HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Hills C grade 2013

Postby kickittome » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:58 am

Good luck for the big game today "hear the roar" playing for the love of the guernsey! Sounds like you boys are massive underdogs but as we all know anything can happen in the big one. Would be great for the small town of Milang to taste some success again. Don't think Milang has had any premierships since in the c grade cricket 2002/2003 season :lol: bring home the flag boys.
kickittome
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Any one know the Grand Final scores from today's game?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Blackwood by 5 goals over Milang in today's Grand Final. 11.2 to 5.7 I think. The Panthers fought very hard all day as evidenced by the scoring shots, but were beaten in the end by a much bigger club with much greater depth. :(

A very good crowd with plenty of support for both teams and the game was played in great spirit.

The support and encouragement from posters on this site has been fantastic and inspirational, demonstrating clearly that there is a real future for C Grade in the HFL. The knowledge and history posted here surely shows there are potential small communities all through the hills who could link to field C Grade sides.

Our group of local lads from a small country town fell just 5-6 goals short of a city club which has several grades from which to select their best side (as they did). Let's keep this topic alive, particularly you knowledgeable older fellas who could make a hobby spending a few hours each week mustering a few local lads for a kick. :)
Last edited by Hear the roar on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Old Blue New Tiger » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Congrats HTR to the Milang FC for making the GF and keeping local footy alive. I remember the days playing against you blokes on many occasions both at Kersbrook and also at your great venue PANTHER park . Enjoy MAD Monday and good luck for the future.
Old Blue New Tiger
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kersbrook

Postby The Panther » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Went up to Cally for a look today. Fantastic crowd . The whole of Milang must have been in the forward pocket with the blue and white ballons and Blackwood were always going to have a decent crowd , being the largest hills club.

Milang put up a great effort in the first qtr into what must have been a 3-4 goal breeze to lead by 7 pts ( i think ) .

Blackwood then responded early in the second also against the breeze and went to the half about 20 points up.

The third qtr proved to be the premiership qtr with Blackwood kicking out to a 6 goal lead at the final break.

Milang started the final qtr with the wind and kicked 2 quick ones to bring the panther faithful to voice. But Blackwood were too strong and responded to run out a strong win.

Milang can hold their heads high as Blackwood had a few guys who have played central div A-Grade in the recent past and quite a few past under 17 central div lads who now need to push for higher selection at Blackwood.

Good day - worth the drive up the freeway.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Droversdog » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:04 pm

I wandered along to the game today as my sons mate was playing for Blackwood. Is it true that alot of Blackwood c graders who played all year didnt get a game because their spots were taken by those above them? Other than this, it was a huge game and I thought the Panthers were the better side on the day, believe it or not.
Droversdog
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby MakeMyDay » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Good day at Callington today. Blackwood guys missing out to higher ranked players? Well, this is "C" grade where minimal rules apply really. As to who can play? anybody. If Mt Barker can forfeit a semi final, fine or not that is a very dissappointing aspect of where this division is.

On a brighter note good on Milang for toughing it out today but was always going to be an ask against Blackwood. Blackwwood get a pasting for being in the hills league but are the "C" club who always stay back and mingle with a frothe following the game.

Congrat's. You deserve the flag.
MakeMyDay

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Kickittometoo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Commiserations to Milang. I thought your boys were really competitive all day and the last quarter fight-back very impressive but the time-clock was against you. We also spotted some Central A's but as you would know this can happen in C's unless the criteria changes next year. Full credit to your lads, you have been the measuring-stick for C's all year as I see it. How did your injured player go? Probably no need to ask if you will be around next year.
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Sounds a bit disappointing if repeat if a team did stack their side. I wasn't there only going on comments already posted.
Don't know the qualification rules but some suggestions
a - player must of played more c grade than any higher grade
b - or a player must of played his last 3 games in c grade
c - if in the event a club still can't field a full team then they may apply for permits for any marginal player eg a player who has played only a couple more games in a higher grade than his total in c grade.

Well done Blackwood bad luck Milang
Hope to see the c grade around next season, the more teams the more people playing
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks to Panther for the write up :)
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Hear the roar » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Kickittometoo wrote:Commiserations to Milang. I thought your boys were really competitive all day and the last quarter fight-back very impressive but the time-clock was against you. We also spotted some Central A's but as you would know this can happen in C's unless the criteria changes next year. Full credit to your lads, you have been the measuring-stick for C's all year as I see it. How did your injured player go? Probably no need to ask if you will be around next year.

Cheers for all the GF support on this site. We were beaten by a better side on the day. As far as we were concerned, we had 18 opponents on the ground, no matter their history. They were qualified to play and that was good enough for us.

Our trainers asked for and appreciated the help of Blackwood's professional physio with our totally immobile injured player. He will be okay. Their coach and captain spoke to us in the rooms after the game and were well received in true spirit.

Our only complaints on the day were long grass and no hot water in the showers. We headed straight for our own rooms at Milang for a wash rather than stay for a frothe as we did last time we played at Cally.

Needless to say, we will definitely be around next year Bring on season 2014!
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:47 am

After all the AGM's and other meetings with the Echunga/Mt Lofty story, any news on the future of the C grade in the hills for 2014.
Would assume Milang and Blackwood would be starters, any one know of any other teams or is it too early yet?

Also any mods reading this can you change the thread title to simply Hills C Grade and drop the 2013, thus all future C grade can stay in the one thread thanks.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Gervais » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:50 am

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:After all the AGM's and other meetings with the Echunga/Mt Lofty story, any news on the future of the C grade in the hills for 2014.
Would assume Milang and Blackwood would be starters, any one know of any other teams or is it too early yet?

Also any mods reading this can you change the thread title to simply Hills C Grade and drop the 2013, thus all future C grade can stay in the one thread thanks.

i understand that 2 of the 5 clubs that entered a c grade team in 2013 are unlikely to do so again in 2014. it's unsustainable to run a 3 team competition, so hopefully a few other clubs will step up and nominate a c grade in 2014..
Gervais
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:12 am

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:After all the AGM's and other meetings with the Echunga/Mt Lofty story, any news on the future of the C grade in the hills for 2014.

a little birdy told me they may move there c's to the amateurs...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Hear the roar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Plenty of players wanting a game at Milang. Guess we will have to wait and see when, if, how and where. There must surely be a place for a grassroots footy club like us.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Champ » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:14 pm

I believe Sedan are playing B's along with:

Milang
Bridgey
Blackwood
Uraidla

5 teams and stays on Sunday format.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby cracka » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Champ wrote:I believe Sedan are playing B's along with:

Milang
Bridgey
Blackwood
Uraidla

So they're not in HFL Country anymore? Probably a good decision (what Callington should have done a few years ago) I wonder what happens with their juniors, I thought they were going to field 1 or 2 teams this year. Spose there will be spots in country div that need filling anyway so it could work out.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 pm

I should have posted this sooner, but at the AGM having a C grade was spoken about so its on the HFL's radar. Would be fantastic to keep this comp going.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby the_grinch » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:02 pm

cracka wrote:
Champ wrote:I believe Sedan are playing B's along with:

Milang
Bridgey
Blackwood
Uraidla

So they're not in HFL Country anymore? Probably a good decision (what Callington should have done a few years ago) I wonder what happens with their juniors, I thought they were going to field 1 or 2 teams this year. Spose there will be spots in country div that need filling anyway so it could work out.

Milang to Sedan would be a fun road trip!
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: HFL C Grade discussion

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Thanks for the name change.

Earlier poster said Sedan to play B grade so does that mean their A's play Country B and their B's play C grade?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy