HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Tanka » Tue May 28, 2019 11:28 am

scottroo wrote:Ant truth Ben Davis wants out of nairne?

Doesn't he have a pending clearance to RMFL??
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby wazzal77 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Decided to travel to Hahndorf to see uri take them on.

It was an intense game, Hahndorf eventually too good but Uri played them well

From an independent view, the umpiring dished up was 3rd rate. An umpire shouldn’t be a focus point. They must have been having a bad week at work or home.

For a potential top of the table clash it was disappointing. Both teams should be disappointed. I will be keen to see to the replay.

Question: does the umpires coach and league look at the replays and provide feedback?
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Toto » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:06 pm

Problem with that is Mick Taylor the umpires coach is the worst of the lot!
Thinks people are there to watch him blow his whistle, I agree with the umpiring in this comp as of late. It’s ordinary at best!
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Toto » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Having a chat with a group of RMFL supporters at Hahndorf on Saturday about their opinion on which league is the strongest in country footy, and every one of them were of the opinion “River Murray is the best league outside SANFL”. Now I know both sides could have fielded stronger interleague teams, as you could argue the case for every year. But Hills Div 1 has touched them up every time I’ve seem them play against one another. I was always of the opinion Div1 HFL and GSFL would be the strongest country leagues. But I guess it depends on who you ask?
Would love some opinions on this
Toto
Under 16s

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Toto wrote:Having a chat with a group of RMFL supporters at Hahndorf on Saturday about their opinion on which league is the strongest in country footy, and every one of them were of the opinion “River Murray is the best league outside SANFL”. Now I know both sides could have fielded stronger interleague teams, as you could argue the case for every year. But Hills Div 1 has touched them up every time I’ve seem them play against one another. I was always of the opinion Div1 HFL and GSFL would be the strongest country leagues. But I guess it depends on who you ask?
Would love some opinions on this

Theres always bias in this. Hills div 1 is better then rmfl though, they have similar star talent but the depth in the hills is much better. It would be hills, gsfl and barossa footy leauge that would be the best comps out of the country comps, in what order im not sure but I'd say hahndorf would be the best country team going around.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

so at the halfway point of the year is it pretty much Hahndorf by how much? In both grades as it seems. Is there anyone that can give them a shake?
Sideshow Bob
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby cracka » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:so at the halfway point of the year is it pretty much Hahndorf by how much? In both grades as it seems. Is there anyone that can give them a shake?

No
Will find out this weekend if its a C grade flag for them as well. They take on our C's (the only other undefeated side in the comp) Saturday night. I think our boys will be in for a shock as they've done it fairly easy so far.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby BurntToast » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:so at the halfway point of the year is it pretty much Hahndorf by how much? In both grades as it seems. Is there anyone that can give them a shake?

Maybe Uraidla? They played well against them when they met a couple of weeks ago, and the Demons look a very solid unit when we came up against them. They would need to lift to extra level though.

What makes Hahndorf such a dominant side isn't their elite core, its the next echelon of players that are nothing short of pure quality as well. Incredibility well skilled and drilled team. Clinical in every aspect of the game.
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby saintal » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Hahndorf's current % of 78 is ridiculously high for Division 1. Other than maybe Uraidla wearing them down in a low-scoring scrap, it's hard to see them being toppled. But you never know..

Speaking of %, Mt Barker U14s have scored 622 points and conceded just 24 - fair effort.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby BurntToast » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Onka Valley are in some real good form, are they contenders or got some sides on bad days. Made us look second rate in the wet a couple weeks back.

Would love to see someone knock Hahndorf off and Onka Valley have them this week. Should be a cracking contest.
BurntToast

Postby Spiderman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:27 am

No doubt onkas in some form but first three quarters against lobey on the weekend they looked the worst side so still can’t see them getting close to Hahndorf... unfortunately everyone is playing for second
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby cracka » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:17 am

It will take an extraordinary effort for anyone to knock off Hahndorf this year.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:31 pm

The Onkas score against Hahndorf indicates it was close, but on watching the replay Hahndorf were 4 goals up and Onkas kicked 2 x late goals to make it look close. Wasnt much of a spectacle, in close with lots of ball ups. The race for making the finals is heating up, Mt Barker or Onkas in prime spot for finishing 2nd/3rd, but as for the rest who knows. Could be any of Uri, Blackwood, Echunga and Mt Lofty for the last 2 spots.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Spiderman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:07 pm

Another crazy game at Lobethal this afternoon with them running all over Blackwood with a 38pt win... playing a lot better then the ladder shows and finally got some reward
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Windbag » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:20 pm

I assume Spiderman that Blackwood are in poor form, were the conditions poor ? Did The Woods have players out??
Windbag
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby Crowbaby » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Quick question
I have been going to a few HFL Div 1 games this season and am wondering how the Inter League teams are selected?
Is it the best players from each team or are the players nominated by clubs?
Do they have a panel which selects the side?
Crowbaby
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:16 pm

So finals time... Any surprises going to happen or is Hahndorf too strong in both grades?
Sideshow Bob
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby BurntToast » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:So finals time... Any surprises going to happen or is Hahndorf too strong in both grades?

Hahndorf easily in the A grade.

Uraidla in the B grade to go back to back.
BurntToast

Postby Toto » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 pm

Who does everyone think wins the mail medal?
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Barkeroo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Anyone reckon Hahndorf are any chance of getting knocked off this week? Hard to see it happening personally.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy