RMFL

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:27 pm

Given that I know the RMFL is a quality league and given who Tailem Bend have lost to in their trial matches, I'll be predicting them to finish 2nd or 3rd bottom.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby GWW » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:49 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:Given that I know the RMFL is a quality league and given who Tailem Bend have lost to in their trial matches, I'll be predicting them to finish 2nd or 3rd bottom.

Yes it will certainly be a rebuilding year for Tailem this year. I've followed the club since 1985 and although only seeing 2 to 3 games a year these days, i love to see this club do well. Theyve played finals footy every year since 1989 but appears that they will be battling with Mypolonga, Mannum and Meiningie for a position in the lower rungs of the 5. Tailem still has one or 2 quality players in Mervyn "Muffy" Kartinyeri (SANFL experience with Sturt and South), Michael Raidis (ex Glenelg) and ruckman recruit Brett Dale who has played in the Southern League in the last few years.

The club has actually picked up quite a lot of young players but it appears they are only fringe A grade players. It appears as though they are taking a long term view. Similarly, the Mannum Roos, another strong club in the 90's have lost some quality players - Daniel Zadow to Ramblers, Ben Quinn and Aaron Sinkinson to Loxton, Bradley Wakefield (Mallee League), and Randall Williams who i believe is seeking a clearance to a club in the Great Southern League. From what i've heard coach Lee Adams who now i believe is 40 years of age, is considering pulling the boots on again.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby stan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:15 pm

Mypo get over Taliem, thats the news i bring to you today!

Mypolonga 9.18 (72)
def
Tailem 9.9 (63)

GWW your right about needing to redbuild, 15 clearances is the word that im hearing. But although it will be tough, all clubs go through it, just need to knuckle down.
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby GWW » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:46 pm

stan wrote:Mypo get over Taliem, thats the news i bring to you today!

Mypolonga 9.18 (72)
def
Tailem 9.9 (63)

GWW your right about needing to redbuild, 15 clearances is the word that im hearing. But although it will be tough, all clubs go through it, just need to knuckle down.

Yep you're right Stan, the club certainly is in a rebuilding phase, its funny because Tailem and Mannum will be fighting each other to avoid the wooden spoon, in the 90's they were 2 of the strongest clubs in the league. During the same period Jervois struggled, but now appear to be unbeatable. Will be interesting to see if they go through undefeated for the season.
GWW

Postby PhilG » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:40 pm

Last edited by PhilG on Sun May 13, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilG

Postby GWW » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:44 pm

PhilG wrote:

Mypolonga 9.18 (72)
def
Tailem 9.9 (63)

Any scores from Meningie or Imperials?

Meningie beat Mannum by about 12/13 goals. Imps were upset by Ramblers by about 3 goals.
GWW

Postby stan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:56 pm

GWW wrote:
PhilG wrote:

Mypolonga 9.18 (72)
def
Tailem 9.9 (63)

Meningie beat Mannum by about 12/13 goals. Imps were upset by Ramblers by about 3 goals.

Upset is the word there i was thinking that Imps and Jervios will be fighting for the flag with meningie close behind in 3rd.
stan
Coach

Postby GWW » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:08 pm

stan wrote:
GWW wrote:
PhilG wrote:

Mypolonga 9.18 (72)
def
Tailem 9.9 (63)

Upset is the word there i was thinking that Imps and Jervios will be fighting for the flag with meningie close behind in 3rd.

Yes especially when Ramblers lost their 2 key forwards a short time before the first round (not sure who they're playing for now).
GWW

Postby PhilG » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:19 pm

Last edited by PhilG on Sun May 13, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilG

Postby GWW » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:25 pm

PhilG wrote:Ummmm, actually guys I was after the actual scores - not just the results.

Sorry Phil...have been able to chase up the Meningie/Mannum game - Meningie 17.19 (121) to Mannum 6.0 (36). Cant give you an exact score for Ramblers Imps though, Ramblers kicked about 15 goals to Imps 12, cant remember the points though. Hope this is of some help.
GWW

Postby PhilG » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:38 pm

Last edited by PhilG on Sun May 13, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilG

Postby GWW » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 pm

PhilG wrote:The one does. Thanks. The Murray Valley Standard would have been out today (Tuesday) so maybe someone will have the Imps/Ramblers score.

Yep should have, or maybe you can find a copy of the Sunday Mail somewhere, should be in there.
GWW

Postby stan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:11 am

The Ramblers were all over meningie this week. Big win. I was one that actually rated meningie this year so this result is a surpirse. But still its early in the season. Interesting to see how the teams come back after easter.
stan
Coach

Postby Coorong » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:42 am

You a Meningie boy Stan or from that area?
Coorong
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby stan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:15 pm

No im not from that area, i just heard that there team would be quite good this year. I have a few mates from areas out there and we often talk about footy.
stan
Coach

Postby GWW » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:18 pm

I think this year will be Ramblers best chance of playing in a grand final in 12/13 years. Theyve recruited well, and even though they lost their 2 key forwards just before the first round of the season they seem to be playing great footy. Jervois would still be clear favourites though, only a bad run with injuries or a "hangover", presumably would stop them winning the flag again this year.

Looking at the Meningie/Ramblers score in the Sunday Mail, i noticed all "locals" in best players for the Bears, which made me wonder whether or not some of their "outsiders" have flown the coop (result in Sunday Mail didnt have goalkickers listed).
GWW

Postby stan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:20 pm

GWW wrote:I think this year will be Ramblers best chance of playing in a grand final in 12/13 years. Theyve recruited well, and even though they lost their 2 key forwards just before the first round of the season they seem to be playing great footy. Jervois would still be clear favourites though, only a bad run with injuries or a "hangover", presumably would stop them winning the flag again this year.

Looking at the Meningie/Ramblers score in the Sunday Mail, i noticed all "locals" in best players for the Bears, which made me wonder whether or not some of their "outsiders" have flown the coop (result in Sunday Mail didnt have goalkickers listed).

Thats definitly a possibility. Outsiders will eventually head off, so you could be right there GWW. As for Jervois, i still tip them to play in the GF and probably win, they still have a pretty good team.
stan
Coach

a new website - countryfooty.com.au

Postby colliver69 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:58 pm

Just letting you know that a new footy website is up and running called
"countryfooty.com.au"
You don't need the "www" just type in countryfooty.com.au
Throughout 2006 we intend to put up scores, premiership tables and other news of the many country footy leagues in South Australia
This service is FREE and available to all that love to keep up to date with the game in SA. If you know people that would interested in the site - please let them know
If you are interested providing some assistance with scores, news etc - get in touch with me via:
mailto:lcolliver@countryfooty.com.au
Best Wishes
Lawrie Colliver
Editor countryfooty.com.au (also Radio FiveAA Stats man)
colliver69
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby stan » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:46 pm

Good to see that mypo got close to Jervios on the weekend. Good effort from the Tigers.
stan
Coach

Postby GWW » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:23 pm

stan wrote:Good to see that mypo got close to Jervios on the weekend. Good effort from the Tigers.

I agree Stan, would be interesting to know though how many players Jervois had out (injured etc).
GWW

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy