HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Postby SecretInformant » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:21 pm

cracka wrote:Shit. How many genuine C graders played for Blackwood tonight.

SecretInformant

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Hear the roar » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Not a good night for Milang at Blackwood. Final score 17-1 to 1-4 :-( The Panthers never stopped trying but were totally outclassed by a much bigger club. Plenty of support for the undercats who gave it their best shot in front of a huge crowd. Cheers to all for the support on this site also :-)

The condition of the ground was appalling on both sides of the fence with deep bog throughout the totally disorganised car park. It needs to be said than an Ambulance called for a spectator on the other side of the ground was forced to attempt to exit in reverse and became hopelessly bogged in deep mud. It required shovels and a dozen spectators to finally move it. Very fortunate indeed that a dying person wasn't inside as this would have been a life-threatening situation. No denying this I'm afraid. It happened right in front of us. Scheduling finals at places like this must never happen again.
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Stinga » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Had a look at the game... Milang were awful no other word for it. Tried to go the biff when well behind and that only made things worse.... And they have some very ordinary supporters as well. Long drive back to the lake tonight!
Stinga
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Kickittometoo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:00 pm

HTR and others, what happened midway in the 3rd qu that caused players to be in huddles and not playing? I was involved in the ambulance bog and seem to have missed something.
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby oldbomber » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:40 pm

SecretInformant wrote:
cracka wrote:Shit. How many genuine C graders played for Blackwood tonight.

Not sure about that...had a look on sports pulse and it would appear atleast 13 have played b grade at some stage this year. Surprisingly one blackwood player had racked up 14 games in the b grade yet was allowed to play in the c grade grand final with only 6 c grade games leading up to it.

Is there no limit to how many games you can play at a higher level? Would have thought 14 b grade games would scrub you out of c grade finals but guess not?
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Hear the roar » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Secret informant, your reply that 22 genuine C graders played for Blackwood on Friday night isn't true.

You are correct oldbomber in your assessment of the number of B graders who played. As I understand it, to be eligible to play in Cs finals a player only has to have played 3-4 games in that grade in the minor round to be allowed to play finals and can otherwise have played in any grade he likes all year. If that makes them genuine C graders I'm baffled,

Milang have gone out of their way all year to ensure all on our player list meet that criteria. We have no other grades to draw from, can't stack and are committed to giving all our lads a go. Many missed a jumper Friday night. So if Milang are "awful" Stinga you might like to consider the ridiculous gap between a huge city club like Blackwood on their muddy home ground and a bunch of lads more than willing to get there by 7pm after a 70km trip from work and home.

If the difference is only 16 goals, then I'm pretty proud of that.

Enough said.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Afterthesiren » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:43 am

You might want to read the Bylaws. If it is true one player has played 14 B grade games then he should have never played in the C grade GF. And if he got a permit then that's an absolutely disgraceful decision. I'd be following that one up. Seems like cheating to me.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Stinga » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:00 am

HTR the gap in ability between the two teams on Friday night was obvious from the get go. I'm not knocking you as a small club, nor the guys that travelled so far to represent your club. To be playing a large city club on their own deck is not your fault. My comment wa directed at the way SOME of your players went the player and not the ball. Also the way SOME of your supporters behaved when it was apparent you were going to be towelled up. At the end of the day, if you are happy with all of those aspects then that's all that matters!
Stinga
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby The Gimp » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:25 am

Afterthesiren wrote:You might want to read the Bylaws. If it is true one player has played 14 B grade games then he should have never played in the C grade GF. And if he got a permit then that's an absolutely disgraceful decision. I'd be following that one up. Seems like cheating to me.

Surely if the player wasn't picked in either Blackwoods A's or B's on that weekend, then he's entitled to play C's? Isn't that the whole idea?
And from looking at Sporting Pulse, none of their players have doubled up since the 1st Aug so I don't think there's been any "cheating"!

I think the fact Blackwood had the accuracy of 17.1 made the scoreline look much worse for Milang - but I'm sure that's pretty rare for C grade.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Legs Man » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:22 am

The Gimp wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:You might want to read the Bylaws. If it is true one player has played 14 B grade games then he should have never played in the C grade GF. And if he got a permit then that's an absolutely disgraceful decision. I'd be following that one up. Seems like cheating to me.

Surely if the player wasn't picked in either Blackwoods A's or B's on that weekend, then he's entitled to play C's? Isn't that the whole idea?
And from looking at Sporting Pulse, none of their players have doubled up since the 1st Aug so I don't think there's been any "cheating"!

I think the fact Blackwood had the accuracy of 17.1 made the scoreline look much worse for Milang - but I'm sure that's pretty rare for C grade.

That certainly is accurate for a Div 3 match - particularly a GF
Any chance Blackwood playing on their home ground was a factor in achieving this - being familiar with the ground and training there ?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Well done Blackwood. Bad luck Milang. Do feel extra sorry for the Panthers as I would love to see them win a premiership for a couple of reasons. None since 89 and also as a small club it might help ( HTR would have a better idea ) attract more players to the club.
Bottom line 1 or 2 extra players nor home ground wouldn't make such a difference in the scores. Yes I can see the point about players not in A or B's playing C's but not for finals. This has come up before and it's about time the league made some hard and fast rules in regards to qualifying for finals for this grade and make it very clear to all, as going by the differing comments on this board it doesn't seem clear. ( if they already have then please someone list them for the benefit not only me but everyone )
Also having such straight finals 1v4 and 2v3 knockout, winners into the G/F. If it was made clear at the start of the season the highest ranked teams get a home finals including the G/F but only after the league has checked the ground ( if the ground isn't suitable then go to a neutral ) or the G/F is to be played at a neutral ground, either way then all know the rules right from the start.
Perhaps the league could make a day of it ( ie Sunday ) and play another final as well. Thinking if they tighten up Div 2 no Sedan Cambrai and most teams having mini colts then a second gold div mini's for div 1 clubs was introduced then they could play their finals in conjunction with Div 3.
Lastly one out of left field could one of the lower ranked Div 2 B grade teams play in Div 3 but still have their home games played in the B grade slot while when the club played away their "B's"/Div 3 play on a fri/sun which would help out especially if they are doubling up players to field a team? Mean while Blackwood C's could step up to play Country B's and give them a bigger challenge. Civilised constructive comment most welcome.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:39 pm

SFL play C grade and Sunday 14/16's Finals all together at one ground over the 3 weeks
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:SFL play C grade and Sunday 14/16's Finals all together at one ground over the 3 weeks

Use to be the same in the CDFA/NMFL - 15s, 17s, C grade.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Hear the roar » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Congratulations to Jake Moisey from the Milang Panthers. 2015 Div 3 Medallist. Very well deserved!
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Any word on Sedan Cambrai if they are not in the Riverland Independent then will they be in Div 3?
Also any word on which other teams will be in Div 3 this season?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby wonder_kid » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:10 pm

Im certain sedan are in independent league
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby B-Train35 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:14 pm

wonder_kid wrote:Im certain sedan are in independent league

Yes they will be,RFL have a meeting monday night.
B-Train35
Mini-League

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:31 am

Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby 2old2slow » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:57 am

how many teams this year and when does the season begin?
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:37 pm

Can any one confirm no C grade comp from 2000 to 2006?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy