Weirdest thing you have seen on a football field

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on a football field

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:51 pm

A suburban football club in Melbourne is being investigated for allegedly making players run laps naked at training.

The East Burwood Rams compete in the second division of the Eastern Football League.
Fairfax media says concerned parents of the players, who were as young as 17, prompted an official complaint.
The incident reportedly occurred during a recent Thursday night training session, as punishment for poor performance in a practice match.
''An [league] investigation is under way to assess its validity or otherwise,'' Eastern Football League chief executive Phil Murton told The Age.
''Once the investigation into the incident is completed, the details will be assessed and any penalties or sanctions will be delivered based on the findings and in accordance with [league] procedures and rules,'' he said.
The club, which is on the bottom of the ladder, is refusing to comment

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8854325
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Booney wrote:A suburban football club in Melbourne is being investigated for allegedly making players run laps naked at training.

The East Burwood Rams compete in the second division of the Eastern Football League.
Fairfax media says concerned parents of the players, who were as young as 17, prompted an official complaint.
The incident reportedly occurred during a recent Thursday night training session, as punishment for poor performance in a practice match.
''An [league] investigation is under way to assess its validity or otherwise,'' Eastern Football League chief executive Phil Murton told The Age.
''Once the investigation into the incident is completed, the details will be assessed and any penalties or sanctions will be delivered based on the findings and in accordance with [league] procedures and rules,'' he said.
The club, which is on the bottom of the ladder, is refusing to comment

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8854325

:shock:

That has gone past the club in Melbourne that booked strippers for after match entertainment in the changerooms at league headquarters.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:56 pm

No wonder so many blokes are showering in their underwear these days.
FFS, an investigation?

There's nothing wrong with nudity.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:No wonder so many blokes are showering in their underwear these days.
FFS, an investigation?

There's nothing wrong with nudity.

Grown men making 17 year old boys run around naked is ****** up
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm not necessarily referring to this incident, just the sensationalisation of nudity these days.
Funny, the more permissive our society becomes, the more prudish it gets at the same time.

Surely, if there's an issue, the league could ring up and say, "pull your head in, it's not a good look". But no, an investigation must ensue.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Benchwarmer » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:37 pm

Back in the 1990s at a game in suburban Melbourne, two dogs got onto the ground just inside the field of play and went for it hammer and tongs on the half forward flank about 40 metres off the ball. While they were pre-occupied, the ball was kicked in their general direction and to their credit the dogs ignored the footy, kept to the task at hand and completed the job.
Benchwarmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby whufc » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:58 am

Happened in an amateur soccer game a few years ago, not sure if it was weird, gross what.

Close game between two northern suburbs team when a friend scores a 80 them minute cracker to put the team in front. Renowned my massive celebrations he came running to the fans brushing his teammates away who were trying to celebrate with him. Thinking he had some pre rehearsed dance/celebration ready to go. Instead he started screaming at everyone to get him toilet paper.

Eventually he was able to get out that he had shit himself and our team had already made their 3 subs. If he we went off we would have had to play the last ten minutes a man down.

A bloke runs off grabs him toilet paper and hands it to the player, he wipes his arse places the toilet paper down his sock and continues playing.

The other team scored a last minute equaliser to draw the game so his effort was all in vein.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:27 pm

Wasn't actually on the ground but was in the coaches box during a game.

I was chairman of Smithfield Sports & Social Club and we were playing Golden Grove at home when one of the coaching staff from GG came over to me to report a woman masturbating in their coaches box.

Sure enough, I go over there and she was into it and wouldn't move on so I had to ring the police.

Me "Hello, there's a woman here......................."
Policewoman on the phone "Can you explain what she looks like?"
Me "Well obviously not very good otherwise I wouldn't be ringing"

They got there within about 10 minutes and took her away, she had a large German Shepherd with her that made it a bit more awkward.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Wasn't actually on the ground but was in the coaches box during a game.

I was chairman of Smithfield Sports & Social Club and we were playing Golden Grove at home when one of the coaching staff from GG came over to me to report a woman masturbating ion their coaches box.

Sure enough, I go over there and she was into it and wouldn't move on so I had to ring the police.

They got there within about 10 minutes and took her away, she had a large German Shepherd with her that made it a bit more awkward.

What is it with you and masturbating stories? :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:40 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Wasn't actually on the ground but was in the coaches box during a game.

I was chairman of Smithfield Sports & Social Club and we were playing Golden Grove at home when one of the coaching staff from GG came over to me to report a woman masturbating in their coaches box.

What is it with you and masturbating stories? :lol:

Sorry, shoud've said "flicking the bean".

It was someone on here from GG that actually reminded me of the day.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:12 pm

Quinton Graham
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Bandit » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Saw a guy get a yellow card for dropping his dacks on the mark.

Saw a guy nfl spike the ball into an opponents face who was on the ground, thought it was rare but saw it again 5 years later (same team different person). I think both were after HTB decisions were not paid against the recipient of the ball to face.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:37 pm

Junior game today saw a kid get into the front and centre position super early, only for the ball to smack him right on the back of his head, the 2 players wrestling for position to mark didn't know what to do as they could see what was going to happen
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy