Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Ramadash wrote:I'm hearing one of the best coaches in the league has been offered massive coin to quit his position at his current club and take over the position for them in another league! Considering the work he's put into dragging this club out of mediocrity and their committee is negating all his requests to see success in their reserves! With a few days to decide who would blame him if he did. if people around him don't want him to succeed he may as well go where he's wanted!
Would be disastrous for current club cod they play for him and I'd think lots would follow!!

McLaren, Willunga or Langhorne Creek?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Ramadash wrote:Kenneth McGregor!! Cleared from AFL Canberra???

He played for Ainslie in 2012

Correct, was based in Canberra for the season as a political correspondent. Also may have helped out coaching...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby BJ Ernest » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:22 pm

Ramadash wrote:I'm hearing one of the best coaches in the league has been offered massive coin to quit his position at his current club and take over the position for them in another league! Considering the work he's put into dragging this club out of mediocrity and their committee is negating all his requests to see success in their reserves! With a few days to decide who would blame him if he did. if people around him don't want him to succeed he may as well go where he's wanted!
Would be disastrous for current club cod they play for him and I'd think lots would follow!!

If you're hearing this, im sure the person telling wasn't as vague as this.
What club? Wheres he going?
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Ramadash » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:31 am

No BJ the source wasn't that vague it was from the poaching club!
But as we know this forum is for intelligent football lovers so saying that if you can't work out which club hasn't had any success and been mediocre for several years and looks like winning possibly 2 senior premierships this year it's not hard to work out!
I personally hope he stays otherwise this club would most likely fold!
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Smashed Crab » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:17 am

Ramadash wrote:No BJ the source wasn't that vague it was from the poaching club!
But as we know this forum is for intelligent football lovers so saying that if you can't work out which club hasn't had any success and been mediocre for several years and looks like winning possibly 2 senior premierships this year it's not hard to work out!

Have to be talking about Compass?? Seeing the 'folding' comment and the junior problem there atm.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Smashed Crab wrote:
Ramadash wrote:No BJ the source wasn't that vague it was from the poaching club!

Have to be talking about Compass?? Seeing the 'folding' comment and the junior problem there atm.

Wow Galbs , good luck
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby words of wisdom » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:54 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Smashed Crab wrote:

Wow Galbs , good luck

A favorite of yours Shoe Boy?
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Ramadash » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:08 pm

Good one WOW! That made me chuckle

Watch this space more to come!!!!!
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The eclipse fan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Ramadash wrote:Good one WOW! That made me chuckle

I wouldn't be surprised if there was
I was talking to a bloke at the assoc game who said he was a major sponsor who told me some things that were happening within that club that made my toes curl
No wonder there isn't juniors with the power struggle amongst the committee members
Money hard to come by as it is without it going missing within the club. This person was full of accusations
Who would be a committee member now days
I'll stick to be a supporter I think
Live Forever
The eclipse fan
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby words of wisdom » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:40 pm

The eclipse fan wrote:

I was talking to a bloke at the assoc game who said he was a major sponsor who told me some things that were happening within that club that made my toes curl
No wonder there isn't juniors with the power struggle amongst the committee members
Money hard to come by as it is without it going missing within the club. This person was full of accusations

That's a big 6th post eclipse or whoever you really are. Mighty big accusation/rumor that you've posted... If true, it would be disappointing to see them unravel because of one persons actions but there's enough good people at Compass to get it sorted out.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby The eclipse fan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:10 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
The eclipse fan wrote:

That's a big 6th post eclipse or whoever you really are. Mighty big accusation/rumor that you've posted... If true, it would be disappointing to see them unravel because of one persons actions but there's enough good people at Compass to get it sorted out.

My opoligies Words Of Wisdom and your 1495 posts should i call you Sir. good luck with your 1500 milestone
i only repeated this because the sponsor told me and he didnt know me from a bar of soap so if he was willing to tell me about his axe he's grinding cant be a big secret. it called be relevant at the momment
I think every club at some stage has people accuse others of wrong doing on their committee. I too hope they sort it out.
did Mclaren have the same problems a few years ago with a committee member accusing another of similar things, thats public knowledge.

whilst im here sir i will correct you on your denial of luke15 post in regards to pongys seniorcolts coach. he was 100% correct in saying parents/persons that should know better accusing the coach of throwing a game and their acusations being supported by the boys club and not pulled back into line. the coach had no choice but walk. personal reasons hahaha yeah he couldnt put up with the lack of boys club support thats personal.

get out and chat to the punters its amazing what people will tell another football loving punter.
Live Forever
The eclipse fan
Mini-League

Been liked: 8 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Pongy beat Yank in a scrappy afair at Pongy. "Slick" Kane BOG but no mates. Pongy kicked seven of the last 10 goals to win by just over a goal. Ty Allen OK, Tilt his usual game for Pongy. Good to catch up with mates again.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Close game at Victor in 1st half. Creeks hit the front early in the 3rd term but then faded to go down by 6 goals.
As has been their problem all year, Creeks just dont have the depth of quality to play 4 consistent quarters and get found out.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby lovethegame69 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Even comp this year
lovethegame69
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:06 pm

lovethegame69 wrote:Even comp this year

Even comp every year ! The best comp ;)
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:27 am

7 Rounds left any thoughts
Final 5( in order)
Mt Compass
Encounter Bay
Goolwa/ Pt Elliot
Victor Harbor
Strathalbyn

Leading Goalkicker
Z. Vitkunas

Premiers
MT COMPASS

Have a crack boys ;)
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby words of wisdom » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 pm

The eclipse fan wrote:
words of wisdom wrote:
The eclipse fan wrote:

Watch this space more to come!!!!

My opoligies Words Of Wisdom and your 1495 posts should i call you Sir. good luck with your 1500 milestone
i only repeated this because the sponsor told me and he didnt know me from a bar of soap so if he was willing to tell me about his axe he's grinding cant be a big secret. it called be relevant at the momment
I think every club at some stage has people accuse others of wrong doing on their committee. I too hope they sort it out.
did Mclaren have the same problems a few years ago with a committee member accusing another of similar things, thats public knowledge.

whilst im here sir i will correct you on your denial of luke15 post in regards to pongys seniorcolts coach. he was 100% correct in saying parents/persons that should know better accusing the coach of throwing a game and their acusations being supported by the boys club and not pulled back into line. the coach had no choice but walk. personal reasons hahaha yeah he couldnt put up with the lack of boys club support thats personal.

get out and chat to the punters its amazing what people will tell another football loving punter.

Haha - Sir, Gold!
If the former coach had so much of an issue with the club then why was he there on Saturday.... :roll: No one ever accused him of throwing the game - Luke15 said it was the presidents wife. I know for a fact that someone said he needs to get his best players out there if they are going to win, which is a fairly obvious statement. Hardly accusing him of throwing a game. Anyway everyone has moved on & more importantly the kids had a good win and are very happy.
Last edited by words of wisdom on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby words of wisdom » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:42 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:7 Rounds left any thoughts
Final 5( in order)
Mt Compass
Encounter Bay
Goolwa/ Pt Elliot
Victor Harbor
Strathalbyn

Leading Goalkicker
Z. Vitkunas

Premiers
MT COMPASS

Have a crack boys ;)

Mt Compass
Goolwa/ Pt Elliot
Encounter Bay
Victor Harbor
Myponga

Leading Goalkicker
J.Mutton

Premiers
Encounter Bay
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby words of wisdom » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:22 pm

Great win by the SD boys! Hunt, Ziggy, Hunter, Barnes & Ellis all named in the Country Championship team.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:29 am

All quiet on the GREAT southern front, well here we go

Round 12
Strath v Willunga....Extremely important game for both clubs as the winner will draw level with myponga .....Strath get the nod 12pts

Goolwa v Myponga...Goolwa @ home by 13 pts...ps I saw the gugster down at the local shop buying up all the brown paper bags for next years player payments ;)

Bays v Yank... Kenny to set up ALL the plays Bays by 39 pts....hmmm think if the crows had taken Pav instead of Kenny who would have stood Pav in the GSFL :shock:

Creek v Compass...Hoping for no frost bite! Open fire glass of the local drop and the dogs by 36 pts :partyman:

McLaren v Victor... Tipping an upset here McLaren to return the favor McLaren by 1 pt after the siren

Oh let the sunshine on us all !!! and most of all RIP Walshy =((
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy