Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Penisula league

Postby wallydog » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:25 pm

Boys can people tell me in their honest opinion what the hell is going on in Wallaroo? Why cant they field a decent team, ever? No offence to the players there but really they havent been competitive in years! Pitty as there was a stint where they were very very good and even snagged a few flags (late 90's I reckon). I know the club has/had big money (2004-2006) but clearly just havent recruited well.
Is it bad admin? Coaching? Dud recruits? Out of money?

Yes things are somewhat challenging at Wally at the moment. I dunno about us ever being able to field a decent teams in recent years, but our biggest problem this year is we have a stack (as in probably 13-16) of 17-22 year olds who have only played a fistful of A grade footy. Young Minds, Immature bodies which get pushed off the ball to easily, can all be attributed to some of the one sided results.

When you take some fairly handy recruited outside players which we had last season, and replace them with a senior colt or someone who has played only a handful of senior matches, of course it's going to take time for things to click.

Definitely NOT bad coaching. Obviously things are hard when we're not getting the results we'd like but as anyone who saw the game on the weekend against Bute, our players are starting to become more accustomed to the gameplan which is being drummed into them, and I'm sure we'll have some fairly competitive matches for the rest of the season, starting this week against Ardrossan.

Probably our biggest asset over the upcoming off-season would definitely be a bloke who has just left SANFL ranks, ideally League. I dunno how many times this year we have been pumped by someone like David Westbrook or Troy Clements, just because we don't have anyone who is in the same class as them.

Football is a funny game, and Wallaroo's time will certainly come again, sooner rather than later. Then all those knuckleheads who love stickin the boots into us at the moment, will be sitting very quietly in the back of the room

GO U DOGGIES!!!!!!
wallydog
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby carey » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:31 pm

wallydog wrote:
Boys can people tell me in their honest opinion what the hell is going on in Wallaroo? Why cant they field a decent team, ever? No offence to the players there but really they havent been competitive in years! Pitty as there was a stint where they were very very good and even snagged a few flags (late 90's I reckon). I know the club has/had big money (2004-2006) but clearly just havent recruited well.
Is it bad admin? Coaching? Dud recruits? Out of money?

Yes things are somewhat challenging at Wally at the moment. I dunno about us ever being able to field a decent teams in recent years, but our biggest problem this year is we have a stack (as in probably 13-16) of 17-22 year olds who have only played a fistful of A grade footy. Young Minds, Immature bodies which get pushed off the ball to easily, can all be attributed to some of the one sided results.

When you take some fairly handy recruited outside players which we had last season, and replace them with a senior colt or someone who has played only a handful of senior matches, of course it's going to take time for things to click.

Definitely NOT bad coaching. Obviously things are hard when we're not getting the results we'd like but as anyone who saw the game on the weekend against Bute, our players are starting to become more accustomed to the gameplan which is being drummed into them, and I'm sure we'll have some fairly competitive matches for the rest of the season, starting this week against Ardrossan.

Probably our biggest asset over the upcoming off-season would definitely be a bloke who has just left SANFL ranks, ideally League. I dunno how many times this year we have been pumped by someone like David Westbrook or Troy Clements, just because we don't have anyone who is in the same class as them.

Football is a funny game, and Wallaroo's time will certainly come again, sooner rather than later. Then all those knuckleheads who love stickin the boots into us at the moment, will be sitting very quietly in the back of the room

GO U DOGGIES!!!!!!

good to see and hear some 1 with passion for there footy club good on ya champ i played against wallaroo 2 years ago and it was a great feel around the club then i wish ya's all the best with it mate .
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby rangerbob » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:51 am

we may have a couple big players but, we are are also struggling at 7th on the ladder. Was good to push the cougars on the weekend but we still cant put 4 quarters together, let it slip for just 10 minutes in the third and they made us pay.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:19 pm

we may have a couple big players but, we are are also struggling at 7th on the ladder. Was good to push the cougars on the weekend but we still cant put 4 quarters together, let it slip for just 10 minutes in the third and they made us pay.

Will be very interested to see how you blokes go this week if you don't have Clements. He kicked 8 or 9 against us earlier in the year. An absolute gun!

We played Cougars 2 weeks ago, and they are a very good side. Should be a Kadina V Cougars Grand final.

Hopefully a big chance this week against the Roos. Went down to them by 2 goals last time we played them, and I think we showed last week against Bute, we are becoming capable of matching sides, although the final quarter against Bute was disappointing.
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:42 pm

yeah, should be good this week, clements is playing for us so we should be at near full strength, and if we can pull four quarters together we should push bute.
you blokes prob just need that win to get confidence in the boys and then should push a few more teams.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby carey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:12 pm

hey wallydog i would rule pasky out just yet .
whats going on with kadina 2 years ago they could'nt beat them selfs now there looking like playing in a g/f whats with that ? big recuits ? young kids ?
carey
Coach

Postby wallydog » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:30 pm

hey wallydog i would rule pasky out just yet .
whats going on with kadina 2 years ago they could'nt beat them selfs now there looking like playing in a g/f whats with that ? big recuits ? young kids ?

Dunno about Pasky Carey. They did alright against us earlier in the year, but then so did everyone else. But I dunno if they can take the final step and win a premiership. Grand Final maybe. Well I certainly hope so if it means Kadina aren't there!

Kadina have recruited extremely well. David Westbrook who was playing League SANFL Footy for WWT last season, and could quite easily still be playing league for them, has had an absolute field day for them this year, being BOG in every game bar 1 or 2. Also recruited 2 young lads with SANFL underage experience in Ben Waller and Josh Lawson, who are fairly handy players.
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby Not a poster » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:55 pm

Girdy is a fairly handy player for themas well.
Not a poster
Mini-League

Postby carey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:58 pm

think page was there coach when i played against them they wernt real flash at all but saying that nor were we . wallaroo were keept in most games by flynn , broady and the ruckman was it dunno or something like that ? oh and 1 of the beanies was always in your best i remember we had a draw at your ground on the coldest day ever .
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:01 pm

is that girdham? heard of his name abit but not sure if i ever seen him play .
was 1 of the sanbury's there aswell derek i think ex dogs player ? oh and ricky buttlar who i know believe is at gaza .
carey
Coach

Postby wallydog » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:09 pm

is that girdham? heard of his name abit but not sure if i ever seen him play .
was 1 of the sanbury's there aswell derek i think ex dogs player ? oh and ricky buttlar who i know believe is at gaza .

Yeah Daniel Girdham is fairly handy. From memory he kicked 9 in the 1st game of the season against Ardrossan, been a bit quiet on the scorecard since then though. The Derek Sansbury is playing B grade for Kadina. Not sure if it's the same one who played for Centrals, but lets just say if it is he's let himself go. They call him PIG!

think page was there coach when i played against them they wernt real flash at all but saying that nor were we . wallaroo were keept in most games by flynn , broady and the ruckman was it dunno or something like that ? oh and 1 of the beanies was always in your best i remember we had a draw at your ground on the coldest day ever .

That'd be Damian Page who is the Wallaroo A grade coach this season. He coached Kadina a few year back. Flynn was a very handy player for us as was a bloke named Ebert (Shane I think?) Dunno the Ruckman is still going strong for us.

Looking forward to playing your old side this week Carey, will be an absolute belter for the spoon!
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby carey » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:17 pm

nah i use to play for the southern eagles mate .
carey
Coach

Postby Big Dog » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:21 pm

They would nearly be the only team in country sa you havent played for carey!!!! ha ha
Big Dog
Rookie

Postby carey » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:22 pm

Big Dog wrote:They would nearly be the only team in country sa you havent played for carey!!!! ha ha

i'v played for four clubs my hole life big dog
carey
Coach

Postby rangerbob » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:24 am

July 14th 2007 Round 13
Moonta (6) v S Eagles (5)
Ardrossan (8) v Wallaroo (9)
Kadina (1) v Paskeville (3)
Bute (4) v CMS Crows (7)
CY Cougars (2) Bye

interesting round this week, with all four matches looking to be a tight contest.
the pick being 1 v 3 to see really where paskeville are at.
we will be pushing hard to see if we can knock a top four team off in bute.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:33 am

July 14th 2007 Round 13
Moonta (6) v S Eagles (5)
Ardrossan (8) v Wallaroo (9)
Kadina (1) v Paskeville (3)
Bute (4) v CMS Crows (7)
CY Cougars (2) Bye

interesting round this week, with all four matches looking to be a tight contest.
the pick being 1 v 3 to see really where paskeville are at.
we will be pushing hard to see if we can knock a top four team off in bute.

RB, we played Bute last Saturday, and where with them until the last change, when they broke away in the last quarter. Going on last weekend they are very beatable and may struggle against the higher teams like Kadina and COugars. Just make sure you've got someone who can run with Pascoe, he killed us at times around the ground last week and we had noone with the same height to match him. If you got someone to keep Jacko to 1-3 goals it helps aswell.

Tips for this week:

MOONTA to def Southern Eagles. (Provided the right Moonta turns up)
WALLAROO to def Ardrossan by 4 goals.
KADINA to def Paskey by 7 goals.
BUTE to def Crows by 10 points.
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby the wonder elephant » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:47 am

how are moonta going this year under the guidenece of ray ladhams ... is his son andy playing up there as well ?
will the scrape in to the 5 ?
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby rangerbob » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:41 pm

my tips
eagles
adrossan, sorry wally
kadina
crows

think that 3 of the four will be a close contest, and other than kadina wouldnt be surprised if i get my tips wrong.
we should be at full strength so we are confident of finally pulling four quarters together and knocking bute off.
wally, good luck, seems like you guys are coming together and should be a good chance to knock them off also.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:25 pm

wally, good luck, seems like you guys are coming together and should be a good chance to knock them off also.

Yeah same to you RB.

We had easily our best training session last night for the season, so we feel ready to take on the Roos, but there's been other times throughout the year when we've looked ready and done nothing, so we just gotta hope that the young kids bring the right attitude with them and don't think it's all just gonna happen by itself.

You'd be pretty happy Troy Clements isn't required in Pt Pirie this weekend would you??
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:33 pm

yeah very happy hes playing for us, as you know hes a huge part of our team.
he couldnt go up to pirie with the squad due to family commitments, but i know he was looking forward to playing for the association. Just better for us that he cant. lol
if i can finally get off my arse and get a kick and finish with a couple goals we wouldnt need to rely on him as much. same with our other forwards.
rangerbob
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy