Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby The Little Master » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Must be a coincidence that the weetra boys played this week but didn't play last week.
The Little Master
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby field of dreams » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:14 am

Must be a coincidence that the Weetra boys played this week and we won but didn't play last week and we lost. ;)
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Luke15 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:24 am

field of dreams wrote:Must be a coincidence that the Weetra boys played this week and we won but didn't play last week and we lost. ;)

Not the point field if dreams especially when it comes to changing a culture. Surely your wise self doesnt subscribe to players turning up when they want. When do you make a stand? A good win on the weekend against Willunga though. But how many coaches has that been in the last 5 years?
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby The Ferret » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:11 pm

Luke15 wrote:
field of dreams wrote:Must be a coincidence that the Weetra boys played this week and we won but didn't play last week and we lost. ;)

Not the point field if dreams especially when it comes to changing a culture. Surely your wise self doesnt subscribe to players turning up when they want. When do you make a stand? A good win on the weekend against Willunga though. But how many coaches has that been in the last 5 years?

im told one of the weetra boys forgot his gear and they went back to pick it up. consequently got there a little late. not quite sure it warranted them being kicked out of the side.

as for pre game preparation and culture etc. different things make different people tick. some blokes love warm ups, others hate them. some people eat before games, others dont etc etc. i would have thought it's what happens on the field that counts the most. had the boys rocked up late and not performed, maybe then it becomes a bigger issue. IMO the biggest role a coach can play is as a people manager. know what you need to do to get the most out of your players individually. not sure murdoch was really making much of an effort with quite a lot of the senior group.
The Ferret
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby field of dreams » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:12 pm

Luke15 wrote:Not the point field if dreams especially when it comes to changing a culture. Surely your wise self doesnt subscribe to players turning up when they want. When do you make a stand? A good win on the weekend against Willunga though. But how many coaches has that been in the last 5 years?

No of course I don't. I don't have a problem with the coach trying to instill discipline and team rules/values at all. I played under some successful coaches back in the day that put pretty high demands (for country footy) on the group. In fact I can remember the exact same problem happening back then....the player was castigated in front on the group and started on the bench. (by the way they were 7 mins late for a team meeting)
Why cut off your nose to spite your face?
Coaches - too many. Finding the right man is bloody hard. It seemed we were on a good thing with Murdoch, but some lost respect for him in recent weeks (ie not just over this issue). Still his position was hardly on the line - remember he chose to resign before the review meeting - pretty poor form IMO. Are we all above feedback?
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Old man river » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:47 pm

few big upsets on the weekend anyone game to pick the top 5 yet
Old man river
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Balaklava

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Old man river wrote:few big upsets on the weekend anyone game to pick the top 5 yet

What were the 'BIG' upsets?
Goolwa 4th beating the Creeks 3rd certainly not a Big upset nor is Bays 2nd beating Strath 1st.
Other 3 games were won by the favourites.

Top 4 will stay as is
1/ Strath
2/ Bays
3/ Creeks
4/ Goolwa

5th spot will be decided this weekend i believe. MASSIVE games for Willunga v Goolwa and for McLaren v Creeks
Willunga need to win this week or its curtains for them, playing Bays and Strath last 2 matches and cant seeing them winning those.
McLaren have winnable games against the Creeks and then Myponga b4 fronting Strath in last game. They need to make up 1 win on Willunga as they have superior %.
Compass playing the Top 3 teams to finish off makes it all but impossible seeing them make a late dash whilst Myponga if they were to pull off a miracle win against the Bays this week could be a slight chance still.

I'm Tipping Willunga to lose their last 3 matches and Mclaren to scrape in.

Strath and Bays tho are standouts to play in the GF

Creeks just dont have the depth of talent as in previous years to make it.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:00 pm

I would say us beating creek was a big upset. No one can remember the last we won out there. It is well over 10 years ago
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:01 pm

I would say us beating creek was a big upset. No one can remember the last we won out there. It was well over 10 years ago
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:40 am

LuvsFooty wrote:I would say us beating creek was a big upset. No one can remember the last we won out there. It was well over 10 years ago

4th beating 3rd generally isnt a big surprise.
Creeks aint the team of recent years.
On recent form it was probably line ball.
Creeks only just scraped in against 9th placed Victor at home a few weeks ago.
Very little between 3rd and 9th with player unavailibility probably dictating who starts favourites week to week.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:28 pm

LuvsFooty wrote:I would say us beating creek was a big upset. No one can remember the last we won out there. It was well over 10 years ago

nobodys falling for that one LF creek at creek doesn't really cause too many heart aches pongy won there not sure but did McLaren knock them off there as well with your side albeit well paid for including ya runner mega head who actually is coaching cant believe the umpires haven't picked up on it yet should do the job and who is the big gug on the sidelines who struts around like his sh1t doesn't stink but when it comes to decision making on game day he looks like the bloke at the dance without a date =))
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:51 pm

field of dreams wrote:
Luke15 wrote:Not the point field if dreams especially when it comes to changing a culture. Surely your wise self doesnt subscribe to players turning up when they want. When do you make a stand? A good win on the weekend against Willunga though. But how many coaches has that been in the last 5 years?

No of course I don't. I don't have a problem with the coach trying to instill discipline and team rules/values at all. I played under some successful coaches back in the day that put pretty high demands (for country footy) on the group. In fact I can remember the exact same problem happening back then....the player was castigated in front on the group and started on the bench. (by the way they were 7 mins late for a team meeting)
Coaches - too many. Finding the right man is bloody hard. It seemed we were on a good thing with Murdoch, but some lost respect for him in recent weeks (ie not just over this issue). Still his position was hardly on the line - remember he chose to resign before the review meeting - pretty poor form IMO. Are we all above feedback?

Now with victor implementing their 4th coach in 3 years or is it 5th in 4 years is any other clubs looking at a change in the top job, does anybody know how many years the coaches at the clubs have been there
Yank-1 year
Creek -1 Year
Strath-2 years
Bays -?
Compass-?
Myponga-?
McLaren-?
Willunga -100 years
Victor-2 weeks
Goolwa-10 weeks
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby LuvsFooty » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:48 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:

nobodys falling for that one LF creek at creek doesn't really cause too many heart aches pongy won there not sure but did McLaren knock them off there as well with your side albeit well paid for including ya runner mega head who actually is coaching cant believe the umpires haven't picked up on it yet should do the job and who is the big gug on the sidelines who struts around like his sh1t doesn't stink but when it comes to decision making on game day he looks like the bloke at the dance without a date =))

Regardless of other clubs results, I still think that if a club hasn't won at a certain oval for for than 10 years, I reckon that's an upset.

Haven't been called a gug before. Maybe you meant big rig? If that's the case then thank you. I don't do a lot of dancing, so I may look like I haven't got a date but she's probably out on the dance floor. This week I'll endeavor to block out all of Brett's comments and I will try a big move to impress you
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Postby dogsrbarkin » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:53 am

LuvsFooty wrote:
dogsrbarkin wrote:

Regardless of other clubs results, I still think that if a club hasn't won at a certain oval for for than 10 years, I reckon that's an upset.

Haven't been called a gug before. Maybe you meant big rig? If that's the case then thank you. I don't do a lot of dancing, so I may look like I haven't got a date but she's probably out on the dance floor. This week I'll endeavor to block out all of Brett's comments and I will try a big move to impress you

I WILL BE THERE for that upset and the only thing that you will get blocked out by bretty will be the sun ! look forward to be impressed hope I get my moneys worth big rig bahahaha $-)
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby dogsrbarkin » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:58 am

The Ferret wrote:
Luke15 wrote:

im told one of the weetra boys forgot his gear and they went back to pick it up. consequently got there a little late. not quite sure it warranted them being kicked out of the side.

as for pre game preparation and culture etc. different things make different people tick. some blokes love warm ups, others hate them. some people eat before games, others dont etc etc. i would have thought it's what happens on the field that counts the most. had the boys rocked up late and not performed, maybe then it becomes a bigger issue. IMO the biggest role a coach can play is as a people manager. know what you need to do to get the most out of your players individually. not sure murdoch was really making much of an effort with quite a lot of the senior group.

IS after 2pm too late for a A grade game if you are playing and haven't told anyone where you are ? What no mobile phone reception out there
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby Ramadash » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:37 am

That's a classic dogsrbarkin! I'm glad someone else noticed, that massive head in a fluro top actually only leaves the oval at half time and end of the game! All other times he runs within 10 yards of sidelines tells Luvsfooty what moves he's made and Luvsfooty shuffles the magnets!

But in Luvsfooty defense he does look the part on the sidelines! And as we know that's half the challenge looking the part!

So clubs will be looking next season for coaches with a fitness base to enable them to run out a game.
They say footy is evolving but I'm not sure I like the way this one is going.
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times

Postby jet-airport » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:43 am

dogsrbarkin wrote:
field of dreams wrote:

Now with victor implementing their 4th coach in 3 years or is it 5th in 4 years is any other clubs looking at a change in the top job, does anybody know how many years the coaches at the clubs have been there
Yank-1 year
Creek -1 Year
Strath-2 years
Bays -?
Compass-?
Myponga-?
McLaren-?
Willunga -100 years
Victor-2 weeks
Goolwa-10 weeks

Any truth to the as you put it....... "100 year reign" winding up at the end of the year??
the whispers are reaching the SFL.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby LuvsFooty » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:07 pm

Can't believe how obvious we are. Thought we dusguised Ebo as coach real well. What you didn't pick up on is the ear piece he wears. He's got Russell in the car instructing him. I'm sick of it. Who does this Ebert bloke think he his.
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Postby Animus » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Yank-1 year
Creek -1 Year
Strath-2 years
Bays -?
Compass-?
Myponga-?
McLaren- guessing 3rd year ?
Willunga -100 years (this is year 12 i believe)
Victor-2 weeks
Goolwa-10 weeks
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby PK12 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Looks like one of the mount compass boys are in some serious trouble. King hit one of the strath boys last night at glenelg and put him in hospital. Sounds like it was a hit from behind as well. Hopefully the club and police come down hard on the bloke.
PK12

Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy