River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby From The Outer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:23 pm

Highest paid player ever to play in our league. Excited to see him play but really uncomfortable that we have gone down this path.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Tiger83 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:10 pm

biffboy wrote:
gun onballer wrote:imps- will be alright this year -just signed up tim summner(played for gold coast)handy pick up
mypo-overated recruits,getting easy money,hope the coach has plan b because plan a isn't working

Yeah I heard about Sumner as well, he would be asking some serious $$$ so I guess the Imps boys can stop whinging about how much other clubs are paying players. To me that puts them up with Mannum to contend Meningie, was it only 2 years a ago he was playing afl and is probably at the perfect age.

I thought he had signed at Gaza to play with his brother??? Whats the Imps connection other than the obvious $$$$$
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby biffboy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Tiger83 wrote:
biffboy wrote:
gun onballer wrote:imps- will be alright this year -just signed up tim summner(played for gold coast)handy pick up
mypo-overated recruits,getting easy money,hope the coach has plan b because plan a isn't working

Yeah I heard about Sumner as well, he would be asking some serious $$$ so I guess the Imps boys can stop whinging about how much other clubs are paying players. To me that puts them up with Mannum to contend Meningie, was it only 2 years a ago he was playing afl and is probably at the perfect age.

I thought he had signed at Gaza to play with his brother??? Whats the Imps connection other than the obvious $$$$$

Whats their Senior coaches last name?
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby used to be » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:51 am

Is his last name Miller?? ( Sumner Millar) wasn't he a professor ???
used to be
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby oldbomber » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:01 am

used to be wrote:Interesting round.!!! Great win by our blokes , welcome back luke your a star. Jervois are not that bad we are just playing a great brand of footy. The Bears won easily as expected thanks to the rmfl , mick Ohara and Dalwood, Mannum won in an apparent upset , my mail says billy nearly knows how to coach , Steve hein has nick named the coach billy kanardly .

What happened on saturday UTB? Heard you blokes were in it for a while but maybe just got 'out coached' in the end :D
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:29 pm

Mypo played some good footy yesterday. Thought their ruckman battled hard all day. Brings on a big Anzac day game next week
What happened to the chooks Biffboy? Didnt turn up or are Mannum a team to be taken seriously?
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:Mypo played some good footy yesterday. Thought their ruckman battled hard all day. Brings on a big Anzac day game next week
What happened to the chooks Biffboy? Didnt turn up or are Mannum a team to be taken seriously?

Going to be a long year for us MM, probably wont have close to a full side till after our bye but even then we will really struggle to match Meningie or Mannum.
The Roos are the real deal I believe, very strong & physical side that smashed our lighter bodies. We also have no forward line except for Gogel at CHF with Altmann out for most of the season & Button unable to train properly due to back problems (and he needs to train). I would say Mannum will take it up to Meningie especially with first use from Bowen.
Pretty surprised by Mypo knocking of Imps after round ones performance, be interesting to see if Sumner is worth the $ if Mannum & Meningie are so far out front
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:57 am

$2k a game for Sumner?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:27 am

$1500, even bigger sign on and the use of a car (not to keep but get him to and from games during the season)

and I never speculate about $$.

I'm looking forward to watching my first RMFL game on May 9th to watch Tailem v Ramblers.

What can I expect? (besides a $10 entry fee) :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Executive Member » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:03 am

Footy Chick wrote:$1500, even bigger sign on and the use of a car (not to keep but get him to and from games during the season)

I'm looking forward to watching my first RMFL game on May 9th to watch Tailem v Ramblers.

hide in someone's boot
save your $10
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:07 am

$8 I think and if your just going to watch a good game of footy, I think this will be rather one sided.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby carey » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:$1500, even bigger sign on and the use of a car (not to keep but get him to and from games during the season)

Tailem v Ramblers is certainly not an indication of the strength of the RMFL FC I can assure you of that......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Gimp » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:57 pm

carey wrote:

Tailem v Ramblers is certainly not an indication of the strength of the RMFL FC I can assure you of that......

That's correct. Maybe head down to Mannum on this Sunday, 26th April for Mannum v Meningie - could be a showcase I reckon! Possibly GF preview??
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby biffboy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:54 pm

carey wrote:

This is true but at least she may see some local talent :lol:
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby The Dictator » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:21 pm

biffboy wrote:
carey wrote:

What's not local about Mannum Biffboy?
The Dictator
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Rough » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:24 pm

So I think the entrance is $7 after 9 am.
If it is being intimated that this is excessive to pay for entrance to watch 4 games it equates to
Schooner and a half of beer in the front bar, maybe two butchers on a good day and pretty sure no one serves pony of beer any more but $7 wouldn't get you three. I don't drink pints cause they are flat and crappy at the end.
$7 is 112% of a 3 horse pick box trifecta
When I used to punt it was 14 units of any bet in the SA TAB but that has well and truly changed to 7 units.
About 5 litres of petrol.
300 gram porterhouse
In the big picture of things entrance is ridiculously cheap for what you get.
Roos travelling well. This week at Mannum will be a belter.
Rough
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby used to be » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:10 pm

oldbomber wrote:
used to be wrote:Interesting round.!!! Great win by our blokes , welcome back luke your a star. Jervois are not that bad we are just playing a great brand of footy. The Bears won easily as expected thanks to the rmfl , mick Ohara and Dalwood, Mannum won in an apparent upset , my mail says billy nearly knows how to coach , Steve hein has nick named the coach billy kanardly .

What happened on saturday UTB? Heard you blokes were in it for a while but maybe just got 'out coached' in the end :D

Well OB, we were beaten by a better team on the day to be honest. Obviously Mypo got their act together after last week, are Mannum that good ??. Gee rush to defend Kanardly after one win,i think you may be Kanardly. Stevie is the best bloke going around , BUT, we have given him everything in the way of personal this year and he needs to make it work. I know this will be his last year as A grade coach so all the best to him , he will bounce back as the players gel. By the way it was spot the local , I didn't even see Steve Hein , have you recruited another one. Billy , you should be winning with the amount of players you have recruited, you are now being named tigers as their is no Mypolonga in there just like the bears is no Meningie, must be very ungratifying as a coach and a club to win knowing full well you had nothing to do with it but simply buy players. This week the geographically challenged bears vrs Mannum, I think the entire league will be supporting Mannum , however, the odds are against Mannum given the team that the rmfl has put together for the bears.
used to be
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby oldbomber » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:07 am

oldbomber wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:Imps 20-30
Ramblers 40-50
Jervois 60-70

Imps 15pts
mannum 20pts
jervois 40pts

I actually picked imps to win last week after how they rolled the bluds and how bad mypo were in rnd 1. By the look of the scoreboard if you kicked straight early things might have been different.

This week im thinking imps might even beat ramblers and their young list by 4 goals
mypo should account for tailem by 7-8 goals
And yep, heres hoping mannum can be competitive and even upset meningie at home. Tipping Roos by 7 pts in what should be a cracker.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:32 am

biffboy wrote:
carey wrote:

Yeah, a couple of my Hope Valley kids playing for Tailem now so heading over with the mum of one of their new recruits to have a squizzy. I love country footy... and also being a good grand daughter and dropping nanna off at her friends house, she lives about 100m away from the oval ;)

Would be good if it was semi-competitive buti more just love the atmosphere of the day at country grounds.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Expecting 3 very good games this wk and honestly think they could possibly all go either way. If you don't turn up to play you will get rolled. In saying that I think the Tigers will get up by about 4 goals over Taliem but wouldn't want to be complacent. Imps to roll the Roosters by 15 points with the massive inclusion of Sumner. Be interesting to see how he handles the close attention one would expect he will get week in week out in the RMFL. Mannum v Meningie I believe will come down to the Midfield, both teams look to have outstanding mids. Could come down to the battle between Bowen and Thorpe in who can give there mids first look at the footy. Tipping the Bears by 7 points in a nail biter.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy