HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:45 am

caleb777 wrote:
doubletrouble wrote:
caleb777 wrote:Who could Lobey merge with?

Birdwood? Gumeracha?

They should merge with Gumeracha, Birdwood and Kersbrook

Northern Knights or something like that would be great. GBKL or some order of names is too wordy.

Gumeracha to their credit have been very successful the last few years.

A better idea would be to de-merge Woodside from Onkas and then, with Lobey, we could have a 6-team Torrens Valley league.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby Toto » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:47 am

Any news on recruits for the comp? The grand finalists are both very tight lipped on what’s going on if they have anything incoming. Hourigan is the biggest out you can have in country footy, be interested to see how Nairne go covering 100 goals. Think Hahndorf will start favourites, Lofty and Nairne the next couple and I think Onkas and Mount Barker will return to the 5.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby marbles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:46 am

What are the teams this year in this div
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Toto » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:23 pm

Nairne, Hahndorf, Uraidla, Mount Lofty, Onkas, Blackwood, Mount Barker, Lobethal, Echunga.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Buckets » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:59 am

Toto wrote:Any news on recruits for the comp? The grand finalists are both very tight lipped on what’s going on if they have anything incoming. Hourigan is the biggest out you can have in country footy, be interested to see how Nairne go covering 100 goals. Think Hahndorf will start favourites, Lofty and Nairne the next couple and I think Onkas and Mount Barker will return to the 5.

Uraidla have picked up gun onballer Frank Timpano from the ammo's. Won a couple of association medals over the last few years. Very handy inclusion.
Buckets
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:10 am

Echunga given no favours with the 2 Grand Finalists in first 2 rounds after sitting out the bye in R1, good chance to see if they have improved though.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Toto » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:49 am

Personally I think you’re a better chance to pinch one of them before they start rolling if you play them up front. Got to play them both regardless! I never read much into our draws. Everyone plays everyone twice, only issues for me was getting Bridgey or Uraidla mid year!!!

I think it’ll be a more even comp this year. Hahndorf and Nairne were 10+ goals better than everyone last year. They’ll both come back a little IMO.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:56 am

Toto wrote:Any news on recruits for the comp? The grand finalists are both very tight lipped on what’s going on if they have anything incoming. Hourigan is the biggest out you can have in country footy, be interested to see how Nairne go covering 100 goals. Think Hahndorf will start favourites, Lofty and Nairne the next couple and I think Onkas and Mount Barker will return to the 5.

Riley Clamp to Hahndorf is a massive get. Has committed to a full season and isn’t returning to the Adelaide Crows this season.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Password Please » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:45 pm

Buckets wrote:

Uraidla have picked up gun onballer Frank Timpano from the ammo's. Won a couple of association medals over the last few years. Very handy inclusion.

WOW, super lad and get the latest odds on the association medal, load up now.
Would like a reply apart from the usual $$$$$$$, but how was that secured ?
Does he live up that way now ?
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Toto » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:42 pm

Who is he? HFL D1 is the gun footballers graveyard. I’ve seen it countless times. Come up here as a big name and get bashed up by the inside mids like Callins, Williams, Bampton etc. They have lost 2 of their best in Taylor and Thomas and have heard Terlich is no guarantee to stay so they’d have cash to spend.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Yank Man » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:26 pm

Toto wrote:Who is he? HFL D1 is the gun footballers graveyard. I’ve seen it countless times. Come up here as a big name and get bashed up by the inside mids like Callins, Williams, Bampton etc. They have lost 2 of their best in Taylor and Thomas and have heard Terlich is no guarantee to stay so they’d have cash to spend.

Firstly I’ve seen him close up over the last 5 years. It needs to be said that he is a fantastic young man, a gun? maybe in Div 4 of the Ammo’s. He’s leaving a club he’s spent nearly all his life at but have lost 12 of their best players already this year. He will be very competitive but frankly, I’d be surprised if he was in the top 10 mids in the strong Hills comp. He finds the footy and has a lethal left foot so I hope it works for him.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Toto » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:50 am

Thanks Yank man. I’m sure he will be a great addition but I agree. If he’s come from div 4 or 5 ammo’s he’s going to have a hell of a lot more competition in HFL D1.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Newkid » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:52 pm

Where has hourigan gone??
Newkid
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby caleb777 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:33 pm

Newkid wrote:

Swan Hill i heard.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:36 pm

caleb777 wrote:
Newkid wrote:

Swan Hill i heard.

Mallee Eagles in the Central Murray football league
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Been liked: 23 times

Postby caleb777 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:15 am

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 7.12.37 am.png
Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 7.12.37 am.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 2511 times

Yep, Mallee Eagles.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Toto » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:14 am

Yep massive loss for the rams. Wonder who will take the goal kicking now Darcy isn’t sitting in his seat. My tip is Bots Houlahan if he stays on the park all year.

Very quiet on here, any goss on ins and outs? Carmody out for Lofty? Nairne lost heaps??? Hahndorf lost 3-4 key position players as well. Sounds like the comp will be super even!
Toto
Under 16s

Postby wenchbarwer » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:03 am

Toto wrote:Yep massive loss for the rams. Wonder who will take the goal kicking now Darcy isn’t sitting in his seat. My tip is Bots Houlahan if he stays on the park all year.

Very quiet on here, any goss on ins and outs? Carmody out for Lofty? Nairne lost heaps??? Hahndorf lost 3-4 key position players as well. Sounds like the comp will be super even!

Carmody got named in the Glenelg league trial side last weekend
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby cracka » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:48 am

Toto wrote:Yep massive loss for the rams. Wonder who will take the goal kicking now Darcy isn’t sitting in his seat. My tip is Bots Houlahan if he stays on the park all year.

From the HFLupdate Facebook page

Nairne Bremer: Ins: D Hill, Woolard, Gamma, Revington Smits Outs: Hourigan, Jaensch, Hollow, Willis

Hahndorf: Ins Clamp, Linde, ex crow? Outs: Roberts x 2, Purling, Babidge

Mount Lofty: Ins: Nielsen, Bennier Out: Carmody

Uraidla: Ins: Timpano, Outs: Thomas, Taylor, Clarke

Blackwood: Ins: Baldissera, Johnsen, Dunn, Bailey, Outs: McCormick, Van den berg, Venning

Onkas: Ins: Smart, Carter, Cowling, McDonough, Bezzina, Verbena Lines Outs: Gamma

Mount Barker: Ins: Cockshell, Outs: Dimasi

Lobethal: Ins: Munn, Centarena

Echunga: Ins Turner, Victorian Ruckman, Goolwa forward
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Toto » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Assume most clubs would have had trials today, any reports?

Barker played Barossa districts, Onkas encounter bay that I know of.
Toto
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy