HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby SecretInformant » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:23 am

cracka wrote:Whats the rules about senior colts qualifying for finals. Uraidla had a player who only played 2 minor round games for them & the rest of the season he played for Sturt.

If you're a junior you can drop back to your junior grade for finals, even if you haven't play a game their all season. Aslong as you've played 4 club games you've qualified. If you do your research he played on 21 April, 12 May, 2 June, 30 June and 11 August.
SecretInformant

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Toto » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:01 am

I know asking this question on here might bring a completely biased group of answers, but I’m everyone’s honest opinion;

What is the best standard of COUNTRY football in SA?
And who do you think is the best side in country footy SA?

I’ve seen a lot of the RMFL, GSFL and HFL(Div 1 obviously), and would say all 3 of those leagues would be very close for mine.
On a whole league strength, I would lean towards HFL Div 1. The other two leagues bottom sides drop off more than Central div from what I have seen.

For a best side, Langhorne Creek won the GSFL flag yesterday, but Mt Compass have been dominant there for 3-4 years now.
So would say Compass/Hahndorf very close, and an outsider in Waikerie from the RFL in MY opinion would be the best 3 sides in country footy SA.
Interested to hear everyone else’s opinion on this as I know there’s always debate about it!

Would love to see a premier league knockout comp with the premier team from each comp play off for the title(obviously the season can’t go forever though :( )
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby redsox » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:21 am

Toto wrote:I know asking this question on here might bring a completely biased group of answers, but I’m everyone’s honest opinion;

What is the best standard of COUNTRY football in SA?
And who do you think is the best side in country footy SA?

I’ve seen a lot of the RMFL, GSFL and HFL(Div 1 obviously), and would say all 3 of those leagues would be very close for mine.
On a whole league strength, I would lean towards HFL Div 1. The other two leagues bottom sides drop off more than Central div from what I have seen.

For a best side, Langhorne Creek won the GSFL flag yesterday, but Mt Compass have been dominant there for 3-4 years now.
So would say Compass/Hahndorf very close, and an outsider in Waikerie from the RFL in MY opinion would be the best 3 sides in country footy SA.
Interested to hear everyone else’s opinion on this as I know there’s always debate about it!

Would love to see a premier league knockout comp with the premier team from each comp play off for the title(obviously the season can’t go forever though :( )

You might see a big drop off next season in HFL Div 1 with Nairne coming up to keep their juniors happy.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Toto » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Don’t believe the question was about Nairne
Toto
Under 16s

Postby BurntToast » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:13 pm

If you asked me this 4 or even 2 years ago I would have said HFL Div 1 by a mile. Not so much now, but I think its still a very elite competition for amateurs. Its on the same level as the higher echelons of SAAFL football. GSFL and RMFL aren't to far behind, but from I have seen just don't have the depth of the HFL

For sustained success I don't think you can look past Hahndorf. They are going to be very competitive for a long time now, their junior program is second to none.
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:03 pm

So I see Onkas have started recruiting already. any other play movement whispers around the league? and thoughts on Nairne coming up to Div 1?
Sideshow Bob
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby insideword1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:45 am

Chad O'Sullivan announced as coach of Echunga, potential player coach?
Herd whispers of Giadresco to Uraidler
insideword1
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby cracka » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:So I see Onkas have started recruiting already. any other play movement whispers around the league? and thoughts on Nairne coming up to Div 1?

We need to after last year pretty much just going with mainly former juniors bar 2 or 3. Pretty sure we're getting a couple more former juniors back from Norwood & Matt Fuller (originally from Lobethal I think)
Nairne coming to div 1is a good thing IMO & will be better for them in the long run. Their seniors might struggle but the main reason for coming up is to have all grades playing at the same ground each week. Only issue is we have a bye in both divs again which is a pain early in the season with long weekends, association games & the ridiculous compulsory weekend off for the country champs
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:35 am

BurntToast wrote:If you asked me this 4 or even 2 years ago I would have said HFL Div 1 by a mile. Not so much now, but I think its still a very elite competition for amateurs. Its on the same level as the higher echelons of SAAFL football. GSFL and RMFL aren't to far behind, but from I have seen just don't have the depth of the HFL

For sustained success I don't think you can look past Hahndorf. They are going to be very competitive for a long time now, their junior program is second to none.

Was thinking of this the other day & they have done really well with sons of legends from other clubs. Schoell (Onkas), Hough (Nairne), Boers & Trenorden (Uraidla), Kleeman (Lobethal), Nykamp (Mt Barker/Nairne), might be more that I've missed. Plus now the sons of their own legends from their dominant 90's era are coming through. Will be seeing them at the pointy end of the season for a while.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Tanka » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:02 pm

cracka wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:So I see Onkas have started recruiting already. any other play movement whispers around the league? and thoughts on Nairne coming up to Div 1?

We need to after last year pretty much just going with mainly former juniors bar 2 or 3. Pretty sure we're getting a couple more former juniors back from Norwood & Matt Fuller (originally from Lobethal I think)
Nairne coming to div 1is a good thing IMO & will be better for them in the long run. Their seniors might struggle but the main reason for coming up is to have all grades playing at the same ground each week. Only issue is we have a bye in both divs again which is a pain early in the season with long weekends, association games & the ridiculous compulsory weekend off for the country champs

Fuller to Lobethal.... Jeffries, Webber? and Kirwin? to Onkas
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times

Postby cracka » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Tanka wrote:
cracka wrote:

Fuller to Lobethal.... Jeffries, Webber? and Kirwin? to Onkas

Whoops. Yes its Webber, not Fuller joining us along with Jefferies & hoping to talk Kirwin out of retirement
cracka
Veteran

Postby Buddys wife » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:41 pm

hoping to talk Kirwin out of retirement[/quote]

Don’t reckon there’s much chance of that. Think he’s enjoying his mountain biking to much
Buddys wife

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Toto » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:35 am

There’s some serious quality returning to the HFL next season!!
Toto
Under 16s

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:46 am

Toto wrote:There’s some serious quality returning to the HFL next season!!

WHO?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby The Cloak » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:55 am

shoe boy wrote:

WHO?

Flagstaff Hill & Happy Valley ..... or is that going to happen in season 2020 ?
The Cloak
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Coober Pedy

Postby Tanka » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:01 pm

A carload from across the border??
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times

Postby carey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:56 am

shoe boy wrote:

WHO?

He doesn’t actually know it’s a bullshit statement on TOTO’s assumptions

Total ass
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Toto » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:57 pm

I meant the boys coming from a dominant Nordwood league side back to the HFL.
I wasn’t being mysterious
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:05 pm

carey wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

WHO?

He doesn’t actually know it’s a bullshit statement on TOTO’s assumptions

Total ass

Red tin post.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spiderman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Hearing Gotch, Durdin and Aish all gone to yank, not good for echunga......
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy