RMFL

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby GWW » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:28 pm

duncs7 wrote:Can anyone fill me in with the story of Scott Feltus?
He is my cousin that i never see and the story im getting from my aunt about what happened was 99.99% more likey to not be the truth. Did he hit the ump or what?
I know he went to Jervois for the money.

I dont think he actually hit the ump, i think he was reported for abuse and making threats.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:13 am

http://www.impfc.com.au
http://www.mannumroos.com.au

Re; Tailem Bend, are these blokes still playing.... Todd Downs, Noel Hartman, Matt Connolly, Mervyn Kartinyeri? NAy other locals playing?
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby GWW » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:40 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:http://www.impfc.com.au
http://www.mannumroos.com.au

Re; Tailem Bend, are these blokes still playing.... Todd Downs, Noel Hartman, Matt Connolly, Mervyn Kartinyeri? NAy other locals playing?

Todd Downs played last year. Noel hasnt played for Tailem for about 3 or 4 years, most recently hes been coaching and playing a bit for Callington Eagles. Matt Connolly got cleared to Callington 2 years ago, he played last year for Mannum. Muffy Kartinyeri has played last few years for Tailem.

Tailems locals last year included Jarrod Graetz, Todd Blucher, Paul Abbott, Todd Downs and a few others.
GWW

Postby Punk Rooster » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:54 pm

Paul Abbot (as with the others barring Muffy) would've all hit 30 by now, & in the twilight of their careers. I thought Noel would've finished his playing career, too. Noticed that Crunchy Aspell went to Imps.

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Postby Coorong » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:10 pm

The better locals always get a game, plus anyone of reasonable value you can poach from another area with beer and girls.

From my recollection, for decades now most sides have 5-6 "imports" on reasonable money who are really the backbone of each team. I am not against it mind you, as it does add to the quality of the comp. plus the crowds.

I remember clearly, back in the late 60's early 70's we could always field a home team, but some locals just didnt turn up if the game was at Mannum or Mypolonga.
Coorong
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby GWW » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:Paul Abbot (as with the others barring Muffy) would've all hit 30 by now, & in the twilight of their careers. I thought Noel would've finished his playing career, too. Noticed that Crunchy Aspell went to Imps.

Yeah Paul Abbott would be 30 now. Crunchy has played for Imps for the past year and a bit, has played some great footy in the backlines. I think Muffy would be turning 30 in a year or 2. Probably Tailem's best young player would be Jarrad Graetz. They've also got a young lad from their under 17's, Dylan Hogarth, he played for Sturt under 17's last year (won their b & f), certainly one to look out for in the future....unfortunately for Tailem though his future will probably will be with Sturt or maybe even the AFL.
GWW

Postby Punk Rooster » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:10 pm

What's the local cricket comp like these days? Are St Josephs still around? I know they "merged" with Wanderers CC, yet still maintained their identity. At the time, Wanderers had A's & B's, St Josephs provided the C's & D's. Re players in RMFL, news on the following... Jason Hampel, Michael Smart, Simon Hampel (prob retired by now) (Ramblers), The Newells (Imps), & the story behind Redlegs folding. Was Ricky Ayres or Mark Smith captain when they folded? Or did they ever captain the club? There were quite a few talented players that I know of in the early 90's that were set to play league footy, yet run into some trouble with the law, and were bailed out by the prospective SANFL league club. The club in question did their cash cold, as I never saw them set foot in a jumper. The only ones I saw make it were Muffy & Steve White. Oops, I just gave the SANFL club away...

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Postby GWW » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:15 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:What's the local cricket comp like these days? Are St Josephs still around? I know they "merged" with Wanderers CC, yet still maintained their identity. At the time, Wanderers had A's & B's, St Josephs provided the C's & D's. Re players in RMFL, news on the following... Jason Hampel, Michael Smart, Simon Hampel (prob retired by now) (Ramblers), The Newells (Imps), & the story behind Redlegs folding. Was Ricky Ayres or Mark Smith captain when they folded? Or did they ever captain the club? There were quite a few talented players that I know of in the early 90's that were set to play league footy, yet run into some trouble with the law, and were bailed out by the prospective SANFL league club. The club in question did their cash cold, as I never saw them set foot in a jumper. The only ones I saw make it were Muffy & Steve White. Oops, I just gave the SANFL club away...

I'm not up with the Murray Lands cricket scene (like i am with the footy), but i do know that Meningie recommenced an A grade team again this season. I think Jason Hampel still plays for Ramblers but i'm not 100% sure on that. Michael Smart has played for Port Districts for the last few years. Ricky Ayers played for Callington United Eagles a few years ago, even before Redlegs folded. They basically folded because of lack of senior numbers. The season before (2004) they recruited quite well but they lost a lot of their recruits to other clubs or for other reasons during that year. Then last season they played the first few games but in the end the other clubs just decided there was no use continuing, they just didnt have the player numbers anymore. I'm not sure who their last captain was, i dont think Mark Smith had played there for a few years either. I think Smith was captain for a few years going back 6 or 7 years ago though. The only other player i can think of that got close to SANFL level was Daniel Zadow from Mannum, i think he may have played one league game for sturt but i'm not sure about that. I think Damian Newell retired a few years ago, Dion Newell played last year after spending the previous year overseas.
GWW

Postby Punk Rooster » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:24 pm

Grant Tanner (Geelong/Norwood & maybe Crows??) started out at Redlegs, as did Lee. The players who never made it were a couple of the Rigney boys, one i particular was a great all round sportsman. Some wasted talent there. Off topic, another famous sporting idenity to come out of the bridge wqas Jackie Featherstonaugh... or Jackie Delaney as she was better known

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Postby GWW » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:Grant Tanner (Geelong/Norwood & maybe Crows??) started out at Redlegs, as did Lee. The players who never made it were a couple of the Rigney boys, one i particular was a great all round sportsman. Some wasted talent there. Off topic, another famous sporting idenity to come out of the bridge wqas Jackie Featherstonaugh... or Jackie Delaney as she was better known

I may be wrong, but i'm not sure if Grant Tanner ever played for Redlegs, i know a few of his brothers played there though. I think Grant played his junior footy with Jervois. The other players from the RMFL to play SANFL in the last 10/15 years include Matthew Dent (also AFL) and Michael McGlashan.
GWW

Postby old blue » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:47 pm

GWW wrote:
Punk Rooster wrote:Grant Tanner (Geelong/Norwood & maybe Crows??) started out at Redlegs, as did Lee. The players who never made it were a couple of the Rigney boys, one i particular was a great all round sportsman. Some wasted talent there. Off topic, another famous sporting idenity to come out of the bridge wqas Jackie Featherstonaugh... or Jackie Delaney as she was better known

I may be wrong, but i'm not sure if Grant Tanner ever played for Redlegs, i know a few of his brothers played there though. I think Grant played his junior footy with Jervois. The other players from the RMFL to play SANFL in the last 10/15 years include Matthew Dent (also AFL) and Michael McGlashan.

Don't forget Adam Thomson and didn't Marty Mattner play in the RMFL (Imps?) even though he came from further out in the Mallee?
old blue
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby GWW » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:27 pm

old blue wrote:
GWW wrote:

Don't forget Adam Thomson and didn't Marty Mattner play in the RMFL
(Imps?) even though he came from further out in the Mallee?

Yep you're right there Old Blue, Mattner played for Imps as a 16 year old, i think he played in the 99 premiership. Thomson played his junior footy with Ramblers, and i think played a handful of games of A grade there as well.
GWW

Postby GWW » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:59 pm

Does anyone know any RMFL recruiting news for the upcoming season?

I only know Garrett from Encounter Bay to Imperials.

Another Jaroslafsky joining Jervois (saw this on another thread on this web site).
GWW

Postby petoe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:37 am

I heard trev rigney from lonsdale also goin th Jervois.
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby the observer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:34 pm

Brad Schmidtt ex South/Myponga/Morphett Vale signed with Jervois
the observer
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby GWW » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:46 am

They might as well just hand the premiership cup to Jervois without even playing a game. If they havent lost too many players from last year, i could see them going through undefeated this season.
GWW

Postby old blue » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:20 am

The Murray Valley Standard will begin a club by club preview of the 2006 season next Tuesday. I'll try to post any new info that comes to light.
old blue
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby PPLions » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:35 am

Does Eugene Wanganeen still play in the RMFL?
I played with him at Torrens Valley in the HFL, and he dominated in that Comp.
PPLions
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby Coorong » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:03 pm

Old Blue, that would be great. Any info you get on the Meningie Bears would be appreciated too.
Coorong
League - Best 21

Been liked: 8 times

Postby GWW » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:23 pm

PPLions wrote:Does Eugene Wanganeen still play in the RMFL?
I played with him at Torrens Valley in the HFL, and he dominated in that Comp.

He started off at Meningie about 4/5 years ago, then a season at Redlegs, then Imperials last year. Not sure where hes playing this year.
GWW

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy