HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:58 pm

legs man, I drove past mt barker sunday and from the road at least it looked ok...I wouldn't say it looked great, but ok!!
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Sniper » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:56 pm

lovethefooty wrote:I thought I would throw these two questions out there.
is anyone surprised with the results from Saturday??
extension question
is anyone surprised with the teams that finished in the top 5?

With TV up at 1/2 time over Echunga, Uraidla were going to finish minor premier win, lose or draw against Loby.... Under this circumstance not surprising to see Loby kick on for an easy win and in the process end MtBarkers season (which appeared to please a number of people from right across the hills !)
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby running defender » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:34 pm

Mt barker oval looked like it had been rolled , won't want any rain before sat.
Didn't surprise me Hahndorf were big improvers with players like Hanby, Hourigan, Wittwer, hankin and all the boys that went overseas last year back for a full year. A.N.Jarmen a waste of money but without him they don't have Motlop, Hitchcock and De Visser and finish further down the ladder.
Onkas finished bottom of the relagation table but a lot of water to go under the bridge, to many rumours going around to know what's going on.
Big meeting at HFL house tonight about salary cap and points , a lot of thought needs to be put into this, this could dissolve some clubs if they can't recruit.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby always there » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:30 pm

Sniper wrote:
lovethefooty wrote:I thought I would throw these two questions out there.
is anyone surprised with the results from Saturday??
extension question
is anyone surprised with the teams that finished in the top 5?

With TV up at 1/2 time over Echunga, Uraidla were going to finish minor premier win, lose or draw against Loby.... Under this circumstance not surprising to see Loby kick on for an easy win and in the process end MtBarkers season (which appeared to please a number of people from right across the hills !)

What are you suggesting Sniper? Lobethal played very well and deserved the big win. Uraidla did not stop trying.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby WindyHill » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:48 am

Any ideas where the second semi will be played if Echunga win this weekend?
WindyHill
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:12 am

not sure where the semi will be played, but lets get some tips for this weekends matches.
of course I am biased but I am tipping Hahndorf to win.
hard to see Echunga getting over tv after last week, although a week is a long time in footy!!!
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby citycoaster17 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:42 am

Would Carey be playing this week?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:07 am

wayne or luke???
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:53 pm

lovethefooty wrote:wayne or luke???

Luke was Echunga's best last week and hopefully is playing again for the 1st final.

Wayne is working in the media and TV would need to have him cleared via a permit for him to play - which is possible going on previous occasions when this has occurred
Does he also have a brother at TV or possibly returning to the area after being away?
Undoubtedly his fee wouldn't come into consideration though :lol:

Bet he won't find Mt Barker the best oval to commence his Hills footy career on either but may present a problem for Echunga's defence.
How the HFL can let this occur is beyond me :shock:
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby chopper7 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:37 pm

What is th number of games that a player needs to play throughout the year to qualify for finals?

Also how Luke Carey can play is beyond me, he has played roughly 14-15 league games this year for the Crows and then can just come back down... What a joke. Soon clubs will be just recruiting crows top up players, qualifying them for finals and giving them a game when the finals starts.

Should be a couple of ripping games this weekend either way.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby running defender » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:45 pm

He's our player anyway , the crows just borrowed him from us, just like Wittwer and spencley.
What happen at the meeting Monday night ?
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:09 pm

running defender wrote:He's our player anyway , the crows just borrowed him from us, just like Wittwer and spencley.
What happen at the meeting Monday night ?

I haven't agreed with Echunga much recently but on this issue I do.

Luke Carey is a registered Echunga player who has been given a permit to play in the SANFL (just like most of the hills based SANFL U18 players). To be eligible to play in the HFL he must play at least 4 games during the minor round for Echunga (which he has).

I think the only reason he wont play for Echunga against TV will be if the Crows pick him to play in the SANFL this weekend.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Yellow & Black » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:45 pm

I agree Carey deserves his spot in Echungas team if he's available.

I'd be interested to hear opinions on this years Coaches:

IRONBANK - The Jarman exercise clearly hasn't worked out as expected, or has it in the eyes of Ironbank?

ONKAS - McGahey led the club to the spoon and ultimately club relegation, they seemed confident at the start of the year. I know injuries played a part but all clubs have injury dramas.

MT BARKER - Block got the boys going late, but did it take too long to apply his game plan? A wasted year with both senior teams missing Finals...

BLACKWOOD - Seemed to assemble a handy side but still missed. However don't follow them enough to really pass comment. Can only assume Dave Benson would be too pleased...
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:I agree Carey deserves his spot in Echungas team if he's available.

I'd be interested to hear opinions on this years Coaches:

IRONBANK - The Jarman exercise clearly hasn't worked out as expected, or has it in the eyes of Ironbank?

ONKAS - McGahey led the club to the spoon and ultimately club relegation, they seemed confident at the start of the year. I know injuries played a part but all clubs have injury dramas.

MT BARKER - Block got the boys going late, but did it take too long to apply his game plan? A wasted year with both senior teams missing Finals...

BLACKWOOD - Seemed to assemble a handy side but still missed. However don't follow them enough to really pass comment. Can only assume Dave Benson would be too pleased...

As an Ironbank person and talking to a few of the lads the majority liked Jars and he did get us playing some good footy but it all went to shit after the lofty in round 11. He won't be going around in 2016 however which was his own choice. In all honesty he didn't have the cattle and everyone will say Devisser, Hitchcock and Motlop (who barely played due to injury) were there but almost all of the rest of the team is local other than young Baker and Harrison (who only played a handful of games) and look at the teams with that many local's playing in their team that ended up in the top 3. We lack depth and are by far the smallest side in the competition plus our awful track record of keeping recruits has hurt as all the good sides keep their recruits for long periods of time like TV, Echunga and Uri's have done.

Mcgahey has been sacked from the Doggies, which surprised me as he doesn't' really have the cattle either and had a horrid run with injuries but they must some fair reasons.

Block will be fine and they will be the team to beat next year with some key players back that barely or didn't play this year to add to the form they showed for the last 8 weeks.

It's incredible for a town as big as Blackwood not to have won an A grade flag in 25 years, they have plenty of young talent and it's hard to explain why they aren't better then what they are.

Anyway to the finals good luck to all teams and I'm hoping to see Lobe or Hahndorf to come from the elimination final to win it like Echunga did last year.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby batmanbegins » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:57 pm

Fair turn around from last week with Echunga way to good today beating TV by around 50.

Tip for tomorrow is Lobethal by 2 goals in the Dry weather on a nice big deck they are hard to beat. Should be a cracker though.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby saintal » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Hahndorf by 5 goals over Lobey.

Not a good day for the Tigers, also losing the Bs, SC and JC by slender margins.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:56 pm

you gotta feel for Lobethal getting all teams into the finals and them all losing.
it is a good effort to have all teams playing finals though!!

interesting results in the two games.
Echunga looked pretty strong against torrens valley with more firepower!
Hahndorf played some really good football to control the game most of the day against lobey.

was very impressed with Jenkins from lobey. he is a very good player!!!
but the Hahndorf mids were outstanding too, and their forward line has plenty of firepower.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Yellow & Black » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:50 pm

Devastating day for the Tigers across all 4 grades. The boys were hurting last night. The Jenkin boys have been enormous and will only get better. We still have a young developing squad and are looking forward to 2016. Hopefully the HFL implements the $3k salary cap which will only help our cause by bringing some big spending clubs back to the pack and enhance our chance at success.

The Maggies looked really good yesterday, I can see them going all the way.
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Sniper » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:08 pm

A summary for followers around the state ...... This saturday will see Uraidla v Echunga in the 2nd Semi on the wide expanses of the Lobethal Oval. The winner has a 3 week rest until the grand final.

The 1st Semi between Torrens Valley v Hahndorf is being played the following Saturday (At Echunga ?).
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby Rubber Chest » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:47 pm

Sniper wrote:A summary for followers around the state ...... This saturday will see Uraidla v Echunga in the 2nd Semi on the wide expanses of the Lobethal Oval. The winner has a 3 week rest until the grand final.

The 1st Semi between Torrens Valley v Hahndorf is being played the following Saturday (At Echunga ?).

I think the plan is to hold the 1st semi final at the loser of the second semi finals ground (Uraidla/Echunga). And the prelim will be at the winners ground (Echunga or Uraidla) as the winner goes straight through to the GF.

Grand Final at Balhannah.
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy