HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Hills C grade 2013

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Hear the roar wrote:
Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
Hear the roar wrote:C Grade scores today:-
Blackwood over Cally/Bridgy by around 37 goals. The hapless Eagles had only 11 players but were lent 4 by Blackwood to allow a game to happen with 15 players each. Not good to watch unfortunately.
Milang v Uraidla was a real cracker, with the Panthers winning by 2 goals.

Sounds a bit sad for the Eagles.
Is it a final 5?

No, it's a final four. Sudden death finals on the same day:- first v fourth, second v third. The winners play each other in the Grand Final the following week. I feel sorry for the Eagles and would love to see them play a final. Not sure if it can still be done as the ladder isn't available yet.

Won't it come down to the last game round 12 Mt Barker v Cally/Bridgy?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Hear the roar » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Hear the roar wrote:
Hear the roar wrote:C Grade scores today:-
Blackwood over Cally/Bridgy by around 37 goals. The hapless Eagles had only 11 players but were lent 4 by Blackwood to allow a game to happen with 15 players each. Not good to watch unfortunately.
Milang v Uraidla was a real cracker, with the Panthers winning by 2 goals.

Sounds a bit sad for the Eagles.
Is it a final 5?

No, it's a final four. Sudden death finals on the same day:- first v fourth, second v third. The winners play each other in the Grand Final the following week. I feel sorry for the Eagles and would love to see them play a final. Not sure if it can still be done as the ladder isn't available yet.

Won't it come down to the last game round 12 Mt Barker v Cally/Bridgy?

Just looked at the ladder on Sporting Pulse and it can be done. But according to the program the poor Eagles have to play Blackwood twice in a row which will knock their morale around a bit. And having 11 players yesterday doesn't augur well for finals. Milang will oblige by rolling Mt. Barker this week but the Eagles will need to draw on everything they have knowing the Roos will call on all their Mt. Torrens recruits to get them over the line. It would be great to see the Eagles get up and play a final, even in humble C Grade. (I still have issues bringing the Bridgy component into it, as I believe the Eagles were sold out).
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Kickittometoo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but WTF is Blackwood doing in this comp? As far as I can see there nothing more than a powerhouse abusing C grade for there own means and cramping genuine country clubs who are just trying to play country footy.
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:23 am

Kickittometoo wrote:Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but WTF is Blackwood doing in this comp? As far as I can see there nothing more than a powerhouse abusing C grade for there own means and cramping genuine country clubs who are just trying to play country footy.

How would Blackwood C's go against Country A grade teams?
For that matter how would Milang or Uraidla go against Country B grade teams?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby 2old2slow » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:22 am

blackwood would go pretty well against cambrai and maybe BIRDWOOD :oops:
2old2slow
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby the_grinch » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 am

2old2slow wrote:blackwood would go pretty well against cambrai and maybe BIRDWOOD :oops:

No, no they would not.
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times

Postby Hear the roar » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Kickittometoo wrote:Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but WTF is Blackwood doing in this comp? As far as I can see there nothing more than a powerhouse abusing C grade for there own means and cramping genuine country clubs who are just trying to play country footy.

Great discussion! I don't think Blackwood Cs would beat any Country As but would give the lower teams a run for their money. They certainly wouldn't get their arses kicked.
Blackwood C's would probably beat well over half of Country B sides. Milang and Uraidla would defeat the lower Country Bs on a good day.
I think the C comp as it stands is about where it should be minus Blackwood. This club needs to find other avenues to accomodate their spillover of city players and the League needs to address this issue also.
I believe having Blackwood in C Grade is a deterrent for clubs on the borderline of nominating. And I feel that clubs which have been brave enough to nominate should be excused for struggling with numbers when they know a thrashing awaits them.
The C grade comp was in doubt until the last minute this year. Take away Blackwood and it may be a different story next year.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Hear the roar wrote:

Great discussion! I don't think Blackwood Cs would beat any Country As but would give the lower teams a run for their money. They certainly wouldn't get their arses kicked.
Blackwood C's would probably beat well over half of Country B sides. Milang and Uraidla would defeat the lower Country Bs on a good day.
I think the C comp as it stands is about where it should be minus Blackwood. This club needs to find other avenues to accomodate their spillover of city players and the League needs to address this issue also.
I believe having Blackwood in C Grade is a deterrent for clubs on the borderline of nominating. And I feel that clubs which have been brave enough to nominate should be excused for struggling with numbers when they know a thrashing awaits them.
The C grade comp was in doubt until the last minute this year. Take away Blackwood and it may be a different story next year.

For next year then, will all the curent clubs nominate again? Also any one know of any extra clubs that may nominate?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:04 pm

just looked at the Hills site and they have changed the scores to Blackwood 8-2 50 to BRFC 0-0.
Have they deemed this a forfeit?
If so does this affect BRFC chances of playing in the finals?
Will BRFC field a team this week playing Blackwood again?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Hear the roar » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:just looked at the Hills site and they have changed the scores to Blackwood 8-2 50 to BRFC 0-0.

There was talk last Sunday of BRFC being deemed to have forfeited due to only 11 players. Apparently a fine may/will also apply. I think the other clubs playing on the day just wanted to keep footy happening and felt sorry BRFC were struggling for whatever reason.
Eagles/Bridgy are playing at Cally this week and really need to re-group, get their brains-trust working and find a full side somehow. We are all stuck with Blackwood and they can still finish above Mt. B with a Herculian effort, providing Milang roll the Roos.
In answer to the question about the future of C Grade next year; I think it depends entirely on a few energetic people to co-ordinate it. There seems to be plenty of willing players around. A good example is Mt. Lofty winning the Premiership last year but failing to front this year because Team Managers, Trainers and other support staff weren't available.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Gervais » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Hear the roar wrote:
Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:just looked at the Hills site and they have changed the scores to Blackwood 8-2 50 to BRFC 0-0.

There was talk last Sunday of BRFC being deemed to have forfeited due to only 11 players. Apparently a fine may/will also apply. I think the other clubs playing on the day just wanted to keep footy happening and felt sorry BRFC were struggling for whatever reason.
Eagles/Bridgy are playing at Cally this week and really need to re-group, get their brains-trust working and find a full side somehow. We are all stuck with Blackwood and they can still finish above Mt. B with a Herculian effort, providing Milang roll the Roos.
In answer to the question about the future of C Grade next year; I think it depends entirely on a few energetic people to co-ordinate it. There seems to be plenty of willing players around. A good example is Mt. Lofty winning the Premiership last year but failing to front this year because Team Managers, Trainers and other support staff weren't available.

why would they cop a fine for a forfeit?

gee, there's a great way to encourage clubs to put in a c grade team. just fine them if they cant get the required number of players on the day.
Gervais
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Hear the roar » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Because a club has to forfeit before the day, not on the day. Not sure of the time frame required.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Hear the roar » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Hear the roar wrote:Because a club has to forfeit before the day, not on the day. Not sure of the time frame required.

PS Forfeiture on the day has all sorts of implications. Clubs buy in food they can't sell, umpires arrive and must be paid etc.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Droversdog » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:11 pm

This is an excellent discussion, great reading. My kids used to play for Cally when young. I am wondering how many players from the old Eagles are playing C Grade now? Was the merger worth it.
Droversdog
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby MakeMyDay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:44 am

Pointless pasting the dribble on this. Well...........Callington does it it again!! Fines...Causing mayhem for club coffers......hapless...... have to forfeit by Thursday evening 9.30pm(forgot that one didnt you even as a past administrator) Blackwoodwood and clubs still wanted a game of footy....bloody callington. Your a goose :roll: Coaches spoke about the game and all concerned wanted to play on Saturday. Yes it was a forfeit, 11 players & Blackwood in good spirit changed players around so all would still have a game. Totally different scenerio from when the club were last at Milang playing you! Not following the fair play rule! But wait......you havn't mentioned the poor Blackwood lad that broke his leg in this game which we all hope he comes throught it as best possible. 9 months out apparently after speaking with the coach this week.

No money for Milang Boo hoo. Our club put money on your bar for the guys to have a drink and support your club. You played at Callington and went to the pub. :oops:
As for early forfeiture?....really....C grade may be the life blood of Milang but thats it. Mt Barker/Torrens Valley, Uraidla scratch around each week to give blokes a go, Blackwood and you lot. Oh and us if we don't forfeit each week.

Join the board HTR. Become the C Grade co-ordinator." You are the one" Fess up and stake your claim to the mantle for all to benifit from your wisdom. :lol:
MakeMyDay

Postby cracka » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:04 pm

MakeMyDay wrote:Pointless pasting the dribble on this. Well...........Callington does it it again!! Fines...Causing mayhem for club coffers......hapless...... have to forfeit by Thursday evening 9.30pm(forgot that one didnt you even as a past administrator) Blackwoodwood and clubs still wanted a game of footy....bloody callington. Your a goose :roll: Coaches spoke about the game and all concerned wanted to play on Saturday. Yes it was a forfeit, 11 players & Blackwood in good spirit changed players around so all would still have a game. Totally different scenerio from when the club were last at Milang playing you! Not following the fair play rule! But wait......you havn't mentioned the poor Blackwood lad that broke his leg in this game which we all hope he comes throught it as best possible. 9 months out apparently after speaking with the coach this week.

No money for Milang Boo hoo. Our club put money on your bar for the guys to have a drink and support your club. You played at Callington and went to the pub. :oops:
As for early forfeiture?....really....C grade may be the life blood of Milang but thats it. Mt Barker/Torrens Valley, Uraidla scratch around each week to give blokes a go, Blackwood and you lot. Oh and us if we don't forfeit each week.

Join the board HTR. Become the C Grade co-ordinator." You are the one" Fess up and stake your claim to the mantle for all to benifit from your wisdom. :lol:

WTF? Looking at the time this was posted it looks like you've had a few.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Kickittometoo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:06 pm

cracka wrote:
MakeMyDay wrote:Pointless pasting the dribble on this. Well...........Callington does it it again!! Fines...Causing mayhem for club coffers......hapless...... have to forfeit by Thursday evening 9.30pm(forgot that one didnt you even as a past administrator) Blackwoodwood and clubs still wanted a game of footy....bloody callington. Your a goose :roll: Coaches spoke about the game and all concerned wanted to play on Saturday. Yes it was a forfeit, 11 players & Blackwood in good spirit changed players around so all would still have a game. Totally different scenerio from when the club were last at Milang playing you! Not following the fair play rule! But wait......you havn't mentioned the poor Blackwood lad that broke his leg in this game which we all hope he comes throught it as best possible. 9 months out apparently after speaking with the coach this week.

Well said Cracka, what a nasty drunken post MMD, you need to read back and you would realise HTR and everyone else on this thread just wants to keep Cs alive, Callington included. Take your paranoid crap somewhere else.
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:14 am

Kickittometoo wrote:
cracka wrote:

Well said Cracka, what a nasty drunken post MMD, you need to read back and you would realise HTR and everyone else on this thread just wants to keep Cs alive, Callington included. Take your paranoid crap somewhere else.

Cheers Cracka and KTT. I've hesitated for a long time about replying to this post, but here goes. I don't know you MMD and don't want to. If you read back over my posts on this forum when sober, you may notice they totally support BRFC in their first year of C's. There is an inaccuracy in every line of your rant. We offered to lend you three players when we last met and you refused, preferring both sides to play with 15. And no-one has to "fess up" on this site; it's an anonymous forum and you can always PM me and spare readers your vitriole.
Good luck to you anyway and hopefully our boys will roll Mt. Barker and keep your finals chances alive.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Hear the roar wrote:
Kickittometoo wrote:
cracka wrote:

Cheers Cracka and KTT. I've hesitated for a long time about replying to this post, but here goes. I don't know you MMD and don't want to. If you read back over my posts on this forum when sober, you may notice they totally support BRFC in their first year of C's. There is an inaccuracy in every line of your rant. We offered to lend you three players when we last met and you refused, preferring both sides to play with 15. And no-one has to "fess up" on this site; it's an anonymous forum and you can always PM me and spare readers your vitriole.
Good luck to you anyway and hopefully our boys will roll Mt. Barker and keep your finals chances alive.

Well spoken HTR, the most supportive poster over the years on this forum in keeping interest in the C grade alive and by the sounds of it playing his part in keeping Milang afloat, so doesn't deserve rants like that. I think its great to see a comp like the C's exist to help as many players, teams and clubs have a game and keep them involved in the sport. Once a club folds its very very hard to see them reform. So credit to Milang for doing so and hopefully for some form of the Callington Club to do so also.
Before any one starts no I don't know any of the posters on here nor now days part of any club. Alas mine have joined the Hills Cemetery League.
Names like Ashton, Lenswood Rangers, Eastern Rangers, Uraidla now all Uraidla Districts
Littlehampton
Palmer
Williamstown now called Barossa Districts but playing else where
Heathfield Aldgate, Stirling now Mt Lofty
Langhorne Creek playing else where since 77
Mt Torrens, Pleasant Valley now Torrens Valley
Bremer now Narine Bremer
Mylor
Woodside Army
Callington/United Eagles? hope they do survive in some form

Clubs that have all been involved in the Hills comp but no longer under their own steam or moved on. Thus why a club like Milang have from a distance have my respect for reforming and hopefully we see clubs that have had C's in previous years do so again in the future.
Last edited by Ye Olde Place Kick on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:55 pm

Thanks Ye Olde Place Kick for your support and wealth of information. Good reading for me as I'd never heard of a couple of the clubs you mentioned.
C Grade scores today:-
Milang over Mt. Barker by 10 goals. The Panthers played four consistent quarters, did everything requested and finished well. We're looking forward to the bye this week.
Blackwood over Beagles (spectators' term) by around 7 goals. BRFC were VASTLY improved, contested well and with the same side will roll Mt. Barker next week for a spot in the finals.
Both games played in good spirits, the sun shone, the oval was excellent and the chips and gravy in the canteen were first class.
C Grade is alive and well worth a visit. :D
Hear the roar
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy