Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Postby norm11 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Have clubs had a run before Christmas? When do they start up in the new year??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby one day I will » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:00 am

Pretty sure most clubs if not all would be starting either Wednesday or thursday.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby hairy cat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:29 pm

I'm hearing things at the top ain't great at this very early stage at wallaroo the
League needs clubs like these to do well hopefully the club get some finals action
hairy cat
Under 16s

Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Borat » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:16 pm

hairy cat wrote:I'm hearing things at the top ain't great at this very early stage at wallaroo the
League needs clubs like these to do well hopefully the club get some finals action

bute allegedly circling our players like sharks
on what grounds does a coach keep his job at bute? his current win loss ratio would be worst around in country footy
look at players he picked up so far last couple season haliday, greenshield, plattan, switaler to name few they are all finished
lots of dollars allegedly spent at bute for average recruits and average results
heard he poached willaston full forward for way over four figures a game + substantial sign on true
heard he also tried dangling carrots in front of other blg clubs players,
one club where his mrs is also coaching netball, dont think that club is too impressed
if he visits he will run into some angry lions
Borat

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:00 pm

hairy cat wrote:I'm hearing things at the top ain't great at this very early stage at wallaroo the

I think it has something to with his unhealthy obsession with cycling, hearing some players are growing sick and tired of him continually sniping the greatest Australian summer sport of Cricket with any air time he gets on social media. :)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times

Postby one day I will » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Borat wrote:

bute allegedly circling our players like sharks
on what grounds does a coach keep his job at bute? his current win loss ratio would be worst around in country footy
look at players he picked up so far last couple season haliday, greenshield, plattan, switaler to name few they are all finished
lots of dollars allegedly spent at bute for average recruits and average results
heard he poached willaston full forward for way over four figures a game + substantial sign on true
heard he also tried dangling carrots in front of other blg clubs players,
one club where his mrs is also coaching netball, dont think that club is too impressed
if he visits he will run into some angry lions

Wow BORAT sounds like you needed to get some stuff off your chest are you finished now? Or have you got a little more to cough up??
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Geez Borat. You sound bitter and twisted. You make it sound as though Bute are the only team recruiting from other clubs. Have a look at Hamley last year and Padthaway! Money flying out the door! All clubs do it. Its easy to get on hear and state $$$$s that people are getting or who has been approached by a club and obviously have a go at someone you have personal vendetta against. Fairly gutless i think . If you have a problem with someone face up to them and grow a set!
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Borat » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Geez Borat. You sound bitter and twisted. You make it sound as though Bute are the only team recruiting from other clubs. Have a look at Hamley last year and Padthaway! Money flying out the door! All clubs do it. Its easy to get on hear and state $$$$s that people are getting or who has been approached by a club and obviously have a go at someone you have personal vendetta against. Fairly gutless i think . If you have a problem with someone face up to them and grow a set!

Dogsbreakfast please you're comparing bute with two premierships sides in padthaway and hamley?
these two premierships sides spend money on class that will win you games of footy for example welsh, perrie, harder. hamley had stribling dowdell, duncan.
if you're going to spend big amounts do it wisely with players that are worth their money, don't just throw away a small towns dollars and not become accountable
Borat

Postby Nighthawk » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 am

Borat wrote:
Dogs Breakfast wrote:Geez Borat. You sound bitter and twisted. You make it sound as though Bute are the only team recruiting from other clubs. Have a look at Hamley last year and Padthaway! Money flying out the door! All clubs do it. Its easy to get on hear and state $$$$s that people are getting or who has been approached by a club and obviously have a go at someone you have personal vendetta against. Fairly gutless i think . If you have a problem with someone face up to them and grow a set!

Dogsbreakfast please you're comparing bute with two premierships sides in padthaway and hamley?
these two premierships sides spend money on class that will win you games of footy for example welsh, perrie, harder. hamley had stribling dowdell, duncan.
if you're going to spend big amounts do it wisely with players that are worth their money, don't just throw away a small towns dollars and not become accountable

Whose accountable at Hamly now? Where r all these guys who were "worth it" this year?
Winning games of footy is grand but your club has to be sustainable first - surely????!!!!
Bet Bute is in better shape this yr than Hamly is.
Nighthawk
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:11 am

Nighthawk wrote:
Borat wrote:

Whose accountable at Hamly now? Where r all these guys who were "worth it" this year?
Winning games of footy is grand but your club has to be sustainable first - surely????!!!!

Could not have said it better Nighthawk!!! The money going for Bute lads is nothing compared to what is spent at these other clubs. Sometimes you have to tread water for a while before you can move forward. Hamley are in a lot of shit and are back in survival mode. Bute are also in survival mode but being more sensible about it in my view. Do you have a personal issue with the Bute coach Borat?
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby Borat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:31 am

Nighthawk wrote:
Borat wrote:

where bute coach past six recruits since he took reigns? more likely paid houses off and back to div 5 amateur?
hamley have a premiership, bute have been attempting the same last two year to show a wooden spoon for 5w 27loses
hope I'm wrong n 2015 for bute football club sake
all bute coach has done past two years is waste a small towns money over inflate average footballers price which hurts the whole sa payment market and previous clubs
Borat

Postby countryfootyfan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:58 pm

I must say I am surprised with Bute's recruiting the last couple of years. They have always been big spenders, need to be with limited local numbers. However have always recruited decent footballers with plenty of upside and have stayed for several years. Their sides that lost the 2 consecutive GF's was largely as a result of solid recruiting over several years. An unsure why exactly they had gone down the path of Switala, Halliday etc as they were never long term options. Hope for their sake they can't climb the ladder with the new recruits.
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby countryfootyfan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Can* climb the ladder. Damn autocorrect
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Postby one day I will » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:25 pm

countryfootyfan wrote:I must say I am surprised with Bute's recruiting the last couple of years. They have always been big spenders, need to be with limited local numbers. However have always recruited decent footballers with plenty of upside and have stayed for several years. Their sides that lost the 2 consecutive GF's was largely as a result of solid recruiting over several years. An unsure why exactly they had gone down the path of Switala, Halliday etc as they were never long term options. Hope for their sake they can't climb the ladder with the new recruits.

When 10-15 A graders walk away from a footy club its gonna hurt no matter who or wat club it Is so maybe give it 3-4 years and then judge the people who do the recruiting. Still a very young side with no doubt lots of improvement needed but I feel they heading in the right direction with the players they had last year and the recruiting they doing this year. Just wait and see I guess.
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Wee-man » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:33 pm

Borat wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:
Borat wrote:

where bute coach past six recruits since he took reigns? more likely paid houses off and back to div 5 amateur?
hamley have a premiership, bute have been attempting the same last two year to show a wooden spoon for 5w 27loses
all bute coach has done past two years is waste a small towns money over inflate average footballers price which hurts the whole sa payment market and previous clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong but angaston has won 1 flag ever? Does that mean they have wasted all their cash over the years on players with no successes?
Wee-man

Been liked: 7 times

Postby countryfootyfan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:52 pm

one day I will wrote:
countryfootyfan wrote:I must say I am surprised with Bute's recruiting the last couple of years. They have always been big spenders, need to be with limited local numbers. However have always recruited decent footballers with plenty of upside and have stayed for several years. Their sides that lost the 2 consecutive GF's was largely as a result of solid recruiting over several years. An unsure why exactly they had gone down the path of Switala, Halliday etc as they were never long term options. Hope for their sake they can't climb the ladder with the new recruits.

When 10-15 A graders walk away from a footy club its gonna hurt no matter who or wat club it Is so maybe give it 3-4 years and then judge the people who do the recruiting. Still a very young side with no doubt lots of improvement needed but I feel they heading in the right direction with the players they had last year and the recruiting they doing this year. Just wait and see I guess.

Not disputing that at all. Crows will discover that those year also.
However Switala, Halliday etc on the wrong side of 30 for a reasonable amount of $$ when as you say are looking to rebuild after losing so many, wouldn't exactly say they were long term rebuilding type recruits.
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:14 pm

if you're going to spend big amounts do it wisely with players that are worth their money, don't just throw away a small towns dollars and not become accountable[/quote]
Bet Bute is in better shape this yr than Hamly is.[/quote]

all bute coach has done past two years is waste a small towns money over inflate average footballers price which hurts the whole sa payment market and previous clubs[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but angaston has won 1 flag ever? Does that mean they have wasted all their cash over the years on players with no successes?[/quote]

Only out by 21 flags mate but who's counting
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times

Postby Wee-man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:33 am

daysofourlives wrote:Dogsbreakfast please you're comparing bute with two premierships sides in padthaway and hamley?

Bet Bute is in better shape this yr than Hamly is.[/quote]

all bute coach has done past two years is waste a small towns money over inflate average footballers price which hurts the whole sa payment market and previous clubs[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but angaston has won 1 flag ever? Does that mean they have wasted all their cash over the years on players with no successes?[/quote]

Only out by 21 flags mate but who's counting[/quote]
Fair call..... Could only see 1 in 2003, didn't dig that deep though. The point being they haven't exactly been the most successful club over the years so no idea why Borat is hanging so much crap on bute?
Wee-man

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Borat » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:36 pm

we don't offer players 1200 when their worth 500. or 700 when they are worth 300
Borat

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Borat wrote:we don't offer players 1200 when their worth 500. or 700 when they are worth 300

You seem to know how much people are getting at other clubs Borat!! Love you to put some dollars to some imports around the different leagues and see how close you are. The bush telegraph that you seem to get your information from is quite often over inflated. I think all clubs pay too much for players so no-one is any better than the other!
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy