HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby youngpace » Sun May 31, 2015 9:51 am

[/quote] Was in the budget last week, there was about 40 names written down. No support from TV, Echunga or Hahndorf. With one player even asking if he would get paid.
I think after the success of last years game at Murray Bridge that there definitely is a place for interleague football. My bet is now the league will put it suspensions for those not making themselves available because of this years efforts from some players.[/quote]

Perhaps a state wide league ranking may spark interest. With results determining who each league plays the following year. I believe it is both lack of interest and want of a week off that leaves us in this situation. Bragging rights might engage players interest. With the ultimate goal being taking on the Div 1 Amateur side.
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Legs Man » Sun May 31, 2015 11:53 am

Won't the clubs vote on what happens and whether they want Assoc./inter league matches?
A vote on any suspensions or penalties that may apply would also be voted on by the clubs.
I was under the impression all decisions pertaining to the league, the clubs and their players were made by the clubs - and the HFL simply administered this.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sun May 31, 2015 7:59 pm

Legs Man wrote:I was under the impression all decisions pertaining to the league, the clubs and their players were made by the clubs - and the HFL simply administered this.

I know the point you're trying to make, but its a bit disingenuous of you, of all people, to suggest that the Clubs control things.

As you know, sometimes one club decides to disregard a vote by the other 19 clubs, and takes a matter to the Supreme Court to get a ruling on a technicality - thereby removing the power from the clubs.
Last edited by Elmer J Thudpucker on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Yellow & Black » Sun May 31, 2015 8:30 pm

Comment of the year Elmer ^^^
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby the wonder elephant » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:19 am

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
Legs Man wrote:I was under the impression all decisions pertaining to the league, the clubs and their players were made by the clubs - and the HFL simply administered this.

I know the point you're trying to make, but its a bit disingenuous of you, of all people, to suggest that the Clubs control things.

As you know, sometimes one club decides to disregard a vote by the other 19 clubs, and takes a matter to the Supreme Curt to get a ruling on a technicality - thereby removing the power from the clubs.

Boom :D
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:27 am

the wonder elephant wrote:
Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

As you know, sometimes one club decides to disregard a vote by the other 19 clubs, and takes a matter to the Supreme Curt to get a ruling on a technicality - thereby removing the power from the clubs.

Boom :D

I am glad you got my point!!!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:54 am

Relegation table: (pos. change)
Hahndorf - 151 (-)
Blackwood - 139 (-)
Uraidla Districts - 119 (-)
Lobethal - 107 (-)
Torrens Valley - 85 (+1)
Ironbank-Cherry Gardens - 81 (+2)
Mount Barker - 77 (-2)
Mount Lofty District - 70 (-1)
Echunga - 60 (-)
Onkaparinga Valley - 31 (-)
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Well after 8 rounds this season is proving to be very tight between the top 7 sides but neither of the bottom 3 sides are easy beats and in particular Onkas should get better from now on with players coming back. Here is the ladder and my review on each team at the first break;

TV- Sitting pretty at 7 and 1 after beating the previously undefeated Uraidla for the first time in Central Div. Dale ellis and Boras have combined for 62 goals between them and are very hard to control, Whilst their Midfield of Giadresco, O'Sullivan, Montgomery and Co have been dominating teams on a weekly basis. No doubt one of the teams to beat and will be looking forward to the challenge of Echunga in Round 9.
Uraidla- Also Looking good at 7 and 1, Dont appear to be playing great at the moment after stumbling over the line against Lofty and Ironbank before finally losing to TV. Defensively they are amazing, they are conceding only 43 points a game but offensively they have not been as effective as previous years as they only average 58 points a game. Oakley leads their goal kicking with 12, Whilst Down and the ever reliable Richards have been two of their better players. Big challenge against Lobe after the break as it will be interesting to see how they cope on a big oval against a very good running side.
Hahndorf- Big improvers in 2015 so far at 6 and 2 after only winning 2 games last year. Hourigan has been a big acquisition kicking 28 goals, whilst the return of a healthy Hankin has been huge. The evergreens in Paul and Purling have been excpetional in helping lead the youngsters, in Particular young Hayden who is having a breakout season after stepping up from the Junior Ranks. They have plenty of offensive weapons and with Wittwer playing after the break as the crows have the bye, they will be aiming to break their poor recent record at Ironbank Oval to go 7 and 2.
Echunga- Would probably be disappointed at being 5 and 3 and losing on the weekend to Ironbank wouldnt have been on the cards but they still appear to be sitting pretty for another deep run in the finals. Missed Cranna big time on the weekend and will welcome him back against TV after the break. Harland and Aish have 51 goals between them and are complemented well by Lindsay and Guy. Jennings has been fantastic all year, whilst Edwards and Liston have been consistent. Big game against TV after the break because if they lose they will fall back to the pack.
Lobethal- Probably the most disappointing side of the year to date, Had a great win over TV but then lost games to Ironbank and Blackwood when both teams had key personnel missing. Maybe they are just doing the opposite of previous years and will dominate the second half of the year. Fisher has been a great pick up kicking 21 goals and providing a great target, While Nitschke and the Jenkin Boys have been consistent which cant be said about many of the side. Baust and Bampton have been brilliant in patches but the team as a whole needs to get some consistency going. Massive game against Uris after the break which could set up their season.
Ironbank- Massive win against the Dees on the weekend to even up their record. Horrible start to the year which was hindered by injury and a lack of depth to cover it but the past 5 weeks have been positive. Motlop and De visser have missed a few games but still lead the goal kicking with 17 and 16 respectively. Hitchcock has been very good of late but the backline led by Thomas, Keeley and Cross have been exceptional in creating plenty of drive and run from defense. Huge game against the Maggies after the break which will be season defining.
Blackwood- To be 4 and 4 with Dundovic, Bricknell, Atkinson and Woods missing a few games is a very good effort. One big issue is they have Dundovic leading their goal kicking with 15, then the next best is 6 but they have won a couple without him so maybe it doesnt matter to much. Thompson has been a great pick up and is dominating down back, While Edwards and Ridley have been very handy in the midfield for the Woodies. Bricknell and Dundovic will be big ins after the break and they would be expecting to go 5 and 4 playing Mt Barker in round 9.
Mt Barker- Bit of a shock to see them so low, after being such a high scoring team over the past few years they are now the lowest scoring team in the comp averaging only 56 points a game. Hill has been a nice pick up kicking 15 goals but after that it's been a struggle to find a target. Injuries have hurt, with Johnson, Block, Higgs and Lores missing a fair amount of games but there skills are just not what i remember them being. Hughes has been the long ranger in the midfield and Ruckman Williams has been handy when playing but to much is being done by too few. Need a big second half of the year.
Mt Lofty- Been a bit inconsistent with some weeks challenging teams and then other weeks getting smashed, One win over Ironbank being a highlight. Pohl has been great up forward kicking 20 goals, Whilst Miles is as dominant as every. Always consistent burch has been in the best players every week, whilst young fellas like Van Paridon and Clements are getting better every game. Nielsen hasnt had his greatest year and they need him to lift as he is their key which was shown against the thunderers. They are the worst defensive team in the competition averaging 98 points against but in a positive note their B grade and Juniors Grades are doing quite well so the future bodes well. Would be expecting to win in round 9 against Onkas.
Onka Valley- Had to many Injuries to count, played the most players out of any team and Just continue to have no luck. Grocke is very nice in but they need woolford, Green and Co back ASAP otherwise they may struggle to win a game. Leonard has been good up forward with 17 goals and young Adcock has been promising with 11. Klun has been their best player, while young guys in George-Dent, Dean and Ferraro keep improving. Been a horrid year so far for Onkas as a whole with B grade struggling also but injuries permitting I expect them to bounce back with a few wins starting with a big match up against Lofty in round 9.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:01 pm

good stuff caped crusader...just out of curiosity you said that onkas have played the most players in the a grade comp.
any idea how many that is?
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:14 pm

lovethefooty wrote:good stuff caped crusader...just out of curiosity you said that onkas have played the most players in the a grade comp.
any idea how many that is?

35 LTF but I think i was wrong Blackwood appear to have used 36 so my apologies. Uraidla are the only team to use under 30 players though, so it's pretty even but Onkas have had injuries to some very key players.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Spiderman » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Interesting to see mount barker so low on the relegation table, pleasing to see lobethal sitting at 4th even with the a grade shaky start. Times are changing. Uraidla also pretty high but they've got their a grade to thank for that...
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:22 am

Very disappointed to say the least, to hear that the association game between HFL and RMFL has been cancelled due to lack of numbers by the HFL. Surely that is a joke isn't it? How many clubs do you guys have to get a side on the park? Massive let down after what I thought last year was a real success and thought it may be a game that become an annual event.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:42 am

yes grasshopper it is disappointing, but also very understandable.
I am sure most clubs have players who are nursing injuries into the bye and need the week off, or have players who are taking the opportunity to go away. Whether we like it or not clubs are going to look after their self interest and discourage their top end talent from making themselves available for a game that is a nice idea but has little real meaning.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Archer11 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:56 am

lovethefooty wrote:yes grasshopper it is disappointing, but also very understandable.
I am sure most clubs have players who are nursing injuries into the bye and need the week off, or have players who are taking the opportunity to go away. Whether we like it or not clubs are going to look after their self interest and discourage their top end talent from making themselves available for a game that is a nice idea but has little real meaning.

I think that this a disgraceful attitude from todays society as for some of the younger and more talented footballers this may be the highest level that they may achieve in their career. It seems that the highly paid players or selfish players do not want anything to do with this. Surely if you promoted this through the 15's & 17's and then progress to the seniors this would be able to go back to where it all started from. Suspensions need to be enforced if players do not commit to this.
Archer11

Been liked: 0 time

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:11 am

archer to define it as a problem solely of the "well paid" and "selfish" is not right. in the main the top end talent at each club are interested in helping
their club play finals and while on the surface this game is a good idea, it is difficult to sell its value to the players. a lot of these players are already injured and need the rest, or are not interested in risking injury.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby FannyO'Wilson » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:04 pm

When blokes work full time and play footy (and for some cricket) pretty much every Saturday for half a year (or a full year) I think it's understandable that they and they're families may enjoy a weekend away or time to get those jobs around the house done. Don't think its just about resting tired legs but the fact that they do have a life outside of sport and rep footy obviously is not a priority for the majority.
FannyO'Wilson
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Why not change the criteria, every club has to put 5 names to the table of lads who want to play, because no doubt there's always lads that are good enough but don't get asked because they aren't a big name. Then out of the 5 from each club pick a team, surely it's not that hard especially if you do the maths that's quiet a few names to pick a team from.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:54 pm

a good idea grasshopper, but do you really want a rep side made up of players that aren't in the best half a dozen at their club??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby chopper7 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Archer11 wrote:
lovethefooty wrote:yes grasshopper it is disappointing, but also very understandable.

I think that this a disgraceful attitude from todays society as for some of the younger and more talented footballers this may be the highest level that they may achieve in their career. It seems that the highly paid players or selfish players do not want anything to do with this. Surely if you promoted this through the 15's & 17's and then progress to the seniors this would be able to go back to where it all started from. Suspensions need to be enforced if players do not commit to this.

I'm with you here Archer, in all honesty I think most the top end players are way to precious these days and seriously need to HTFU!
Thanks to the clubs out there that didn't support this, especially after the SGM before the season started saying all clubs were going to support it, the HFL now looks like the joke of the country footy again.
Bring in suspensions I'd say, and let's see how they cope with that.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:23 pm

I can understand what you are saying chopper, but ask the Echunga coach if he would agree if jesse aish played in that game and did his knee, or ask the torrens valley coach if he agrees if chad o'sullivan plays and does his knee.

the reality is that the clubs put their own motivations first, and who can argue with that. the only way to make the clubs and players more motivated to play is to put more on the end of it.

and I am not sure how you do that. the afl had trouble doing this and there was a state of origin game, and a big v jumper on the end of it.
lovethefooty
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy