HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:44 pm

As far as some other Central Division news goes....
Lobethal have picked up former Norwood, Glenelg and Crow player Sudjai Cook for the upcoming season. Current player and former Norwood player Damian King is said to be in superb shape having fairly recently run in a full marathon.
Was posted on another part of this site that Hahndorf had picked up Trent Ormond Allen but we'll see about that one.
Mt Lofty have apparently signed some key recruits to add to their significant improvement of last season.
Onka Valley have signed some quality players under new coach Alan Stringer, with former Happy Valley and South junior Scott McKenzie being a significant signing.
Back onto Country Division...

Echunga have also signed former Mt Barker player and onetime Sturt player Troy Deron. Echunga have picked up a number of players but most of them seem to be over 30 years old.
Apparently the return of key forward Chad Dawe hasn't all been a bed of roses so far down at Meadows....
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby observer2 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:13 am

Care to elaborate on the Former Eagles return to Meadows ORD?
What were the reasons Troy left Mt Barker too? He's been a stalwart there for years.
observer2
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:16 pm

observer2 wrote:Care to elaborate on the Former Eagles return to Meadows ORD?
What were the reasons Troy left Mt Barker too? He's been a stalwart there for years.

Think a few feathers have been ruffled in regards to Dawe's comeback due to a few of them looked upon themselves as being higher up the pecking order but with his return (and Maidment's for that matter, another quality player) they can see that they aren't as important in the scheme of things as they thought. Must admit I don't know all the details but it seems to be general pettiness and club politics, which in Meadows' case is usually family politics e.g. the Thomas', Dawe's, Reids etc.
In Troys case, he is married to an Echunga girl who's father is a life member of the club, so no doubt that had something to do with his decision and he was only playing B's at Mt Barker last year anyway. I'm sure he'd still be good enough to play Div. 1 A grade but Troy's had his share of injuries over the years so he is probably looking to wind things back a bit and have some fun.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby spiderk » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:17 am

Going to a real Roo feel at Echunga this year then, with David Ridge, Glen Highett and Troy DeRon - all of whom have played good footy at Mt Barker - heading down this year. Things are looking good down there reportedly, and a fair bit more harmony than with last year, by the sounds. Mully is a real lead-by-example coach and looks to be uniting them all well.
Surprised to see Brooke Fogden heading out to Maccy - looks like he has chosen a good club there though (bit more likely to play finals than when he was approached by Milang some years ago!)

Interesting to read the comments on Dawe, ORD. Chad, if you read this - and you know who I am - consider, at least, looking at going back out to another SANFL club and proving a point. Playing the one year in SANFL isn't doing it justice. The talent is there, the opportunities may be better elsewhere. Don't die wondering if you could have made it. Look at a new environment and see how it goes.
spiderk

Postby Barbara » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:17 am

ORDoubleBlues wrote:As far as some other Central Division news goes....
Lobethal have picked up former Norwood, Glenelg and Crow player Sudjai Cook for the upcoming season. Current player and former Norwood player Damian King is said to be in superb shape having fairly recently run in a full marathon.
Was posted on another part of this site that Hahndorf had picked up Trent Ormond Allen but we'll see about that one.
Mt Lofty have apparently signed some key recruits to add to their significant improvement of last season.
Onka Valley have signed some quality players under new coach Alan Stringer, with former Happy Valley and South junior Scott McKenzie being a significant signing.

Echunga have also signed former Mt Barker player and onetime Sturt player Troy Deron. Echunga have picked up a number of players but most of them seem to be over 30 years old.
Apparently the return of key forward Chad Dawe hasn't all been a bed of roses so far down at Meadows....

So Scott McKenzie is playing at more than one club like Phil Smith. I can confirm that Scott has committed to the Vikings this season even after discussions with Alan. I get the impression he will be moving on in 2007. I very handy pick up for whoever obtains his services.
Barbara
Rookie

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:01 pm

Barbara wrote:
ORDoubleBlues wrote:As far as some other Central Division news goes....

So Scott McKenzie is playing at more than one club like Phil Smith. I can confirm that Scott has committed to the Vikings this season even after discussions with Alan. I get the impression he will be moving on in 2007. I very handy pick up for whoever obtains his services.

No worries Barbara. I was told this by a person a couple of months back and it was someone who should know, not just a rumour gone astray.
If he is indeed staying on at the Vikings though, thanks for the info.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Barbara » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:01 am

Got it from the horse's mouth not the horse's a**e.
Barbara
Rookie

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:27 pm

spiderk wrote: Interesting to read the comments on Dawe, ORD. Chad, if you read this - and you know who I am - consider, at least, looking at going back out to another SANFL club and proving a point. Playing the one year in SANFL isn't doing it justice. The talent is there, the opportunities may be better elsewhere. Don't die wondering if you could have made it. Look at a new environment and see how it goes.

Know I'd like to see him in a Sturt jumper Spider!!

According to some, apparently I can't keep a secret.
Moore and Lallard, I know you're watching!
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby petoe » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:14 pm

Can anyone confirm an exodus of up to 12 good players from Ironbank this season. or any news on them?
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:20 am

i can confirm big bucks flying around at Lofty - too more than 3-4 players also
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby stan » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:38 pm

Is Trigger still playing up at Lofty. Last i heard he was on plenty of $$$
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:36 pm

As was reported in last Wednesday's Courier, last years Mail Medalist from Birdwood, Michael Daniele is apparently going to play for Kangarilla.

Apparently there is some other very significant concerns relating to the Country Division comp but since I promised that I won't blab it on here, I will leave it 'til a later date to discuss.

I'll see you on Tuesday night boys.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby BM » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:44 am

Disappointing for me that Michale Daniele is playing for Kangarilla. Being an ex Gepps lad I was hoping that he may of returned to the Rams. Best of luck to him good young footballer.
BM
Rookie

Postby stan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:53 am

BM wrote:Disappointing for me that Michale Daniele is playing for Kangarilla. Being an ex Gepps lad I was hoping that he may of returned to the Rams. Best of luck to him good young footballer.

Thats going to make things interesting now, Kangarilla will be quite strong and tough to beat in that div.
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:23 am

Interesting rumour I heard, Bridgewater have had their A grade coach leave for a job somewhere in the SANFL. Can anyone confirm?
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby spiderk » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:17 pm

B.O.B - yes, that is correct. Heard this one yesterday so they are indeed on the market for a new coach.
spiderk

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:51 pm

would there be many coaches in the market by now?
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Postby spiderk » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:34 pm

They would hope so, B.O.B...I can think of a few that would be great options for them that are still not at clubs.. I'm certainly not among them though :wink:
spiderk

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:57 pm

Spiderk what are your thoughts on bridgewater this year, I heard the struggled last year and losing a coach at this time can't be good for recruiting. Also interested in any thoughts on Ironbank I heard they started real well last year but then struggled?
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Postby Barbara » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:34 am

stan wrote:Is Trigger still playing up at Lofty. Last i heard he was on plenty of $$$

Trigger is still at Lofty and the highest paid. Can confirm Ross Waite and Ben Gordon still going around also. Money is flying around at Lofty. New recruits that I know of are Woody from GAZA, Brad Burch returning from Sturt and Tristian White from North Adelaide.
Barbara
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy