2014 SA Country Championship

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

2014 SA Country Championship

Postby carmelo anthony » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:38 am

Link to up to date scores and results in Country Footy Championships in Kadina

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info ... 0-312399-0
User avatar
carmelo anthony
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:29 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Marble Range

Re: 2014 SA Country Championship

Postby PPLions » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Final results and team of the Year:
http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2554/

Liam O'Neill and Ben McIntyre joint players of the championships.

I wonder whether there is an opportunity for a stand alone all-indigenous team to compete in the championships.
User avatar
PPLions
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:14 pm
Location: Bring Back Squids
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Re: 2014 SA Country Championship

Postby GWW » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Interesting that someone can be equal Player of the Carnival, but on the Interchange in the selected Team of the Championships.
User avatar
GWW
Moderator
 
Posts: 15657
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:50 pm
Location: Eastern suburbs of Adelaide
Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 163 times

Re: 2014 SA Country Championship

Postby mots02 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:17 pm

GWW wrote:Interesting that someone can be equal Player of the Carnival, but on the Interchange in the selected Team of the Championships.


Umpires pick player of the Championship... maybe TOC selectors saw the votes and added O'Neill to the bench when they saw that he'd got the umpires votes? or maybe he was always selected on the bench? we will never know ;)
User avatar
mots02
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 274 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: 2014 SA Country Championship

Postby GWW » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Yes, I assumed they were picked by 2 different groups of selectors; neverthless, it does seem a bit odd.
User avatar
GWW
Moderator
 
Posts: 15657
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:50 pm
Location: Eastern suburbs of Adelaide
Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 163 times

Re: 2014 SA Country Championship

Postby On The Chest » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:17 am

PPLions wrote:Final results and team of the Year:
http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2554/

Liam O'Neill and Ben McIntyre joint players of the championships.

I wonder whether there is an opportunity for a stand alone all-indigenous team to compete in the championships.


Probably not as it is a zone carnival.
On The Chest
Under 16s
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:18 am
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: 2014 SA Country Championship

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:31 pm

On The Chest wrote:
PPLions wrote:Final results and team of the Year:
http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2554/

Liam O'Neill and Ben McIntyre joint players of the championships.

I wonder whether there is an opportunity for a stand alone all-indigenous team to compete in the championships.


Probably not as it is a zone carnival.


Might be worth considering, along with a SAAFL team and rename it the Community Championships. There are already two suburban leagues involved, why not the other one?
User avatar
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 267 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach


Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests