River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby nolongerthere » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Was at Meningie on Saturday and watched a good game of footy, have not seen them play since about 1973, will go and watch Meningie on most weekends, had to laugh at the fella mouthin off at the Meningie players if ur going to sit above everyone else on the back of a ute u only make urself look like a prize dickhead. I go to watch country footy not listen to some f*****t gobbin off bcos he is well lubricated, my passion is country footy i have been away from my home state for 30+ years, i remember when living in Meningie loved playing footy there and also watching it, nothing better than country footy.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
nolongerthere

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby jumbo20 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:30 pm

who was good for them
jumbo20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby GWW » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Re player points allocation, does anyone know why certain players have an asterisk alongside their name?

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... sID=327773
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Mannum should query Mark Coleman and Nick Haby of BSR being allocated three points. I thing the RMFL have confused Blanchetown Swan Reach with Brinkworth Spalding Redhill. There is no way a Riverland Independent player is worth 3 points.

Also I am fairly sure that players coming from a team that has disbanded (Blanchetown Swan Reach) are zero pointers. Mannum may be thinking probably not worth the fuss as both will only play B grade.

Another one is Wally Hand coming from Elliston is three points and the Boylans from Wudinna in the same competition are worth 2 points. I dont recall Hand playing a game for Elliston last year and in 2013 he played up at Roxby Downs which should also only be a two point competition.
I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:46 pm

I don't think there are any 2 point comps anymore
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:58 pm

Concessions must apply. The Boylans looked like they only played 2 and 4 games each over past two seasons. I thought there was a majority rule in the points so that if a guy didn't play more than majority of league's games he would be 0 pointer?
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby oldbomber » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Sounds like the points system is clear as mud looking at last few comments.

There is or atleast was last year a document on cfl website with a list of leagues and points allocation. Players straight out of Afl 5 pts sanfl or other state leagues 4pts majority of 'decent' s.a country leagues 3 pts with smaller leagues only 2 pts (hills country and riverland independants definately 2pt leagues only on the old list)

other points of interest were if you have a full year off -1 pt, if a junior is played in the a grade side -1 pt off team total, 2 years off = 0 pts.

For fringe a graders if they played more b grade games than a grade in their previous season they used to be 0 point players when transferring but heard a rumour rmfl is now allocating 1pt for reserve players should they make it into a grade at new club. Makes you wonder if the rmfl is giving the premiers extra points and trying to short change other clubs do they even have any idea how it works!
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby The Dictator » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:35 pm

pigskin wrote:Yep we have 1 loss and everyone hates Billy....surely there is something better to write about. It always takes time to learn the ways of a new coach and game style. Mannum are a 5 goal better side this year with their smart recruiting and a ruckman that dominates still. By previous comments if a player comes to the club and attracts 3 points does that automatically make him an "A" grader??

I get to watch a few games a year now that my kids play sport down in town. What's different about the Roos? I just thought doom and gloom when I saw the player losses.
The Dictator
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:51 pm

I'm led to believe the player is allocated the maximum points for that league until a player points declaration is sent to the league with the player history and signature. So my guess is that the asterisk means that this hasn't been done.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby oldbomber » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:46 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:I don't think there are any 2 point comps anymore

You are correct, just found latest cfl a.p.p.s appendix 4 document (via google) and there has been quite a few changes. Would have been nice for them to let other clubs know before they over recruited. One club in particular in hills fl wasnt too happy to find out there div 6 and 7 players are now worth 3 pts on the eve of round 1!
oldbomber
Rookie

Postby GWW » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:15 am

How is Brian Fenton 2 points for 2015 - and not 3 - given that he played 4 League games for North Adelaide in 2013?
GWW

Postby The Gimp » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:30 am

GWW wrote:How is Brian Fenton 2 points for 2015 - and not 3 - given that he played 4 League games for North Adelaide in 2013?

Isn't it the grade he played the majority of games??
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:42 am

The fact that Mark Coleman, a player from Blanchetown Swan Reach who is well into his 40s and Jarrod Kellock a four time Langhorne Creek best and fairest have both joined Mannum as three point players shows the obvious flaws in the system.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Postby GWW » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:55 am

Its a crazy system if a SANFL footballer plays 10 League games, and 11 Reserves games in the same year, and becomes a 3 point player, same as someone who played at Roxby Downs or Wirrula.

Who designed the system as it is today?

At least the unregulated system of the 90s and before, or the salary cap system as it was 10 years ago, meant that clubs were essentially responsible for their own success. Now it seems that everyone is supposedly treated the same, but a league can randomly alter points allocation for clubs/players, without any real consistency or degree of fairness.
GWW

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:03 am

I guess this format makes it a lot easier to administer which for the ruling elite is much more preferable than common sense and fairness for the players and clubs involved.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:33 am

GWW wrote:How is Brian Fenton 2 points for 2015 - and not 3 - given that he played 4 League games for North Adelaide in 2013?

I thought that was pretty straight forward. What you play the majority in. Same as a country player. Play 5 league games and 6 reserves games you are then 0 points. Well new system 1 now.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:57 pm

Imps 20-30
Ramblers 40-50
Jervois 60-70
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby oldbomber » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:06 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:Imps 20-30
Ramblers 40-50
Jervois 60-70

Imps 15pts
mannum 20pts
jervois 40pts
oldbomber
Rookie

Postby gun onballer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:44 pm

imps- will be alright this year -just signed up tim summner(played for gold coast)handy pick up
mypo-overated recruits,getting easy money,hope the coach has plan b because plan a isn't working
gun onballer

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lameroo

Postby biffboy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:18 pm

gun onballer wrote:imps- will be alright this year -just signed up tim summner(played for gold coast)handy pick up
mypo-overated recruits,getting easy money,hope the coach has plan b because plan a isn't working

Yeah I heard about Sumner as well, he would be asking some serious $$$ so I guess the Imps boys can stop whinging about how much other clubs are paying players. To me that puts them up with Mannum to contend Meningie, was it only 2 years a ago he was playing afl and is probably at the perfect age.
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy