'm sure BJ gets offers all the time and I'm sure the Dees look after him but there is something good about playing with your mates.
For Williams and Skrypec, I'm sure there's $ involved, but at Victor it wont just be about $ - otherwise why would then leave KLU or why wouldn't Williams go for Pongy's better offer hey WOW ;) (Perhaps offer your gun some more instead - I hear he needs some encouragement. ;) )

$ yes, but remember Sauce and Simmo both coached underage at South..... ex team mates Hodge and Ryan..... Penny drops!

It is only October, I'm sure other clubs have some much bigger name irons in the fire.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Panther32 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:03 pm

field of dreams wrote:Pretty sure Creeks recruits all play for plonk! :roll: I'm sure Goolwa poaching Harvey had nothing to do with money! :roll: Welsh plays for Bays because he likes whale watching! :D Yank were flying guys down from the NT to play FFS!

Hahaha :ymapplause:

field of dreams wrote:For Williams and Skrypec, I'm sure there's $ involved, but at Victor it wont just be about $ - otherwise why would then leave KLU or why wouldn't Williams go for Pongy's better offer hey WOW ;)
It is only October, I'm sure other clubs have some much bigger name irons in the fire.

I spoke to these guys 12 months ago and knew they were only staying for one more year. They have been up there a few years now and let's be honest it's a **** loooong drive even for good money!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Yank Man » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Great job, 'Thats what I'm talkin' bout'. Nice to see the thread upgraded. I'm Yank Man, guess you can work the rest out. P.S. I am an observer and not a trouble maker and really interested in GSFL. :lol:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby countryboy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Paul Rogan leaving Encounter Bay? Don't know how he went in GSFL but was a handy player at SAAFL when we played against him. Hear Sacred Heart is interested in getting him back as old scholar.
countryboy

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby BFG » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:07 pm

heard from a mate at Pultney that the big sarge Ian Perrie may be on the move to join encounter bay. him and welshy in the forward line would be difficult/near impossible to stop you'd think.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby field of dreams » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:32 pm

BFG wrote:heard from a mate at Pultney that the big sarge Ian Perrie may be on the move to join encounter bay. him and welshy in the forward line would be difficult/near impossible to stop you'd think.

Keen on ex-crows down the bay. Missed out on Doughty it seems despite the big offer it seems according to the SFL thread.

Doesn't look like Perrie played forward much for Pultney - only kicked 12 goals with 7 others ahead of him in their goalkicking. Then again.... ;)
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Little Master » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:48 pm

countryboy wrote:Paul Rogan leaving Encounter Bay? Don't know how he went in GSFL but was a handy player at SAAFL when we played against him. Hear Sacred Heart is interested in getting him back as old scholar.

terrible player. seemed very unfit and really did not much at all.
The Little Master
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby BFG » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:55 pm

field of dreams wrote:
BFG wrote:heard from a mate at Pultney that the big sarge Ian Perrie may be on the move to join encounter bay. him and welshy in the forward line would be difficult/near impossible to stop you'd think.

Keen on ex-crows down the bay. Missed out on Doughty it seems despite the big offer it seems according to the SFL thread.

Doesn't look like Perrie played forward much for Pultney - only kicked 12 goals with 7 others ahead of him in their goalkicking. Then again.... ;)

won the div 4 medal and from what i hear is still very fit. not 100% sure on this but i think they played him in the ruck this year.
GSFL probably a step up from div 4 but you'd think he still go very well at CHF or FF.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Yeah looks like he rucked. Good effort to win the medal in the ruck - won by a mile to with 39 votes
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:02 pm

BFG wrote:
field of dreams wrote:

won the div 4 medal and from what i hear is still very fit. not 100% sure on this but i think they played him in the ruck this year.
GSFL probably a step up from div 4 but you'd think he still go very well at CHF or FF.

A Step up REALLY!!!!!!!!! try a leap up best comp outside SANFL has anyone on here watched div 4 game even a final :shock:
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Besides Sarge any other news on recruits have heard sturt have invited a swag of players out for preseason
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby One Eyed » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Sherwood leaving. Will he take a few with him ?
One Eyed
League - Best 21

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:23 pm

One Eyed wrote:Sherwood leaving. Will he take a few with him ?

Dont think it'll be his decision whether he takes a few with him.

A few may elect to go with him but would be very surprised if that'd be the the case.
After winning consecutive flags, i think all are pretty happy where they are.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby words of wisdom » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:12 pm

For Williams and Skrypec, I'm sure there's $ involved, but at Victor it wont just be about $ - otherwise why would then leave KLU or why wouldn't Williams go for Pongy's better offer hey WOW ;) (Perhaps offer your gun some more instead - I hear he needs some encouragement. ;) )

:lol: Good one FOD... I'm quietly confident (100%) that Victor$ offer was more. But well done, he's a very handy player. Our gun is happy & very keen for 2013.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy