HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby BurntToast » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:05 pm

Toto wrote:With the season not far away what are everyone’s predictions?

Hahndorf
Blackwood
Uraidla
Mount Barker
Echunga

Lobethal
Mount Lofty
Onkaparinga Valley
Nairne

Mail Medal- Dylan Matsen
Goal Kicking- Darcy Hourigan.
Sadly think Hahndorf are going to be very hard to stop. Happy to be proved wrong

1 .Hahndorf
2. Mt Barker
3. Blackwood
4. Uraidla
5. Mt Lofty
6. Echunga
7. Onka Valley
8. Nairne
9. Lobethal

Mail Medal: Dylan Reinbrecht
Goal Kicking: Darcy Hourigan

Hanhdorf look incredibly strong again, Mt Barker I think may be a genuine contender with ins they have this year. Onka Valley are my smokey, if they can get all their players on the park the might rattle a few cages.
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby insideword1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:17 am

1 .Hahndorf
2. Uraidla
3. Blackwood
4. Mt Barker
5. Echunga
6. Mt Lofty
7. Onka Valley
8. Nairne
9. Lobethal

Mail Medal: Nick Amato
insideword1
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:37 am

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Nine team comp in 2019?

Yes Nairne-Bremer have come up from Div 2 so also making that 9 as well

I thought it was 9 last year, probably was before TV dropped out Im guessing.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby magpiemaster » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:48 pm

BurntToast wrote:
Toto wrote:With the season not far away what are everyone’s predictions?

Hahndorf
Blackwood
Uraidla
Mount Barker
Echunga

Lobethal
Mount Lofty
Onkaparinga Valley
Nairne

Mail Medal- Dylan Matsen
Goal Kicking- Darcy Hourigan.
Sadly think Hahndorf are going to be very hard to stop. Happy to be proved wrong

1 .Hahndorf
2. Mt Barker
3. Blackwood
4. Uraidla
5. Mt Lofty
6. Echunga
7. Onka Valley
8. Nairne
9. Lobethal

Mail Medal: Dylan Reinbrecht

Hanhdorf look incredibly strong again, Mt Barker I think may be a genuine contender with ins they have this year. Onka Valley are my smokey, if they can get all their players on the park the might rattle a few cages.

Who have the Roo's ended up with?
magpiemaster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:

TV dropped down to Div 2 last year so made Div 1 - 8 and Div 2 - 10
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby BurntToast » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:41 pm

magpiemaster wrote:
Who have the Roo's ended up with?

Brad Wakefield, Caine Jinnete, Luke Andruszkiewicz and Marshal Howe.
BurntToast

Postby Benchwarmer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Hahndorf
Mt Barker
Blackwood
Uraidla
Echunga

Mt Lofty
Onka Valley
Nairne
Lobethal
Benchwarmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:56 pm

By all means may be rumour mungering, but heard that Echunga having difficulty fielding the colts/juniors teams required to stay in Div 1 and Div 2 may be an alternative. Totally false on both parts or some truths?
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby B&F » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Not the only one if rumours are true... hearing Mt Barker with a population several times of the smaller clubs is struggling to fill their 18s this year...
B&F

Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Wow, Aussie Rules footy is in a bit of strife then isnt it..?
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Toto » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:22 pm

Does that say more about Mount Barker as a football club than it does the sport as a whole?
Half an hour further from the city than Mount Barker, Of similar size, has 2 very strong clubs that would be comfortable in Division 1 from seniors down, in Imperials and Ramblers in Murray Bridge. Mount Barker are well and truly spoilt. How they can’t get 22 or so kids
In an under 18 bracket is gob smacking.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby kikittome » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:01 am

If you look at the junior comp as a whole. There are 9 Div 2 Teams yet only 4 sides in each of the U14,U16 and U18 comps.
Mt Barker have the largest population, but also feed other clubs like Nairne, Hahndorf and other close by clubs.
There are other Div 1 clubs who are struggling for numbers in all grades, some may not field sides in grades. Remember Nairne, now in Div 1 couldn't field an U18 team last year.

The HFL have a massive amount to answer for here. Their ignorance and arrogance is seeing the sport, and in turn clubs on their knees, What will happen in 2 years or 5 years time for those clubs that cant field junior teams? To date, the HFL is providing nothing more than lip service to the clubs and do not have any form of strategy going forward, except to try to flog products from their major sponsor.
kikittome
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby Raise the Bar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:52 am

I find it interesting that the HFL Board are responsible for all the wrong doings in the league and anything that is positive or going well is the clubs doing.
Fact- 12 years ago every club in Div 1 and 2 filled every grade and in fact Div 2 senior colts top teams were as good as the top div 1 clubs.
Fact- Associations around the state have all experienced decline in playing numbers in male teams, this includes SFL and GSFL.
Fact- The potential players of our HFL have plenty of other options than playing football including working Saturday or sitting on their butts and playing Fortnite.
So rather than sledge the HFL admin who are voluntary lets look at trying to remedy the problem.
Maybe some juniors on Sunday? One division for all juniors? Modified numbers on the field?
It is surely a clubs responsibility to attract juniors and more importantly keep them.
Raise the Bar
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby shoe boy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:56 am

Raise the Bar wrote:I find it interesting that the HFL Board are responsible for all the wrong doings in the league and anything that is positive or going well is the clubs doing.
Fact- 12 years ago every club in Div 1 and 2 filled every grade and in fact Div 2 senior colts top teams were as good as the top div 1 clubs.
Fact- Associations around the state have all experienced decline in playing numbers in male teams, this includes SFL and GSFL.
Fact- The potential players of our HFL have plenty of other options than playing football including working Saturday or sitting on their butts and playing Fortnite.
So rather than sledge the HFL admin who are voluntary lets look at trying to remedy the problem.
Maybe some juniors on Sunday? One division for all juniors? Modified numbers on the field?
It is surely a clubs responsibility to attract juniors and more importantly keep them.

Do you believe the Community Football League (SANFL) have a role to play ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Raise the Bar wrote:I find it interesting that the HFL Board are responsible for all the wrong doings in the league and anything that is positive or going well is the clubs doing.

I agree with the onus should be on the clubs. Look at what your club does as en example they have a tremendous junior program compared to say Barker who should really be the dominant Junior club but tend to just rely on there population size. My main argument with Juniors was why make Div 2 Under14s, 16s & 18s, these are small towns that will always struggle to fill those numbers. Maybe if it was Under 12s, 15s & 18s teams would have better numbers in Div 2, i know the worry about the big age difference between the youngest kid and oldest but honestly that already happens now with kids playing 2 grades to help there undermanned teams.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby ol man emu » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:27 am

Dutchy wrote:

How doe's the nine program work with a 9 team compertition.
In the SFL we have 9 teams.
We play 16 games and have 5 weekends of, 2 byes, Easter, Queens birthday and country championships.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:17 am

ol man emu wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

How doe's the nine program work with a 9 team compertition.
In the SFL we have 9 teams.
We play 16 games and have 5 weekends of, 2 byes, Easter, Queens birthday and country championships.

Yep, same as HFL.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby BurntToast » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:32 am

Talking about the colts competition, does anyone have any ideas on resolving the distinct lack of numbers, particularly in Div 2? It seems to be a mixture of an anomaly in the numbers currently between 14 - 18. The numbers below that look very strong. I also feel that there is an over abundance of clubs in regards to population.
BurntToast

Postby Barkeroo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:53 am

That Under 18s grade seems to be struggling for numbers all over Australia at the moment. I've seen facebook posts from some clubs over in Vic offering free Xbox's to any new kids that sign up to play! Cant totally think of Mt Barker as a one club town because a lot of people live there and play for other nearby clubs but yeah we also 100% shouldnt struggle to fill any grades.

I live in WA now and the league I play in all clubs fill every team except for the U18 grade where only 5 of the 8 clubs have a team and even those who do have a team are borrowing players from the U15s to fill the team. So I don't know if it's just kids those ages would rather be doing other stuff these days but something needs to be done across the board to get them back in to footy I think.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby cracka » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:23 am

Barkeroo wrote:That Under 18s grade seems to be struggling for numbers all over Australia at the moment. I've seen facebook posts from some clubs over in Vic offering free Xbox's to any new kids that sign up to play! Cant totally think of Mt Barker as a one club town because a lot of people live there and play for other nearby clubs but yeah we also 100% shouldnt struggle to fill any grades.

I live in WA now and the league I play in all clubs fill every team except for the U18 grade where only 5 of the 8 clubs have a team and even those who do have a team are borrowing players from the U15s to fill the team. So I don't know if it's just kids those ages would rather be doing other stuff these days but something needs to be done across the board to get them back in to footy I think.

A lot of kids are now working from that age group too & cant afford to get injured. My son broke his leg last year in the last game of the season & it ended up costing him about $12k in lost income. He's not playing this year because he has a contract with a downhill mountain biking team that doesn't allow him to play but he wasn't going to play this year anyway because of his broken leg & losing money.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy