Riverland Football Chatter

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby Peter Griffen » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:34 pm

So Cobby up and about pre season on facebook about signings! The club is in massive strife if they don't do something soon. It's embarrassing given their history.
Peter Griffen
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Bluesroos » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm

The club has burnt there own bridges. I know of major sponsors of the football club that have contributed to the club for 25 years plus and would now not give a penny to the club. Hurry up and fold and let's remember the real Cobdogla FC
Bluesroos
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Bum Crack » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:51 pm

Bluesroos wrote:The club has burnt there own bridges. I know of major sponsors of the football club that have contributed to the club for 25 years plus and would now not give a penny to the club. Hurry up and fold and let's remember the real Cobdogla FC

BluesRoos. Hmmm let me guess who that could be lol.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Benchwarmer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:19 pm

Just wondering if any clubs have recently released a club history book or whether clubs who have released books in the past still have copies available.

It would be nice to add another history book or two to my sporting library.
Benchwarmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:22 pm

Peter Griffen wrote:So Cobby up and about pre season on facebook about signings! The club is in massive strife if they don't do something soon. It's embarrassing given their history.

What’s embarrassing is the Cobby spectators abusing an umpire that much that he hopped in his car and drove off at half time leaving a BSR official to umpire the remainder of the game.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby jack sparow » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Can anyone that was at the Berri v Loxton game shed any light on Pumpa Sutherlands red card and report?
jack sparow

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:06 pm

I see Cobby forfeited on the weekend. Club ready to fold?
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby FULLY LOADED MAN » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:06 pm

if i was loxton pres i would be speaking to browns well and wunkar about a merge. offer to play 1 or 2 home games at each of their ovals. it seems thats where most of their players are going anyway. independents fold add a second renmark side (paringa) and a team from the mallee to create a 8 team riverland comp
FULLY LOADED MAN
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Is it true that Cobby forfeited 10 minutes before the match as they only had 14 players? I heard Browns Well offered to play a 14 v 14 game and then even offered to give them some of their players to make up a team and they refused to do this and forfeited. If that's the case, what a disgrace by them. Browns Well had their 50th anniversary that weekend and from all reports had a lot of people down for the weekend for celebrations at the club and they weren't even able to watch a game of footy. Makes me mad that Cobby could be so weak as piss to take the easy option and forfeit, especially against a team who they have had such a good rivalry with over the years especially back in the 80's and happened to be celebrating their 50th anniversary in the comp last weekend.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:15 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Is it true that Cobby forfeited 10 minutes before the match as they only had 14 players? I heard Browns Well offered to play a 14 v 14 game and then even offered to give them some of their players to make up a team and they refused to do this and forfeited. If that's the case, what a disgrace by them. Browns Well had their 50th anniversary that weekend and from all reports had a lot of people down for the weekend for celebrations at the club and they weren't even able to watch a game of footy. Makes me mad that Cobby could be so weak as piss to take the easy option and forfeit, especially against a team who they have had such a good rivalry with over the years especially back in the 80's and happened to be celebrating their 50th anniversary in the comp last weekend.

Why ask if it's true and then go and blast everyone based on what you're not sure is fact? :lol:
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby oldbomber » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:40 pm

OnSong wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Is it true that Cobby forfeited 10 minutes before the match as they only had 14 players? I heard Browns Well offered to play a 14 v 14 game and then even offered to give them some of their players to make up a team and they refused to do this and forfeited. If that's the case, what a disgrace by them. Browns Well had their 50th anniversary that weekend and from all reports had a lot of people down for the weekend for celebrations at the club and they weren't even able to watch a game of footy. Makes me mad that Cobby could be so weak as piss to take the easy option and forfeit, especially against a team who they have had such a good rivalry with over the years especially back in the 80's and happened to be celebrating their 50th anniversary in the comp last weekend.

Why ask if it's true and then go and blast everyone based on what you're not sure is fact? :lol:

Well anyone know if it happened like this??? I wasnt there but would be interested to know! If cobby unreasonably forfeited and stuffed up another teams premiership reunion then wunkar had the decency to turn up for the cobdogola premiership reunion and play the very next week thats pretty pathetic. IF true that is. Hope its not..
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:46 pm

oldbomber wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Well anyone know if it happened like this??? I wasnt there but would be interested to know! If cobby unreasonably forfeited and stuffed up another teams premiership reunion then wunkar had the decency to turn up for the cobdogola premiership reunion and play the very next week thats pretty pathetic. IF true that is. Hope its not..

Did they have a premiership reunion last week? A lot of people I spoke to who played in that premiership team didn't even get an invite so didn't bother going.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 pm

When and how did Cobby turn to shit?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Peter Griffen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:When and how did Cobby turn to shit?

Hmmmmm! On a side note, where are the Waikerie$$$$$$$$$$$$$ boys in the Country Champs this week?
Peter Griffen
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times

Postby SuperFrank » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:22 am

Peter Griffen wrote:

Hmmmmm! On a side note, where are the Waikerie$$$$$$$$$$$$$ boys in the Country Champs this week?

They were doing the same as the Hills div 1, Renmark (vater) & BMFC boys......

BMFC had 4 selected which all 4 pulled out the week before. Don't blame them though, the whole thing is a shamble. Needs to change to an U/23 tournament or something. Rep footy is dead for our zone atleast.
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby jack sparow » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:50 am

Peter Griffen wrote:

Two weekends off footy for 5 months, I think you will find most players either plan holidays around those two byes or just enjoy resting the body.
jack sparow

Has liked: 1 time

Postby SuperFrank » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:39 pm

Has Cobby forfeited again??
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:05 pm

SuperFrank wrote:Has Cobby forfeited again??

Yep
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Bluesroos » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Well that's done and dusted for the mighty Eagles. Forfeit against Lyrup who had to win bye 200 pts plus to have any chance to make the Finals. Cobby have ramco and sedan away to Finnish off the season if they can't get a team together for a home game what chance is there when they are away. To further that does the RFL have the balls to strip the grand final off of them?
Bluesroos
Mini-League

Postby oldbomber » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:28 pm

Bluesroos wrote:Well that's done and dusted for the mighty Eagles. Forfeit against Lyrup who had to win bye 200 pts plus to have any chance to make the Finals. Cobby have ramco and sedan away to Finnish off the season if they can't get a team together for a home game what chance is there when they are away. To further that does the RFL have the balls to strip the grand final off of them?

Wow. Stripping the grand final would be a big call. Sounds like as a club they have done the wrong thing and failed to turn up a couple of times this year now so league could either punish them or let them host and raise some $ in the hope they can survive the off season and come back next year stronger. Doubt the league will have the balls to take it off them but would think its well deserved if they did.

Shaping up to be a decent finals series in RIFL and i think all of the top 4 are quite capable on their day so will be interesting to see who can put it together best. Sedan cambrai favourites but that wont matter when it all kicks off in a few weeks!
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy