Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:41 am

Congrats to the Dogs. 36 years is a long time between drinks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby field of dreams » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:55 am

jackpot jim wrote:Junior Colts saw Langhorne Creek win their 1st ever flag in this grade since 1975 in the Hills league in surprisingly emphatic style 11 - 7 to 0 - 1 :shock:

The Creek boys were fantastic JJ. Big turn around from a fortnight ago. Never good to watch your club lose a GF but they were totally outclassed yesterday.
Number 20 dominated the clearances, 23 was good up forward.....but.... That number 21, Roberts, was so far in a class of his own it wasn't funny. Conditions were tough with a very strong wind but his judgement was amazing, taking so many overhead marks. He played in defence against the wind and attack with it. Would love to know how many touches he actually had. Ended up with 5 goals (seemed like more). Graciously shook hands with his opponents after the game before joining the pile on with his mates. Then we find out he's a first year JC (age wise anyway). Big things ahead for this lad.

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:52 pm

field of dreams wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:Junior Colts saw Langhorne Creek win their 1st ever flag in this grade since 1975 in the Hills league in surprisingly emphatic style 11 - 7 to 0 - 1 :shock:

The Creek boys were fantastic JJ. Big turn around from a fortnight ago. Never good to watch your club lose a GF but they were totally outclassed yesterday.
Number 20 dominated the clearances, 23 was good up forward.....but.... That number 21, Roberts, was so far in a class of his own it wasn't funny. Conditions were tough with a very strong wind but his judgement was amazing, taking so many overhead marks. He played in defence against the wind and attack with it. Would love to know how many touches he actually had. Ended up with 5 goals (seemed like more). Graciously shook hands with his opponents after the game before joining the pile on with his mates. Then we find out he's a first year JC (age wise anyway). Big things ahead for this lad.

Yep, age wise its Matts 1st year in Junior Colts. Thinks he's played the last year or 2 tho whilst playing mini colts as well i think? Gonna be scary to think how much he dominates that grade the next 2 years if he doesnt play at a higher level. You're right, his judgement in such tough conditions just stood out above anyone else. Also a very talented golfer, tennis and table tennis player as well. Will be interesting to see where he's at with his footy in 4 - 5 years time.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Great Southern Football League defends decision to drop 15-year-old girl umpire from A-grade grand final

Get the feeling that this is going to overshadow the Premiership win and make national headlines.....

FWIW a Female umpired the boundary in the YPFL GF yesterday at Paskeville and didn't seem to have any issues.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby callop » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:24 pm

heater31 wrote:Great Southern Football League defends decision to drop 15-year-old girl umpire from A-grade grand final

Get the feeling that this is going to overshadow the Premiership win and make national headlines.....

FWIW a Female umpired the boundary in the YPFL GF yesterday at Paskeville and didn't seem to have any issues.

Maybe the media would love to give the Riverland Football League a call for a positive story...... The golden whistle was awarded to one of our female field umpires up here, and she also umpired the A grade GF. She is excellent, and the players and supporters I've spoken to agree. Could definitely umpire at a higher level.
callop

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:34 pm

callop wrote:
heater31 wrote:Great Southern Football League defends decision to drop 15-year-old girl umpire from A-grade grand final

Maybe the media would love to give the Riverland Football League a call for a positive story...... The golden whistle was awarded to one of our female field umpires up here, and she also umpired the A grade GF. She is excellent, and the players and supporters I've spoken to agree. Could definitely umpire at a higher level.

GSFL had a female field umpire in the A Grade 2012 Grand Final. Im guessing she did it because she was one of the best going around and did a fantastic job on the day.
This sounds like a storm in a teacup, a media beat up. Pretty pathetic imo
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby field of dreams » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:54 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
callop wrote:

GSFL had a female field umpire in the A Grade 2012 Grand Final. Im guessing she did it because she was one of the best going around and did a fantastic job on the day.
This sounds like a storm in a teacup, a media beat up. Pretty pathetic imo

I wonder if that young female field ump is one and the same? She left the area I believe so could be. She was really good.

Storm in a teacup? I tend to agree. People just love to play the '...ist' card. It does seem like the way her appointment/relegation was handled was very poor if the news stories are correct though.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby WHOCARES » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:22 pm

neverwas neverwillbe wrote:Some anti terrorism laws apparently!

Dingo took my baby.

Yep youre not allowed to take a gas bottle into ANY public arena anymore and its the law dead set... NO bullshit.. Its against the terrorism act for a mass gathering of people.
WHOCARES
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby WHOCARES » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm

The Yetti wrote:Good luck to all sides playing tomorrow
CANNOT BELIEVE THAT GAS BARBEQUES ARE NOT PERMITTED AT ENCOUNTER BAY TOMORROW

Its the law
WHOCARES
Mini-League

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 pm

WHOCARES wrote:

Dingo took my baby.

Yep youre not allowed to take a gas bottle into ANY public arena anymore and its the law dead set... NO bullshit.. Its against the terrorism act for a mass gathering of people.

How about parachutes?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:58 pm

WHOCARES wrote:

Dingo took my baby.

what is the definition of a mass gathering of people?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Yetti » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:50 am

WHOCARES wrote:

Its the law

Thankyou.
I was totally ignorant of that law!!!
Crazy law and I would imagine a tough law to enforce in everyday living.
What happens when a caravan with a gas bottle goes into the car park at the Victor Harbor Shopping Centre? Or at the Strath caravan park adjacent the oval and netball courts.
What about a car on gas or duel fuel?
Are the Bunnings BBQ"s electric?
I could go on and on
Our Prime Minister has only just stated that we should not be intimidated by terrorism and to go about our normal lives.
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby The Yetti » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:10 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
WHOCARES wrote:

Dingo took my baby.

How about parachutes?

You mean parachutes with people hanging below, dropping in with the Melbourne Cup or the NRL Grand Final Cup, accompanied by several other parachutists with weapons and maybe an 85 year old with an oxygen bottle celebrating her birthday. And yes her teeth fell out and blinded a young female, of Islamic faith, aboriginal umpire who came from a family with 2 dads and no mums.
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby MatteeG » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:40 am

What if you took in a charcoal grill and got it fired up? If you got there at the start of the junior colts you'd be ready by Senior Colts... ;)
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:30 pm

WOOF WOOF
We at the TOP of the mountain would like to thank the GSFL for allowing us to be the PREMIER A grade side in 2016, to have the game played on last years premiers home ground was a master touch :prayer:
Well done Lads and to do them over DOGGIE STYLE with a come from behind victory was beautifully orchestrated by all concerned :O3
Hopefully the mother of the home teams ranga has been found after her early form in the cheap seats and then poof vanished L-)
See ya all in 2017 gotta go cause the DOGS ARE TALKING
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby WHOCARES » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:51 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:WOOF WOOF
We at the TOP of the mountain would like to thank the GSFL for allowing us to be the PREMIER A grade side in 2016, to have the game played on last years premiers home ground was a master touch :prayer:
Well done Lads and to do them over DOGGIE STYLE with a come from behind victory was beautifully orchestrated by all concerned :O3
Hopefully the mother of the home teams ranga has been found after her early form in the cheap seats and then poof vanished L-)

Congrats to the Dogs. Just as a matter of interest your not the first team in my 10 year history in this League to beat the "home team". Yank were beaten ion their home deck in their GF, Willunga were beaten by the Bays and im sure theres more.
Not sure your being all that fair about that mum your talkin about.. As you mentioned it was their home match and shes on the committee (and seriously getting a bit too personal for a forum like this I reccon).... so probably all the footy she could watch was till when ever as im sure she had stuff to do... She was behind the bar at one stage when I saw her... Maybe one day you may need to do some work at your club too... instead of being a top notch tool.....
WHOCARES
Mini-League

Postby WHOCARES » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:02 pm

WHOCARES wrote:

Congrats to the Dogs. Just as a matter of interest your not the first team in my 10 year history in this League to beat the "home team". WE were beaten on OUR home deck in the GF (Im from Yank), Willunga were beaten by the Bays and im sure theres more.
Not sure your being all that fair about that mum your talkin about.. As you mentioned it was their home match and shes on the committee (and seriously getting a bit too personal for a forum like this I reccon).... so probably all the footy she could watch was till when ever as im sure she had stuff to do... She was behind the bar at one stage when I saw her... Maybe one day you may need to do some work at your club too... instead of being a top notch tool.....

Oh by the way.. being from another local club and knowing the Bay Club well I believe they were very gracious in their loss on Saturday.. Unlike you Dogs last year.. I guess people have forgotten your carry on... Short Memories Id say...
WHOCARES
Mini-League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:58 pm

WHOCARES wrote:
WHOCARES wrote:

Congrats to the Dogs. Just as a matter of interest your not the first team in my 10 year history in this League to beat the "home team". WE were beaten on OUR home deck in the GF (Im from Yank), Willunga were beaten by the Bays and im sure theres more.

Oh by the way.. being from another local club and knowing the Bay Club well I believe they were very gracious in their loss on Saturday.. Unlike you Dogs last year.. I guess people have forgotten your carry on... Short Memories Id say...[/quote

Great song by the oils WC absolutely mate thoroughly enjoyed the day well done to all especially those behind the bar ;)

Oh by the way last year when a top notch thug king hits a player behind the play I think every player, supporter , parent, committee member and heaven forbid umpire or league official has a right to as you call it Carry on :roll:
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Animus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:07 pm

With the November signing window only a few weeks away has there been any player (or coach) movement rumors floating around yet?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby field of dreams » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:14 pm

Not a rumor but VHFC has a new coach - Clint Alleway.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy