Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby fathersonsfl » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Old man river wrote:Bazz off to the shoes next year I hear?

LOL....gee I was wondering who would be the first person to write this.

I think the Shoes are worrying about other things at the moment ie winning a flag.
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Snap Kick Ninja » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:57 pm

He can go from a club that doesn't spend any money on players :roll:

To a club that has some pretty deep pockets

Imagine how many flags he would win now
Snap Kick Ninja
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Snap Kick Ninja wrote:He can go from a club that doesn't spend any money on players :roll:

To a club that has some pretty deep pockets

Imagine how many flags he would win now

The homecoming might be a bit more difficult if they go on to win it this year
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Old man river » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:23 pm

This isn't something that has come up over the past few weeks.... There were talks going on before the season even started of bazz going to the shoes so it's nothing new from the shoes side
Old man river
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Balaklava

Postby Old man river » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Agreed though would be hard to sack Mitton if they win a flag
Old man river
Mini-League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Old man river wrote:Agreed though would be hard to sack Mitton if they win a flag

Maybe they would just wait a season like Brighton did
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby The Little Master » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:31 pm

Don't know Pilmore but from what I saw on Sunday I don't think he will coach next year. He looks spent
The Little Master
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Old man river wrote:Agreed though would be hard to sack Mitton if they win a flag

Why don't you just stick to the SFL forum LGIL. 20 years and counting since your mob made a GF and you guys looked after your Premiership personnel so well that half of them were gone within 2 years.

Trevor may wish to go out on a high and happily pass over the reins to Bazz.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Bull » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Did anyone see the game between Creeks and Bays? I have watched 3yrs of football in this league now and firmly believe it is the best football played outside the SANFL in this state. It's always been hard fought and fair. In those 3yrs I am yet to see a punch up or a filthy behind the play incident. I have seen some tough, physical football where players have left the field injured and bleeding but it's all been IMO fair tough football.

What disappointed me last weekend was the deliberated late attack on the player by most of the EB A Grade side . One incident in particular saw one of the young Creek lads being stretched off in a neck brace and ambulance called. Was almost a chopper ride to town for treatment but decided by the ambos late that he was ok to be taken by road.

This was a deliberate, knees first tackle by a very senior member of the EB side that has a reputation for acts such as this and more, and for gods sake should know better. This crap went on all day with the standard set by this bloke and he had many willing followers.

What then made it even more amazing was that when The LC ruckman came in to fly the flag and project the player, which he had to do all day, he was criticised for being a loose cannon and an idiot? What are you supposed to do when you young team mates are literally being beaten up?

Hey EB played the better football and deserved the win but my god what a standard was set by this bloke with that piss weak attempt of dominance over an opponent. I'm just glad the lad was discharged later that night after scans but with possibly weeks until he is able to feel 100%.

Not sour grapes or anything, as I said they were better on the day but was saddened by the way it was played.
Bull
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby The Little Master » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Saw it. Plain stupidity and bloody dangerous. Tough footy yep but that shit needs to get stamped out. Player in question is a sook when tackled or bumped but happy to snipe and abuse week in week out. No idea why it wasn't reported but creeks should take it further
The Little Master
Rookie

Postby mutton cove » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Bull.
This has been going on with this club all year .They have not been pulled up , with a blind eye being turned each week .Difficult when the example is being set from the top .The club might be top but its on the bottom for respect .
mutton cove
Rookie

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Old man river » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:00 pm

could not agree anymore mutton cove and yet when EB are on the receiving end off something of the ball witch they have been instigating all game it seems to be a different story its simple when goes around comes around..
Old man river
Mini-League

Postby Yank Man » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Or he might just stay, he loves the place. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Newkid » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:37 pm

They have done it all year and it's the piss weak umpires that don't do anything about it. What comes around goes around for sure but we don't need that sort of stuff going around in this league. A few of the supporters from the bay were saying on the day that the plan was to take out the creeks better players any ways possible...
Newkid
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby mutton cove » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:03 pm

New kid
I did not like what i saw and heard saturday not good for the league but the powers to be dont care its E.B.No point reporting it just gets thrown out .
mutton cove
Rookie

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby bulldogs » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:23 am

bull. let me see are you a former Pooraka fc player?
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:54 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:ATTENTION all posters took the family to compass v enc bay today one side fighting for a finals birth other one for top spot result a game of football totally ruined by the actions of a foul mouthed player calling other coaching box a bunch of C#?@s !! (Number 1) SCREAMING AND ENGAGING another player in a verbal barrage and I saw it with my own eyes my 8 year old son heard it as did the rest of the ground OMG then I find out its their COACH. Speaking to the locals they tell me that is the reigning premiership coach what a disgrace ....is there a code of conduct for coaches because if there is this idiot should be kicked out for good no excuse for this filth its only country league footy I remember these idiots when I went to school they were called foul mouthed BULLIES. Good luck to all others in the finals race I know who my family wants to see come last :evil:

Hmmmmm I guess I was over re-acting when I posted this...if the leader of a club acts like this then all the other dribbling freaks will follow !!!!

Oh and howdy GUG boy all the best for this weekend still waiting for that move!! hopefully you can read this one GUGSTER :butthead:
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:57 pm

The Little Master wrote:Saw it. Plain stupidity and bloody dangerous. Tough footy yep but that shit needs to get stamped out. Player in question is a sook when tackled or bumped but happy to snipe and abuse week in week out. No idea why it wasn't reported but creeks should take it further

Maybe a court appearance is in order
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby LuvsFooty » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:47 pm

Good to hear from you Dogsbarkin! I bet you've enjoyed a big finals campaign? I think you were over reacting because no one supported your post and nothing came of it. In this case, Bull's views seem to have a bit more substance. I will reserve judgement until the tribunal hearing tonight. Let me know how many games he gets
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:17 pm

mutton cove wrote:Bull.
This has been going on with this club all year .They have not been pulled up , with a blind eye being turned each week .Difficult when the example is being set from the top .The club might be top but its on the bottom for respect .

Ditto
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy