Riverland Football Chatter

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby oldbomber » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:26 am

A lot of sooking going on here about Waikerie. If they are winning flags using the least amount of points obviously they have a great club culture, tight playing group, have put the time into their juniors, kept locals onside and are riding the crest of the wave at the moment from their previous hard work.

As for salary cap slander i question how many clubs are actually playing by the rules...with 1 marquee player allowed at 1k per game and no other single player meant to get more than just 500. I would question any club with more than 1 big name recruit!

At the end of the day...Don't get bitter. Get better
oldbomber
Rookie
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:39 pm
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby SuperFrank » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:18 am

oldbomber wrote:A lot of sooking going on here about Waikerie. If they are winning flags using the least amount of points obviously they have a great club culture, tight playing group, have put the time into their juniors, kept locals onside and are riding the crest of the wave at the moment from their previous hard work.

As for salary cap slander i question how many clubs are actually playing by the rules...with 1 marquee player allowed at 1k per game and no other single player meant to get more than just 500. I would question any club with more than 1 big name recruit!

At the end of the day...Don't get bitter. Get better



Spot on there mate, couldn't agree more with it all!!!
SuperFrank
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby BOM » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:58 pm

Jim05 wrote:
SuperFrank wrote:All RFL coaches are locked in with no changes from last season.

Couple changes in the independent's so far:
Lyrup - Anthony Lippis
Paringa - Tom Wood

Will there be any more changes in independent's?

Don’t think BSR have a coach at this stage


BSR appointed 2012 premiership player Troy Cowland some time ago, expect to see a number of past players follow him back as well as some new recruits..
BOM
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:44 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Blanchetown-Swan Reach

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby SuperFrank » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:48 am

Few in's for Lyrup & Cobby

Silly season has officially began haha
SuperFrank
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby OnSong » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Malala pair Justin Antony and Allen Sparks off to Ramco.

Both were in Mallala's best 21 in a side that should have won the A grade flag last year.

Antony would be early to mid 30s but still very agile and quick with a good set of hands.

Allen Sparks is the big one though, tough as nails, quick, can play anywhere. Not a freak but will be very, very good in the Indys.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
User avatar
OnSong
Coach
 
Posts: 10235
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 427 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:40 pm

OnSong wrote:Malala pair Justin Antony and Allen Sparks off to Ramco.

Both were in Mallala's best 21 in a side that should have won the A grade flag last year.

Antony would be early to mid 30s but still very agile and quick with a good set of hands.

Allen Sparks is the big one though, tough as nails, quick, can play anywhere. Not a freak but will be very, very good in the Indys.


Except the fact they we’re outplayed most of the match :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6461
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 229 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby OnSong » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:39 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
OnSong wrote:Malala pair Justin Antony and Allen Sparks off to Ramco.

Both were in Mallala's best 21 in a side that should have won the A grade flag last year.

Antony would be early to mid 30s but still very agile and quick with a good set of hands.

Allen Sparks is the big one though, tough as nails, quick, can play anywhere. Not a freak but will be very, very good in the Indys.


Except the fact they we’re outplayed most of the match :lol:

Mallala lost three games for the year. The first two and the last one. And even that last one, they led at HT and 3QT, eventually losing to a side they belted by 10 goals in the second semi. They were the red-hot favourites and lost to the better side in a close one.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
User avatar
OnSong
Coach
 
Posts: 10235
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 427 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:03 pm

OnSong wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
OnSong wrote:Malala pair Justin Antony and Allen Sparks off to Ramco.

Both were in Mallala's best 21 in a side that should have won the A grade flag last year.

Antony would be early to mid 30s but still very agile and quick with a good set of hands.

Allen Sparks is the big one though, tough as nails, quick, can play anywhere. Not a freak but will be very, very good in the Indys.


Except the fact they we’re outplayed most of the match :lol:

Mallala lost three games for the year. The first two and the last one. And even that last one, they led at HT and 3QT, eventually losing to a side they belted by 10 goals in the second semi. They were the red-hot favourites and lost to the better side in a close one.


Up the Roosters
mighty hounds
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6461
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 229 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby David Brent » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:25 am

Any of the clubs hoping to get near Waik recruited a quality defender to nullify the big Forward at Waik at all? You would think this would be a logical move.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
Under 18s
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 pm
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby SuperFrank » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:29 am

David Brent wrote:Any of the clubs hoping to get near Waik recruited a quality defender to nullify the big Forward at Waik at all? You would think this would be a logical move.


Doesn't look like at this stage
SuperFrank
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby SuperFrank » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Tom Jolly Berri bound?
SuperFrank
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby norwood8 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:26 am

SuperFrank wrote:Tom Jolly Berri bound?


Teaching at Glossop, tossing up between Berri and another I heard.

Very good player with only injuries stopping him from playing league football.
User avatar
norwood8
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:22 am
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby SuperFrank » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Did I hear Geordie Franks kicked 8 snags against Karoonda on Saturday in Berri's trial???
SuperFrank
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby David Brent » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:53 pm

SuperFrank wrote:Did I hear Geordie Franks kicked 8 snags against Karoonda on Saturday in Berri's trial???


Kicked or ate?
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
Under 18s
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 pm
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:56 pm

David Brent wrote:
SuperFrank wrote:Did I hear Geordie Franks kicked 8 snags against Karoonda on Saturday in Berri's trial???


Kicked or ate?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 5824
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:18 pm

Staying at the Berri Hotel tonight. The Demons enjoying a big win 20k's on the other side of the Murray. Is that their first win since 2016? The locals are very happy.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5013
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 481 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby David Brent » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:23 am

And BAM a nice little reality check for Renmark over the weekend. Had some very confident guys heading into the season, hopefully they learn from that & can actually challenge Waikerie later in the year.

The Dees right up & about to for the second week, think they are booked in for their reality check against Waikerie this week too.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
Under 18s
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 pm
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby David Brent » Fri May 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Should be a good game at the Demon Den this weekend, night game I believe?
I reckon there will be plenty of heat between the two clubs might make for some interesting viewing.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
Under 18s
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 pm
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby spot on » Sun May 27, 2018 11:54 am

What happened in the Waikerie game yesterday, obviously they had their score for the first three quarters stripped from them.
User avatar
spot on
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:01 am
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby jack sparow » Sun May 27, 2018 3:47 pm

This is from their Facebook page
Mixed results today with the U13s, U15s, U18s and B grade all recording solid wins over Loxton North. However the story of the day was the A grade unfortunately recording a loss, bringing to an end an incredible 30 game winning streak. Despite dominating the game, Waikerie mistakenly fielded 18 players at the beginning of the 4th quarter when we should have only had 17 due to a yellow card send off late in the 3rd. (New rules introduced by the RFL in 2018 dictate that a player who is yellow carded and therefore sent off for 10 minutes of play, can not be replaced by another player during that 10 minute period.)
Loxton North called a “count” and with an extra player on field, Waikerie’s score of 12.10 was wiped. Despite kicking 3 goals 5 to Loxton Norths 2 points in the last quarter, it wasn’t enough to close the gap, with Waikerie going down by 17 points.
jack sparow
Member
 
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:13 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lightning McQueen and 6 guests