Postby Dutchy » Sun May 07, 2023 12:25 am

Nairne are a serious footy team
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Toto » Sun May 07, 2023 8:37 am

44 scoring shots to 5 is outrageous in Div 1 on a wet day. Anyone on here have any knowledge on Echunga?
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby My2cents » Mon May 08, 2023 12:48 pm

I think Lofty should be top 5, no probs…other than goal kicking! Need Grundy, Miles & their new FF to be at their best.
My2cents
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby saintal » Mon May 08, 2023 12:55 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Toto wrote:Very surprising. Obviously the result against Uraidla wasn’t that outlandish… They looked very good on tv even though the stream quality was a bit dodgy. Lobey did well to shut the game down in the last, it could have been even worse.

Few interesting results this week!
Barker were up all day I hear and Blackwood came home with a wet sail? To be expected coming off a 4 day break and a long injury list for the Roos, they’re still having a crack.
Onkas beat Lofty at heathfield was surprising for me!
Ironbank nearly notched up their first win at Echunga as well… Maybe they aren’t that far off? Great to see them competing.
Hahndorf just on cruise control already.

Comp looks super even, just who will challenge Hahndorf?

Ironbank/Echunga game was pretty scrappy affair but with great intent from both teams, Ironbank played a loose defender however despite the close score didn't really look like they were going to win IMO

Ironbank certainly have a crack, considering they had there best player out in Grigg yesterday to was a solid effort. Might have some tough days against the best sides but certainly will have a crack. Issue may be if they get some injuries with Bs struggling with not alot of the lads from last years flag side playing and literally no bridgey b grade lads playing.

Roughly many of last year's Bridgy seniors have stuck around for this 'merger'?
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Toto » Fri May 12, 2023 9:28 am

Based on the last few weeks results we might see the most one sided GF rematch for a very long time, Hahndorf should feast on Lobey from what I’ve seen.
I’m ripping an upset in the Blackwood V Ironbank game, Bankers up by 2 points for Muridens 300th.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby jumbo20 » Fri May 12, 2023 11:17 am

Wow, that would upset some Blackwood faithful!
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby wazzal77 » Fri May 12, 2023 12:14 pm

Toto wrote:Based on the last few weeks results we might see the most one sided GF rematch for a very long time, Hahndorf should feast on Lobey from what I’ve seen.
I’m ripping an upset in the Blackwood V Ironbank game, Bankers up by 2 points for Muridens 300th.

Still early days, but does look ominous, when you go through Hahndorfs line up for each of their games they havent been at full strength either, but theres other teams likely in same boat. Still think Lobey will be there when it gets to pointy end of season. So too Uri and I reckon Onkas, Nairne and Lofty are good chances of making finals appearances for the first time in many years.

Onkas over Echunga by lots
Lobey oval suits Hahndorf, reckon Hahndorf by 4 goals
Ironbank over Blackwood, yep agree an upset on cards!
Lofty home to Nairne, will go Nairne by a few, but wouldnt be surprised to see Lofty get up
Uri to get over Barker by a couple at home
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Toto » Fri May 12, 2023 4:14 pm

I’m not sold on Lobey now. Still yet to face Hahndorf, Uraidla and Lofty in the first round leaving them 2-2 and lucky that Onkas didn’t kick straight or they’d have 1 win against Echunga who will be lucky to get 3 wins for the year.
Hahndorf
Uraidla
Nairne
Onkas
Lofty

For mine now.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby batmanbegins » Fri May 12, 2023 11:24 pm

Toto wrote:Based on the last few weeks results we might see the most one sided GF rematch for a very long time, Hahndorf should feast on Lobey from what I’ve seen.

Can only hope they can. Will Muirden is the best and most decorated Ironbank player over our 37 year existence so would be ncredibly fitting to get a win in his 300th and against old rivals in Blackwood. Congrats Skip on the 300th, nobody has been more loyal or important to the club through all the ups and downs.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby My2cents » Sat May 13, 2023 5:44 pm

Lofty over Rams by 5 goals. Very handy win against a team travelling super well.
My2cents
Mini-League

Postby Toto » Sun May 14, 2023 11:33 am

Tuned in at home for the second half and the devils were very impressive. Move the ball quickly, and stifled Nairnes movement. Nairne had a chance to break away in the 3rd with 1 down to a red card and missed 6-7 gettable chances. Lofty came home with a wet sail and looked super fit! Impressive by the devils and I think on their day can rattle the best sides!

Was a fair way off in my upset prediction, but congrats to Will Muirden and absolute cornerstone for the Ironbank footy club for a long time.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby My2cents » Sat May 20, 2023 6:30 pm

I didn’t get there but see that Devs sneak home over Uris, very handy. Poor kicking at goal yet again almost cost them. But you take a win without Miles (still) against quality.
I thought Dorf would have done more damage over Ironraiders. Not the worst score line, all things considered.
My2cents
Mini-League

Postby Toto » Sat May 20, 2023 10:13 pm

Yes I was surprised too. Good on Ironbank! Lobey finally fired as well. All been waiting for it to click.
Echunga flogged again, they’re in strife…..
Anyone see Onkas v Nairne? Surprised me a bit….
Toto
Under 16s

Postby batmanbegins » Sun May 21, 2023 4:37 pm

Toto wrote:Yes I was surprised too. Good on Ironbank! Lobey finally fired as well. All been waiting for it to click.
Echunga flogged again, they’re in strife…..
Anyone see Onkas v Nairne? Surprised me a bit….

Ironbank on paper may have had the worst side I've seen since the mid 2000s when they were bottom a few times in Div1. To put up that fight was outstanding, hats of to Red muff and the lads. They appear to be having a genuine crack and it's good to see a core of 18 year old lads getting good experience. Hopefully can beat echunga next time and maybe steal a win against someone else. Comp looks real even outside the bottom 2 which is fantastic.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Toto » Fri May 26, 2023 4:55 pm

We may see the biggest blowout of the year in Hahndorf v Echunga if the weather holds out. I think Hahndorf could be excused for maybe taking Ironbank a little lightly last week and just going through the motions, but a closer game than they would have liked might see them with a head full of steam this week against a very poor side in Echunga….
Toto
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Sat May 27, 2023 8:37 pm

Some big margins today
Hahndorf over Echunga by 129
Uraidla over Lobethal by 62
Onkas over Blackwood by 72
Lofty over Barker by 72
Nairne over Ironbank/Bridgewater by 137
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Barkeroo » Sat May 27, 2023 11:36 pm

Toto wrote:We may see the biggest blowout of the year in Hahndorf v Echunga if the weather holds out. I think Hahndorf could be excused for maybe taking Ironbank a little lightly last week and just going through the motions, but a closer game than they would have liked might see them with a head full of steam this week against a very poor side in Echunga….

You weren't wrong there mate. Pies pumped them.
Most results pretty lopsided this week.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Toto » Sun May 28, 2023 9:25 am

Very lopsided results. Nairne’s second 25+ goal win. Hahndorf kicked back in to gear. Lofty impressive again. Results showed the top 5 against the bottom 5 IMO.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby My2cents » Sun May 28, 2023 11:01 am

Yeah, Nairne can really put teams away!
Agree about the 5, can’t really see any team outside it getting in at this rate. Other than Hahndorf, the other 4 are sharing the wins around & testing each other.
What’s going on with the premiers?! Was Grigg that relied upon?
Lofty still waiting on a Miles return, so still some class to come back in there, but still gotta kick straighter, especially to beat the Dorf (the measuring stick).
My2cents
Mini-League

Postby Toto » Sun May 28, 2023 11:18 am

Lobeys depth was always questionable and they haven’t had heaps of young talent come up for a long time. Looking through the years results apart from dropping the ball on Lofty and Hahndorf (of course) Nairne’s smallest win was 9 goals against Onkas…. Have 3 100+ point wins and another 13 goal win on Uraidla…. Their best is as good as anyone, but Hahndorf don’t have much of a gap between their best and worst which makes them the side they are. What’s with the fixture? Lofty played 5 home games already and only 2 away? Nairne the opposite… is it that hard to have alternate weeks home and away?
Toto
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy