HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:05 pm

running defender wrote:So it's all about the whole club
Having a strong Agr and a reasonably strong Bgr makes a big difference
Last year uraidla had 2 teams that never won a game and didn't look like getting relagated
T/valley and Echunga the same this year. It's never gunna be even until you make both colts teams 3 pts and maybe no pts in Brg after round 15 to stop the stacking .

As long as it suits Echunga eh. The current system was voted on recently & majority accepted it.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Legs Man » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:23 pm

It's not about Echunga - it's about clubs with smaller population in their area which makes junior footy hard to compete on.
A simple adjustment to junior age brackets would make a big impact.
It seems that by u/18 level it tends to even out a bit more and lads that can't quite hit senior footy at the current age to go up are still OK in U/18's for the final year.
Naturally the guys who are ready are usually already in Senior footy at this stage or earlier.
A grade and u/18's should be weighted highest at 10 and 5 a piece then make it 3 for B's and only 2 for under 15. (Totalling 20 points)
This will give a more even opportunity across the board if relegation is to be enforced and maintained taking a full club points situation into account -
and provide some respite for the smaller population clubs.
We will also fall into line with the league we are directly under - SANFL.
This is one area I feel the HFL should make a stand alone decision on devoid of any club input and for once show they can make a call that benefits Hills footy overall.
Surely they would receive both CFL and SANFL backing to achieve this thus allowing a tough but insightful call to be made.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:31 pm

running defender wrote:So it's all about the whole club
Having a strong Agr and a reasonably strong Bgr makes a big difference
Last year uraidla had 2 teams that never won a game and didn't look like getting relagated
T/valley and Echunga the same this year. It's never gunna be even until you make both colts teams 3 pts and maybe no pts in Brg after round 15 to stop the stacking .

To be fair, there's only been one club in the history of the HFL that has tried to stack its B Grade in an attempt to avoid relegation - that was your club last year.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby running defender » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:49 pm

We blooded a few s/colts that day in the Agr maybe you should try the same thing and ready them for senior football.
The mighty tigers did it a few years ago to avoid relagation.
Cracks enjoy the drive to kersbrook and gumeracha
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:12 pm

running defender wrote:We blooded a few s/colts that day in the Agr maybe you should try the same thing and ready them for senior football.

Wow - taking pop shots at teams being relegated now are we? Classy.

As to the "B grade stacking game" last year, well you certainly got you moneys worth out of Luke Carey that day.....or at least someone got their money's worth, I've lost track who's paying for who out your way.......
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby running defender » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:18 pm

Talking about Luke Carey what a season he has had down at the crows.
What a crock of crap if he doesn't play with us sat he needs a permit for the finals,
And he's qualified .
running defender
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:35 am

running defender wrote:Talking about Luke Carey what a season he has had down at the crows.
What a crock of crap if he doesn't play with us sat he needs a permit for the finals,
And he's qualified .

He is a top up player and has played enough matches to qualify - so why would he need a permit?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:43 am

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
running defender wrote:We blooded a few s/colts that day in the Agr maybe you should try the same thing and ready them for senior football.

As to the "B grade stacking game" last year, well you certainly got you moneys worth out of Luke Carey that day.....or at least someone got their money's worth, I've lost track who's paying for who out your way.......

It's what we've come to expect from someone who claimed to be kicking goals from the HBF in the GF, but in reality had been retired for 20 years. His comments are so far off the majority of peoples opinions in the HFL (even his own clubs opinions are way off his), I generally try to ignore his crap but he does what trolls do best & suck us in to biting.
Be interesting to see Kersbrooks facilities, last time Onkas played them they were still at the ground opposite the tavern. Kersbrook also have 4 or 5 ex Onkas boys playing so that will be fun to watch, especially if the Pfeiffer twins line up on each other, red cards galore. :D
cracka
Veteran

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:30 pm

i have seen a bit of luke carey and echo what others have said he is a ripper!
not surprised he has played well for the crows, he was a good player at sanfl level, just didn't get the opportunities he probably deserved.

Echunga are a good side without him, and a very good side with him!!!!

did I hear right that one of the ellis boys got red carded on the weekend??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Amateur Footy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Corona Man wrote:Does anyone know how ground allocations are going for finals in Div 1. I heard on the weekend that Onkas have the GF, and that the Prelim was most likely at Hahndorf.... Be interested to know what are grounds are in the running. Assume Uri's get a final.... what about Barker, or Lofty.... does Echunga get a look in?

Mt Barker Qualifying Final
Mt Pleasant Elimination Final
Uraidla 1st or 2nd Final
Echunga 1st or 2nd Final
Lobethal Preliminary Final
Balhannah Grand Final

Well that's an interesting rotation policy. Uraidla had 2 finals last season and I don't recall IB or Blackwood hosting a final last year but both did the year before. I thought they would be rotated between clubs bi-annually. I don't understand why these clubs don't stand up for themselves and demand to host a final ( IB can host at another venue as they did 2 years ago). There's a $5k plus windfall from doing it.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Legs Man » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:24 pm

cracka wrote:

It's what we've come to expect from someone who claimed to be kicking goals from the HBF in the GF, but in reality had been retired for 20 years. His comments are so far off the majority of peoples opinions in the HFL (even his own clubs opinions are way off his), I generally try to ignore his crap but he does what trolls do best & suck us in to biting.
Be interesting to see Kersbrooks facilities, last time Onkas played them they were still at the ground opposite the tavern. Kersbrook also have 4 or 5 ex Onkas boys playing so that will be fun to watch, especially if the Pfeiffer twins line up on each other, red cards galore. :D

Kersbrook have in my opinion the best ground in hills football - big ,flat, lots of parking and great viewing from a mound around the oval
They had dramas early on when it was built and totally revamped the turf and drainage making it a really good deck.
If it's better than when we last played there - and it was good then - it will be brilliant now!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby running defender » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:40 pm

I agree kersbrook oval top shelf.
A few of the directors should be Lobbying local councils for funding to drain some of these so called Div 1 ovals.
And how about rewarding the winners of both GF with a cash bonus instead of having to pay for our medals.
I think they took in excess off 100k last year and not one cent to the clubs that put the show on.
My mail medal tip is Jennings
Paul
Hughes
M Jenkins
Good luck for this week and good luck to all teams in finals
running defender
Rookie

Postby thevoice » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Mail Medal will be won by either Hughes (MB) or Jenkin (Lobey). Look for Block late, won't poll in the first half of the year. But I reckon he'll have 5-6 BOG's in the second half. Echunga / Hahndorf / TV blokes will all take votes off each other. O'Sullivan will be close, due to shear numbers of how much he touches the pill.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:30 pm

running defender wrote:I agree kersbrook oval top shelf.
A few of the directors should be Lobbying local councils for funding to drain some of these so called Div 1 ovals.
And how about rewarding the winners of both GF with a cash bonus instead of having to pay for our medals.
I think they took in excess off 100k last year and not one cent to the clubs that put the show on.
My mail medal tip is Jennings
Paul
Hughes
M Jenkins
Good luck for this week and good luck to all teams in finals

Wow did someone hack your account. Nicely said. And yes I did mean to like it.
cracka
Veteran

Postby TheBull » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:38 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Does anyone know how ground allocations are going for finals in Div 1. I heard on the weekend that Onkas have the GF, and that the Prelim was most likely at Hahndorf.... Be interested to know what are grounds are in the running. Assume Uri's get a final.... what about Barker, or Lofty.... does Echunga get a look in?

Mt Barker Qualifying Final
Mt Pleasant Elimination Final
Uraidla 1st or 2nd Final
Echunga 1st or 2nd Final
Lobethal Preliminary Final
Balhannah Grand Final

Well that's an interesting rotation policy. Uraidla had 2 finals last season and I don't recall IB or Blackwood hosting a final last year but both did the year before. I thought they would be rotated between clubs bi-annually. I don't understand why these clubs don't stand up for themselves and demand to host a final ( IB can host at another venue as they did 2 years ago). There's a $5k plus windfall from doing it.

I love the Ironbank footy club, and we always have good games against them. However if you want a final, why not spend some money on fixing the oval for the teams to play on? Money spent on Hitchcock Devisser and Motlop this year was a waste to finish 3rd last.

Balhannah is given way too many grand finals for a very average surface and a terrible place for viewing when it's packed. Lobey and Handorf are perfect venues.

Mt Lofty would be a great oval to watch a final at as well if it wasn't such a disgrace!! don't understand how that club hasn't fixed it after so many years. Good luck trying to keep a recruit who plays there every second week.

I think the medal will be won by Hughes again.
Paul
Jennings
O'sullivan and Thompson will round out the 5.

Richards from Uraidla a smokey but a very even side always steal each others votes.
TheBull
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Legs Man » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:16 am

Yes it's another bugbear seeing clubs spend little on facilities and lots on recruits.
While these clubs are gifted finals AKA Mt Barker last year it provides no leverage to enforce spending on their facilities.
It is always going to be this way while the board seems to be swayed into making these fixture decisions.
You only have to look at the ludicrous finals draw this year to see this first hand - then to add insult to injury the 2 week break within the finals series which shows one of the worst lack of foresight situations I have ever witnessed.
I am not professing to have all the answers - albeit that is a point of view by many - but blind Freddy could see that manipulating the draw mid season with a split round or enforcing an extra bye in Div 2 would have solved the problem.
Remember that Div 1 is the supposed pinnacle of Hills football and as such should be provided with a normal finals series across the normal timeframe.
Must admit though when it comes to the HFL normal is now becoming highly questionable.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby chopper7 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:09 am

Legs Man wrote:Yes it's another bugbear seeing clubs spend little on facilities and lots on recruits.
While these clubs are gifted finals AKA Mt Barker last year it provides no leverage to enforce spending on their facilities.
It is always going to be this way while the board seems to be swayed into making these fixture decisions.
You only have to look at the ludicrous finals draw this year to see this first hand - then to add insult to injury the 2 week break within the finals series which shows one of the worst lack of foresight situations I have ever witnessed.
I am not professing to have all the answers - albeit that is a point of view by many - but blind Freddy could see that manipulating the draw mid season with a split round or enforcing an extra bye in Div 2 would have solved the problem.
Remember that Div 1 is the supposed pinnacle of Hills football and as such should be provided with a normal finals series across the normal timeframe.
Must admit though when it comes to the HFL normal is now becoming highly questionable.

Legs, there was actually a special meeting about 2 months back to decide a spilt round which would have happened over the past 2 weeks. Guess what though, the clubs voted it out straight away and weren't interested. You can see the board tried only to be knocked back again.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:41 am

I cant think of a reason why the clubs wouldn't want to have changed the finals structure.
does anyone know of the reasons given??

as far as the medal...
scott paul has been outstanding for Hahndorf.
Thompson from blackwood has been brilliant.
Lindsay from Echunga must be polling votes...
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:32 am

chopper7 wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Yes it's another bugbear seeing clubs spend little on facilities and lots on recruits.

Legs, there was actually a special meeting about 2 months back to decide a spilt round which would have happened over the past 2 weeks. Guess what though, the clubs voted it out straight away and weren't interested. You can see the board tried only to be knocked back again.

Correct & I've said that before on here. Don't let the truth get in the way of having yet another dig at the board though. :roll:
cracka
Veteran

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:44 am

anyone else got tips for the medal??
and b&f's at the respective clubs?
lovethefooty
Rookie