Price of a Coach 2019

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Price of a Coach 2019

Postby magpiemaster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi, I’m working with a local footy club. We have been lucky enough to have the same coach for the last 10 years. Many things have changed the landscape over that time. We are trying to gain an understanding of how much we need to be prepared to spend to get a coach. We have had many applicants to the position and they all expect remuneration. Is there a base figure you would suggest for a decent league in the country? What prices have you heard others on?

Any help greatly appreciated.
magpiemaster
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:29 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Price of a Coach 2019

Postby jake the snake » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:33 pm

Local or non local?

Playing or non playing!?

I’d think most country coaches would be on 8-10k
jake the snake
Rookie
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:24 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Price of a Coach 2019

Postby SecretInformant » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:03 am

magpiemaster wrote:Hi, I’m working with a local footy club. We have been lucky enough to have the same coach for the last 10 years. Many things have changed the landscape over that time. We are trying to gain an understanding of how much we need to be prepared to spend to get a coach. We have had many applicants to the position and they all expect remuneration. Is there a base figure you would suggest for a decent league in the country? What prices have you heard others on?

Any help greatly appreciated.


I know some Hills clubs are paying up and over 20k now for their coaches. That works out to just under $600 a week across the season (If you estimate the season to be 34 weeks- 12 of preseason, 22 of games). It's a full time job coaching now.
SecretInformant
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Re: Price of a Coach 2019

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:12 am

magpiemaster wrote:Hi, I’m working with a local footy club. We have been lucky enough to have the same coach for the last 10 years. Many things have changed the landscape over that time. We are trying to gain an understanding of how much we need to be prepared to spend to get a coach. We have had many applicants to the position and they all expect remuneration. Is there a base figure you would suggest for a decent league in the country? What prices have you heard others on?

Any help greatly appreciated.

What league are you talking about? Depending on where you are coaching I guess.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6054
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 422 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: Price of a Coach 2019

Postby magpiemaster » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Looking at Local and non local. Most people I have spoken to said about 20k. I guess they start their work in dec. 3 days a week for about 6 months and a few months pre season. Probably worth every bit of 20k. The league is One if Hills, Barossa or Southern. So a solid league.
magpiemaster
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:29 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Price of a Coach 2019

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:40 am

Know for a fact that there are multiple playing coaches in the Barossa getting around $30K.
User avatar
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3360
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 am
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 127 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Re: Price of a Coach 2019

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 am

Personally I just cant see how a playing coach can work. Captaining cricket whilst also worrying about own performance is hard enough, I couldn't imagine how football/playing coaches do it.

Is there many cases of playing/coaching winning premierships. My experience has been that it is very rare but happy to be wrong.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 19388
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 2705 times
Been liked: 1186 times

Re: Price of a Coach 2019

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:20 pm

whufc wrote:Personally I just cant see how a playing coach can work. Captaining cricket whilst also worrying about own performance is hard enough, I couldn't imagine how football/playing coaches do it.

Is there many cases of playing/coaching winning premierships. My experience has been that it is very rare but happy to be wrong.


in recent times:
Luke Slattery - Crystal Brook
Liam Whitwell - BSR
Todd Miles/Alan Obst - Barossa
I'd say that you'd need a quality assistant coach sitting on the bench during the game.
User avatar
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3360
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 am
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 127 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Re: Price of a Coach 2019

Postby barrys antz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
whufc wrote:Personally I just cant see how a playing coach can work. Captaining cricket whilst also worrying about own performance is hard enough, I couldn't imagine how football/playing coaches do it.

Is there many cases of playing/coaching winning premierships. My experience has been that it is very rare but happy to be wrong.


in recent times:
Luke Slattery - Crystal Brook
Liam Whitwell - BSR
Todd Miles/Alan Obst - Barossa
I'd say that you'd need a quality assistant coach sitting on the bench during the game.


You mean the real coach sitting on the sidelines. Player coaches in a lot of cases at the moment are just an easy way to get around salary cap rules as you only need to put $350 a week into the salary cap.
barrys antz
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:28 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Re: Price of a Coach 2019

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Know for a fact that there are multiple playing coaches in the Barossa getting around $30K.

There's a few playing assistant coaches on $30K as well isn't there?? ;)
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6054
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 422 times
Grassroots Team: Berri


Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests