APPS Country Football

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

APPS Country Football

Postby Caramels » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Just heard a whisper that the CFL has or is about to implement, a reduction in the available points for clubs back from 15 to 10.

There are some conditions that prevail with this that can be used for special circumstances but my info is this will be the catalyst for a big walkout by several Leagues from under the banner of Community Football.

Stay tuned for more info!
Caramels
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: APPS Country Football

Postby countryfootyfan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Caramels wrote:Just heard a whisper that the CFL has or is about to implement, a reduction in the available points for clubs back from 15 to 10.

There are some conditions that prevail with this that can be used for special circumstances but my info is this will be the catalyst for a big walkout by several Leagues from under the banner of Community Football.

Your mail is correct caramels - YPFL have been told that it is only 10 points next year, and only allowed 2 under 18's as minus 1 pointers - you can play as many as you like but the maximum points deducted will be two only. I hadn't heard that the YPFL are walking away from the CFB but it wouldn't surprise me if some leagues did.

Surely having less points wil drive prices of players up?? your club is going to want the best possible players for your allocated points, and will have to pay more to get them??
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Caramels » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:36 pm

countryfootyfan wrote:
Caramels wrote:Just heard a whisper that the CFL has or is about to implement, a reduction in the available points for clubs back from 15 to 10.

Your mail is correct caramels - YPFL have been told that it is only 10 points next year, and only allowed 2 under 18's as minus 1 pointers - you can play as many as you like but the maximum points deducted will be two only. I hadn't heard that the YPFL are walking away from the CFB but it wouldn't surprise me if some leagues did.

Surely having less points wil drive prices of players up?? your club is going to want the best possible players for your allocated points, and will have to pay more to get them??

Not sure I said the YPFL were walking away, but there are several leagues who are completely p*ssed off with what the CFL doesn't do for them yet they impose restrictions that make things almost unworkable.
If I was a betting man, I would say the HFL, BL&GFA, GSFL & SFL would be running to be first in line to walk the plank! Might be wrong with BL&G as Nobby is a gee for it but the others, the drums are beating!
Caramels
Under 16s

Postby Sky Pilot » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Perhaps it's time for the presidents and secretaries of all those country leagues to meet up for a corporate golf day where the APPS sham could be discussed
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby OnSong » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:10 pm

This is going to make things interesting at the very least.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Can anyone confirm for me either way:

If a player has played mostly B grade the previous season, he is 0 points?

Or are they not allowed to have played A grade at all to be 0 points?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:55 pm

They are points if for the majority of previous season they played A Grade.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:55 pm

The former
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby OnSong » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:They are points if for the majority of previous season they played A Grade.

So, if I recruited you MC, for example, and you had played eight A grade and nine reserves matches, 0 points?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:46 pm

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:They are points if for the majority of previous season they played A Grade.

So, if I recruited you MC, for example, and you had played eight A grade and nine reserves matches, 0 points?

Yep, If I had played 8 A Grade and 8 Reserves I'm still 0 points because I havn't played the majority A grade games.
However, Im not sure you could stretch the budget far enough. But you can try! :D
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Yep, If I had played 8 A Grade and 8 Reserves I'm still 0 points because I havn't played the majority A grade games.
However, Im not sure you could stretch the budget far enough. But you can try! :D

No that would be 3 points. In the case that the same amount of games is played in each grade, the higher grade counts.

The other stupid part is if you play 10 games in reserves and 9 games in A-Grade, you are Zero points, but 1 games in A-Grade and 1 game in reserves would be 3 points.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:15 am

I'm hearing that 2014 could/will be the last year of this interference in country football by Adelaide-based peeps who have no practical understanding of how the club system works in rural regions.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:I'm hearing that 2014 could/will be the last year of this interference in country football by Adelaide-based peeps who have no practical understanding of how the club system works in rural regions.

That is the most accurate summary of the debacle that has been created.
Why will it take until after this season to have it abolished SP?
Im sure it could be abolished tomorrow if we really wanted it to be.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:I'm hearing that 2014 could/will be the last year of this interference in country football by Adelaide-based peeps who have no practical understanding of how the club system works in rural regions.

They are protecting all our clubs from ourselves, in their eyes we are reckless spenders who cannot understand business
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:13 pm

This from the SAAFL today:
Approved Player Points System
The South Australian Community Football League recently conducted an extensive review of the current permutations of the APPS. A vote at the recent SACFL AGM saw a motion for all recommendations defeated. That being the case, the Rules and Regulation regarding the APPS for 2014 will remain consistent with season 2013. Any recommendations to the SACFL will be considered for season 2015 though must be lodged via the SAAFL prior to the 30th of April 2014.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:This from the SAAFL today:
The South Australian Community Football League recently conducted an extensive review of the current permutations of the APPS. A vote at the recent SACFL AGM saw a motion for all recommendations defeated. That being the case, the Rules and Regulation regarding the APPS for 2014 will remain consistent with season 2013. Any recommendations to the SACFL will be considered for season 2015 though must be lodged via the SAAFL prior to the 30th of April 2014.

Isn't the AGM in March?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:00 pm

OnSong wrote:

Isn't the AGM in March?

Maybe it was just a normal meeting?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Isn't the AGM in March?

Can confirm the 2013 system will apply for 2014.
OnSong
Coach

Postby stevecgull » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Interesting?does this mean all leagues still will have 15 points have heard Yorkes already back to 10
stevecgull

Postby footys the winner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:22 pm

OnSong wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Isn't the AGM in March?

Can confirm the 2013 system will apply for 2014.

Meaning?
SAAFL Div 1,2,3 Reserve players will still be 0 points?
Is that the main "rule" or?
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy