I heard he has the Peake job- tough gig, just wondering how he might go
Down&Out
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Peake

RMFL GF

Postby Hills » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:56 pm

I know it is very early stages, but based on what recruits this year what are all of your thoughts on the top 3 teams and possible other teams that could be damaging?
Hills
Reserves

Postby carey » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:54 pm

i'v only just met steve in the past 6 weeks or so seems like a top bloke who knows what he wants to and how his going to do it i look forward to working with him .
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey18 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:01 pm

carey wrote:i'v only just met steve in the past 6 weeks or so seems like a top bloke who knows what he wants to and how his going to do it i look forward to working with him .

Might need to ask him how to get the gravy off your chin after getting carved up!
carey18

Postby carey » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:13 pm

haha i wondered how long it would take you silly old man ! before we started that game the big fella says to me no running off each other alright mate i said yeah sweet first time skins got the ball the big fella has done a 75m sprint marked it one grab and i'm standing there 90m away scatching my ass thinking you prick you've just pulled one on me here !!!!!!!

i tell ya what man your guna do really well out there theve got some top blokes there they train well and hard i really enjoyed it 2nite i wish them all the best
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey18 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:18 pm

LOL yeah it is good training with a good bunch of guys who put in and encourage each other not bag each other.Will be a lot of fun.If only you guys were around but you have to look after yourself.Im sure we will catch up again
carey18

Postby mypaddock » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:25 am

anyone on here involved with mypolonga?? heard they signed sean oatway from athelstone for upwards of $500 a game
mypaddock
League Bench Warmer

Postby Down&Out » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:47 pm

Have heard that they have picked up eckermann and O'Connor from town
Down&Out
Under 16s

Postby great dropkick » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Have heard a whisper that there may be a RMFL-HFL premiers trial match on the cards with Jervois taking on Mt Lofty in a night scrap at Heathfield in mid-March. Anyone able to confirm. Despite being around the time of cricket finals, both clubs would probably still come up with some handy line-ups. Also is Muffy serious about a move to Ironbank from Tailem Bend, has filled in a clearance but apparently has been known to do such things before?
great dropkick

Postby The Indian » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:55 pm

Apparently the clearance for The Wizard has come through. Sign, Sealed and Delivered. He is now a thunderer
The Indian
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby Down&Out » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:20 pm

I see Raidis has also gone from tailem- will they have a team left?? Dent obviously not coming through with the goods- doesn't seem to be many ins other than himself!
Down&Out
Under 16s

Postby GWW » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:24 pm

Down&Out wrote:I see Raidis has also gone from tailem- will they have a team left?? Dent obviously not coming through with the goods- doesn't seem to be many ins other than himself!

Raidis hardly played at all last year, maybe one or two games. But yeah they've lost a heap, and will need to pick up quite a few in next 6 weeks or so to even be competitive this year.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Spearhead » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:50 am

great dropkick wrote:Have heard a whisper that there may be a RMFL-HFL premiers trial match on the cards with Jervois taking on Mt Lofty in a night scrap at Heathfield in mid-March. Anyone able to confirm. Despite being around the time of cricket finals, both clubs would probably still come up with some handy line-ups. Also is Muffy serious about a move to Ironbank from Tailem Bend, has filled in a clearance but apparently has been known to do such things before?

Can confirm this game, the Devs are looking forward to playing a genuine trial game.
Apparantly muffy has signed and is training at thunder park. Why he would want to play on the worst oval in the Hills competition beats me!
Spearhead
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby mark shadiac » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:54 pm

GWW wrote:I've followed the league for last 20 years or so, although haven't heard too much so far since the GF.

From what i've heard Mannum and Mypo intending on spending up big, will be a matter of them finding players though, especially Mypo who've struggled with recruiting quality players over the last few years. If Mannum get Sinkinson and Quinn back from Loxton plus maybe some of the players they've lost to the Mallee league in recent years they should be finals contenders again.

Have heard that Ramblers haven't lost anyone from last year. Saw rumoured on this site they may be picking up a quality CHB who has played in both Hills and Port Lincoln Leagues over last couple of years.

Jervois rumoured to have lost a few players but I'd imagine they'll again be front runners with Tim Richards at the helm. Their recruiting over last 3 years has been second to none, no doubt if they lose some players they'll pick up some handy ones as well. From what i can tell, Bradley Jackson's footy has blossomed with the quality recruits theyve had over last 3 or 4 years.

The club that i follow, Tailem Bend, is rumoured to be chasing 2 or 3 quality players so if they manage to sign them they should be more competitive. The club is looking forward to the direction new coach Matthew Dent (will play as well) will take it.

Haven't heard anything about Imps at all really, although they'll be right up there as always. They've got a few players reaching the 30 plus mark, so they may decide to promote some more youngsters, they're a very successful junior club.

Haven't heard anything about Meningie, they got burnt with some of their imports last year so will be interesting to see which approach they take this year to their recruiting.

anyone here know the whareabouts of the following former saafl div 1 players. are they having a kick in your league anywhere??
mark jones, paul kemp, glenn russell, paul page???
mark shadiac

Postby Down&Out » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:38 pm

Pagey coaching Blackwood, Glenn Russell stuffing up Kilburn!
Down&Out
Under 16s

Postby footy fan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:39 pm

Down&Out wrote:I heard he has the Peake job- tough gig, just wondering how he might go

Apparently there is a few has beens going back there that have got the mind for the game but no longer the body..

Will be interesting, Look forward to seeing how he does go!!
footy fan
Rookie

Postby 151 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:08 pm

Wondering why Russell stuffing up Kilburn
Understand he has no official capacity there any more because of his employment
Under 16s

Postby Down&Out » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:15 pm

Certainly has had official capacity- and employment is strongly linked with Kilburn coach?? still have some involvement there!
Down&Out
Under 16s

Postby mark shadiac » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Down&Out wrote:Certainly has had official capacity- and employment is strongly linked with Kilburn coach?? still have some involvement there!

Think you will find he used to work with the coach, but not anymore. My understanding is that he really helped the club last year in terms of sponsorship and getting the once mighty kilburn back on track.
You obviously dont like the lad down and out. You play with him at kilburn???
mark shadiac

Postby Down&Out » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:06 pm

yeh played with him before- back stabbed me before- you could hardly say they are back on track!!
Down&Out
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy