Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:36 pm

caleb777 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Image

:shock: wow

That was quarter time of the A's. They played a womens game afterwards too.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:29 pm

cracka wrote:
caleb777 wrote:
:shock: wow

That was quarter time of the A's. They played a womens game afterwards too.

Meh, it's a winter sport
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:Image

Is that from your helicopter @Dutchy?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby BurntToast » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Bit quiet in here seeing as though we are in the middle of finals. I see Uradlia dispatched Mt Barker relatively easily on Saturday, can never over look the northern demons in September and are Mt Barker overrated or in some poor form at the wrong time of the year? Woodies got the W over Echunga on Sunday to, which keeps our season alive and a chance to go back to back still a hope. It was a great game, very free flowing and fast attacking footy. Reinbrecht wasn't sited all game and Anderson relishing playing on a dry deck.

Any rumblings or news from clubs that haven't made finals this year?

I read in the courier that Nairne will be making the step up next year into Div 1 footy. Not sure if its a positive move for the club, they appear to have gone backwards this year on and off the field. Rumors are still persisting about Flagstaff Hill joining the fold, does anyone know if they have indeed approached the HFL hierarchy?
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:40 pm

BurntToast wrote:Bit quiet in here seeing as though we are in the middle of finals. I see Uradlia dispatched Mt Barker relatively easily on Saturday, can never over look the northern demons in September and are Mt Barker overrated or in some poor form at the wrong time of the year? Woodies got the W over Echunga on Sunday to, which keeps our season alive and a chance to go back to back still a hope. It was a great game, very free flowing and fast attacking footy. Reinbrecht wasn't sited all game and Anderson relishing playing on a dry deck.

I read in the courier that Nairne will be making the step up next year into Div 1 footy. Not sure if its a positive move for the club, they appear to have gone backwards this year on and off the field. Rumors are still persisting about Flagstaff Hill joining the fold, does anyone know if they have indeed approached the HFL hierarchy?

@Dutchy?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby cracka » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:09 pm

BurntToast wrote:Bit quiet in here seeing as though we are in the middle of finals. I see Uradlia dispatched Mt Barker relatively easily on Saturday, can never over look the northern demons in September and are Mt Barker overrated or in some poor form at the wrong time of the year? Woodies got the W over Echunga on Sunday to, which keeps our season alive and a chance to go back to back still a hope. It was a great game, very free flowing and fast attacking footy. Reinbrecht wasn't sited all game and Anderson relishing playing on a dry deck.

I'm doubtful its even been talked about by their people. I remember reading on the SFL forum about 5 years ago that you were 100% heading to the SFL. No one at Blackwood knew anything about it though
cracka
Veteran

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:22 pm

Well here we are at the end of the season. Probably not suprising to see Hahndorf in the GF, but didnt think Uraidla would be thier opponent, though it would have been Mt Barker or Blackwood, but Mt Barker went out in straight sets and Blackwood falling at the last hurdle.
Terrific crowd at the prelim final despite the weather.
On GF day there are 4 clubs represented Hahndorf (A, B, 18s, 16s, 14s), Uraidla (A, B, 18s), Blackwood (16s) and Mt Barker (14s). Pretty fair effort for Hahndorf to have 5 teams playing on the day! None of the games I feel are red hot favourites to win, if any maybe Uraidla Reserves? Weather is looking terrific at the moment so it should be a terrific day of football.
My tips are
14s: Mt Barker
16s: Blackwood
18s: Hahndorf
Reserves: Uraidla
As: Hahndorf by 15 points
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:33 pm

wazzal77 wrote:Well here we are at the end of the season. Probably not suprising to see Hahndorf in the GF, but didnt think Uraidla would be thier opponent, though it would have been Mt Barker or Blackwood, but Mt Barker went out in straight sets and Blackwood falling at the last hurdle.
On GF day there are 4 clubs represented Hahndorf (A, B, 18s, 16s, 14s), Uraidla (A, B, 18s), Blackwood (16s) and Mt Barker (14s). Pretty fair effort for Hahndorf to have 5 teams playing on the day! None of the games I feel are red hot favourites to win, if any maybe Uraidla Reserves? Weather is looking terrific at the moment so it should be a terrific day of football.
My tips are

Where is the GF being played - Balhanna?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Keefy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Corona Man wrote:
wazzal77 wrote:Well here we are at the end of the season. Probably not suprising to see Hahndorf in the GF, but didnt think Uraidla would be thier opponent, though it would have been Mt Barker or Blackwood, but Mt Barker went out in straight sets and Blackwood falling at the last hurdle.
My tips are

Where is the GF being played - Balhanna?
Lobethal

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby TheBull » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:42 pm

My tips are

Dorf by 15 Goal. Uri have come from no where.

Got a feeling Dorf win every grade.

Pretty easy to see who the dominant 2 clubs in the comp are. We all have some catching up to do.
TheBull
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby BurntToast » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:19 pm

TheBull wrote:
My tips are

Pretty easy to see who the dominant 2 clubs in the comp are. We all have some catching up to do.

I think Uradlia A grade need a bit more credit then that. They are a well structured and coached side with a enormous amount of finals experience. They pushed Hahndorf a couple of weeks ago, anything can happen on the big Dance.

Uradlia B grade however will win in a canter. By far the best side and to be honest Hahndorf B grade are arguably the poorer side that made the finals.

Can’t speak for the other grades, don’t get to see much of the youngsters.
BurntToast

Postby Corona Man » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:21 pm

I get the feeling that the Hahndorf B grade is a weaker side than they have put out in recent years. To have still made the GF, says more about the other B grade teams than them.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby TheBull » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:24 pm

BurntToast wrote:
TheBull wrote:
My tips are

I think Uradlia A grade need a bit more credit then that. They are a well structured and coached side with a enormous amount of finals experience. They pushed Hahndorf a couple of weeks ago, anything can happen on the big Dance.

Uradlia B grade however will win in a canter. By far the best side and to be honest Hahndorf B grade are arguably the poorer side that made the finals.

Can’t speak for the other grades, don’t get to see much of the youngsters.

Paul Richards into the Uri A grade for Matt Down, should help the Dorf B grade.
TheBull
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:43 pm

Well looks like we are set for great weather tomorrow, little rain the last few days so we should expect perfect conditions at Lobethal oval.
I had also heard that Uris coach Luke Ivens was injured in last weeks game with a hamstring, theres been no mention of that since so assume he is going to line up.
Im expecting 2 possibilities, that it is close for 3 qtrs and then Hahndorf get the chocs with another hallmark last qtr effort. Or the game is nearly over by half time with Hahndorf dominating. There is always the 3rd possibility of Uri winning of course! Anything can happen on GF day.
How many people do we expect a HFL Div 1 Grand Final on a fine day? 3k??
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby BurntToast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Corona Man wrote:I get the feeling that the Hahndorf B grade is a weaker side than they have put out in recent years. To have still made the GF, says more about the other B grade teams than them.

I think that can be said for the competition as a whole, both B grade and A grade. It is certainly weaker then it was 3 or 4 years ago, a lot to do with the introduction of the salary cap.
BurntToast

Postby saintal » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Bs- Uraidla def Hahndorf
18s- Uraidla def Hahndorf
16s- Blackwood def Hahndorf
14s- Mt Barker def Hahndorf
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby DOC » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:47 pm

Uraidla leading Hahndorf in the A's, Surely not 0/5?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby cracka » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:12 pm

Whats the rules about senior colts qualifying for finals. Uraidla had a player who only played 2 minor round games for them & the rest of the season he played for Sturt.
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy