HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby BurntToast » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Is it just me or has the standard of umpiring in the HFL steadily dropped over the past few years to absolutely rock bottom of late? Honestly could throw a handkerchief and that would neatly cover any of those that are even remotely competent. It’s frustrating and honestly embarrassing that many don’t even know the very basics. Some much needed funding and a complete overhaul in training and coaching is desperately needed. I admit it’s nit the easiest job on a Saturday, but it can’t continue like this.

On a different note, lofty were impressive yesterday during the first half. They just lack a bit of polish and perhaps rely on two few to carry the team. If they can some how get three or four quality players in that side I think they could become a very good football side. It’s nice to see Blackwood finally starting to get some players back from injury. Still a couple to come back in, so hopefully we can continue to build and get some continuity towards another successful September campaign.

Echunga rolled Barker, anyone see that game? It’s hard to judge Echunga, they’re up and down like a yo-yo. Their best can beat anyone, don’t seem consistent enough.
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:19 pm

BurntToast wrote:Is it just me or has the standard of umpiring in the HFL steadily dropped over the past few years to absolutely rock bottom of late? Honestly could throw a handkerchief and that would neatly cover any of those that are even remotely competent. It’s frustrating and honestly embarrassing that many don’t even know the very basics. Some much needed funding and a complete overhaul in training and coaching is desperately needed. I admit it’s nit the easiest job on a Saturday, but it can’t continue like this.

On a different note, lofty were impressive yesterday during the first half. They just lack a bit of polish and perhaps rely on two few to carry the team. If they can some how get three or four quality players in that side I think they could become a very good football side. It’s nice to see Blackwood finally starting to get some players back from injury. Still a couple to come back in, so hopefully we can continue to build and get some continuity towards another successful September campaign.

Echunga rolled Barker, anyone see that game? It’s hard to judge Echunga, they’re up and down like a yo-yo. Their best can beat anyone, don’t seem consistent enough.

Do you know what they get a game out there?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby BurntToast » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:04 pm

No I dont, I’m not privy to that kind of information.
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 pm

With just over half way through the year gone is there any side that will get close to Hahndorf?
Sideshow Bob
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby cracka » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Not sure where to put this but since it involves Onkas & Mt Barker, here will do.
Onkas are playing Mt Barker today in the U16 girls & Mt Barker have "recruited" some girls from Strath because the GSFL season has finished. Last week Mt Barker used these girls & beat the previously unbeaten Murraylands girls. Looks like the HFL are going to allow the Strath girls to play finals.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:18 pm

cracka wrote:Not sure where to put this but since it involves Onkas & Mt Barker, here will do.
Onkas are playing Mt Barker today in the U16 girls & Mt Barker have "recruited" some girls from Strath because the GSFL season has finished. Last week Mt Barker used these girls & beat the previously unbeaten Murraylands girls. Looks like the HFL are going to allow the Strath girls to play finals.

Possibly here:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=42109&start=40
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:28 am

cracka wrote:Not sure where to put this but since it involves Onkas & Mt Barker, here will do.

Christies Beach have a number of girls also who committed but wanted to see the GSFL season out first. It is the bizarre nature of women's football at the moment. For some reason the AFL, SANFL and some leagues like the GSFL think that women can only play for 8 or so weeks and then season done. As a result you get players covering 3 or 4 different competitions over the year.

Don't get me started on the SANFL deciding they need to establish a parallel competition when there was already a state level comp in place (SAWFL Div1) that they had taken no interest in for 20-odd years. Now we have the weird situation where players participate in a glorified carnival before playing their full season with their clubs, with an overlap, now some of these girls are playing 26-28 weeks of football.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Injury curse continues for us. Shaun Tait lining up for our B grade. :shock:
cracka
Veteran

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Have the ovals for finals been announced yet?
Sideshow Bob
Mini-League

Postby Keefy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:45 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Have the ovals for finals been announced yet?
GF @ Lobey
Prelim @ Balhannah

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby running defender » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:21 am

Once again the best oval in the league and facilities not used for finals.
Another bright decision by our leaders.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:54 pm

The way Echunga are going they would be eying off a Prelim berth wouldn't they? So surely would be getting a earlier final? Will anyone get near Hahndorf in the A grade or Uraidla in the B Grade?
Sideshow Bob
Mini-League

Postby cracka » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Echunga should be getting one of the early finals I'd reckon.
cracka
Veteran

Postby TooNice » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Normally I would agree with you cracka, but Echunga oval is a mess. Unfortunately, they hosted last weekend, and it was about the wettest Saturday of the season. Games there, this weekend with more rain Saturday there will fully finish it off - unlucky they have copped the wettest two weekends in a row.......
TooNice
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby SecretInformant » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:20 pm

cracka wrote:Echunga should be getting one of the early finals I'd reckon.

I'm pretty sure Echunga don't have a final due to players withdrawing from Interleague
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby cracka » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:13 pm

TooNice wrote:Normally I would agree with you cracka, but Echunga oval is a mess. Unfortunately, they hosted last weekend, and it was about the wettest Saturday of the season. Games there, this weekend with more rain Saturday there will fully finish it off - unlucky they have copped the wettest two weekends in a row.......

Bugger. If the weather was anything like at Heathfield last Saturday I can understand. No oval could have coped with that.
cracka
Veteran

Postby saintal » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Tough 3 weeks for Onkas Cracka (combined A/B grade scores below).

Mt Lofty 1 goal to 17
Hahndorf 10 goals to 31
Uraidla 3 goals to 37

Injuries? Form? Or more to it?
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby cracka » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:23 pm

saintal wrote:Tough 3 weeks for Onkas Cracka (combined A/B grade scores below).

Mt Lofty 1 goal to 17
Hahndorf 10 goals to 31
Uraidla 3 goals to 37

Injuries? Form? Or more to it?

Yeah mainly injuries & holidays. I think I counted 14 of our players listed in the A grade (going by the budget) unavailable last Saturday, plus however many from the B's list. We've been struggling for numbers for about 9 weeks now (since we played Hahndorf at Hahndorf). I almost got a game then apparently at age 47. Bots Houlahan played B's for us 2 weeks ago, he's 2 years older than me I think. Shaun Tait played against Blackwood

We've got very few recruits this year, played with -1 points a couple of times this year & some games we've had 19 players in the A's who played junior footy for us. Our first few games this year (when we had good numbers) had up to 17 former juniors in the A's.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Last Saturday we scored 1 goal between our senior colts, B's & A's mainly due to playing dumb wet weather footy. We were trying to play dry weather footy in atrocious conditions.
cracka
Veteran

Postby TheBull » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Keefy wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:Have the ovals for finals been announced yet?
GF @ Lobey
Prelim @ Balhannah

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Saw pictures of Uraidla oval, looked beautiful and dry so hopefully we get to watch a nice final there, hold up well. Our oval on the other hand.... best not to talk about.

Hahndorf by 10 goals in A grade
Uraidla by 7 goal in the B grade - we will get the runner up trophy

might need to watch some junior finals to get a close game.
TheBull
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy