Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Penisula league

Postby Start » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:01 am

Results

What a round 3 games decided by less than 2 points!!

Moonta 4.2 11.2 12.7 18.11 (119)
    Southern Eagles 1.5 4.9 11.10 12.13 (85)

Ardrossan 5.4 9.9 13.13 13.16 (94)
    Wallaroo 3.2 6.4 8.7 13.14 (92)

Kadina 2.4 8.8 15.9 17.10 (112)
    Paskeville 6.0 8.3 11.7 17.8 (110)

Bute 1.1 4.6 7.9 12.12 (84)
    CMS Crows 0.4 4.6 10.8 12.10 (82)

Start
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby wallydog » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Shattering loss for us yesterday!

Full credit to Ardrossan though, they deserved the win.

To get within 2 points after being 36 points down at the final change, was heartbreaking for the team, but unfortunately we let ourselves down with the first three quarters of footy. Guess we'll just have to regroup next week and have a crack at Kadina.

Was an interesting finish to the match yesterday actually. Scoreboard at the final siren showed Ardrossan up by 1 point, and we had a shot on goal from about 60m out after the siren. The kick didn't make the distance but if we had have scored a point to 'level' the scores only to find out afterwards that we actually lost because the scoreboard was incorrect would have been even more shattering. Has that ever happened in a game before?
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:43 pm

bad luck wally, we had a same result, but we were the ones leading at the final change. up by 3 goal at the last change and then to let the game slip through our hands was shattering. That was our best chance to knock off a top side yet. Once again just having a ten minute lapse cost us the game. On the bright side we are pushing the tops sides to the wire and are getting closer to knocking them off.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby Start » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:10 pm

looks like your not far off a win Wally
Start
Under 16s

Postby footy_pie » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:33 pm

A tight win for Ardrossan and another BOG for S Teakle, has that guy been out of the best players all season? Clearly he would have the B&F wrapped up, and if they had won a few more games would have to be a favourite for the league medal?
Fact #416 Harvey lost a testicle but gained a wife
footy_pie
Rookie

Postby rangerbob » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:43 am

July 21st 2007 Round14
Kadina (1) v Wallaroo (9)
Ardrossan (8) v CY Cougars (2)
Paskeville (4) v Bute (3)
CMS Crows (7) Mi v S Eagles (5)
Moonta (6) Bye

looking forward to this week with a good chance to put one over the eagles. If the eagles lose this one they will have a tough run to stay in the five with them only playing the top sides to finish the year off.
tips, kadina, easy win
cougars, easy win
paskeville, 7 goal
crows in a tight one
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:28 pm

Good luck this week RB.

Going to be a tough match for us this week. Kadina are flying at the moment, and we are struggling to put 22 on the park this week due to injuries. All we can do is compete I guess and see what happens.

Should be an interesting round this week aswell, Here's my tips:

Wallaroo to defeat Kadina by 1 point in an absolute thriller. (Gotta be positive)
CY Cougars to defeat Ardrossan by 20 goals (Will kick 10-15 goals in the last quarter. We kicked 5 and probably should have had 10 against them in the final term last week, so who knows what the Cougars are capable of.)
Paskeville to defeat Bute by 6 goals (Just going on how Bute played against us a few weeks back)
Southern Eagles to defeat Crows by 24 points
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:14 pm

yeah good luck to you to wally
yeah we have a few injuries to, and unfortunately for me i have to work so one less game for me.
but even so, we are confident after last week that we could pull off a win and start the rot for the eagles.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Results for Round 14:

Kadina: 20-16(136)
Wallaroo: 3-2 (20)

CY Cougars: 20-12(132)
Ardrossan: 7-3(45)

Paskeville: 17-11 (113)
Bute: 7-6 (48)

CMS Crows: 12-11 (83)
Southern Eagles: 7-12 (54) =D> Well Done RB.

Very disappointing result for us on the weekend against a very undermanned Kadina lineup. We were fairly depleted through injury aswell, so I guess it evens out though. Looking forward to having a crack at the Crows who should be briming with confidence after their win against the Eagles. Geez how much must they be missing Adam Pitt. They've gone to water since he left.
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:20 pm

thanks wally, yeah we had a few out also so was good to get the win. Unfortunetly for me i missed it so will be looking to try and get one over you boys this week.
yeah the eagles have gone down hill lately, and with only playing the tops sides left, i think they will struggle to win another game this year and miss the finals.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby rangerbob » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:11 am

July 28th 2007 Round 15
CMS Crows Mi (7) v Wallaroo (9)
S Eagles Y (5) v Paskeville (3)
Moonta (6) v Ardrossan (8)
CY Cougars (2) v Kadina (1)
Bute (4) Bye

my tips
crows 3-4 goal
paskeville easy win
moonta 6-7 goal
kadina 5 goal

its on this week wallydog. both teams playing better footy and looking for the win. i'm lining up in the forward pocket so i'll do my best to put a couple through.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:19 am

Couple of fairly interesting matches this week.

CMS Crows VS Wallaroo @ Minlaton
Southern Eagles VS Paskeville
Moonta VS Ardrossan @ Moonta
Kadina VS CY Cougars @ Maitland.

All 4 games have the potential to be fairly close encounters. The Moonta V Ardrossan game perhaps being the exception depending on which 'Moonta' turns up.

Looking forward to making the long trip down to Minlaton to get a look at the Crows. Will get to see the great Troy Clements up close and personal at some point during the late game no doubt. Got 1 or 2 handy players back this week so we're looking forward at having a crack at our opposition who should be cock a hoot after last weeks surprise win over the struggling Eagles.

Here's my tips for this week.

Wallaroo by 12 points
Paskeville by 12 goals
Moonta by 19 goals
CY Cougars by 19 points
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby wallydog » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:23 am

Think I'm lining up in the forward pocket aswell RB, although there's every possibility I could be in the back pocket. Look forward to it, our training was very enthusiastic last night, something which hasn't occured since probably round 1 this year, so lets hope we can put up a good performance against your mob.
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:29 pm

will be very interesting wally, what number are you? i'll be looking for you to kick a couple on ya, haha.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby colliver69 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:23 pm

It happened in the 1979 Yorke Valley Grand Final, when Port Victoria beat Maitland by a point.....late in the final quarter at Moonta, a behind scored by Pt Vic was put on the Maitland score and when the siren went Maitland were shown to have won by 1 point, but the scores were changed shortly after and Pt Vic won the '79 Flag..I was there as a 8 year old watching

sad part is by the end of '85 Pt Vic were no more!

Regards Lawrie Colliver Editor countryfooty.com.au

wallydog wrote:Shattering loss for us yesterday!

Was an interesting finish to the match yesterday actually. Scoreboard at the final siren showed Ardrossan up by 1 point, and we had a shot on goal from about 60m out after the siren. The kick didn't make the distance but if we had have scored a point to 'level' the scores only to find out afterwards that we actually lost because the scoreboard was incorrect would have been even more shattering. Has that ever happened in a game before?
Check out http://www.countryfooty.com.au - the home of SA Country Footy on the net
colliver69
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby wallydog » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:50 pm

Disappointing result for us on the weekend. Should have got a lot closer than we did to the Crows.

Bloody Troy Clements absolutely 'dominated' against us, would have easily had 50 touches and kicked a lazy 8 because we had nobody anywhere near the same class that could run with him.

Be Interested if RB, can tell me the result of Clements report??? I didn't see it myself, just saw the aftermath when our players where trying to have a crack at him, and for the two players who did try to have a crack at him to be doing so, it must have been pretty dirty.

Ah well, only 2 more games to go this season. Playing Paskey who are flying at the moment followed by a bye and Moonta, who'll probably be playing for a finals berth.
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:04 am

yeah was good for us, we were happy with the win.
not sure about the report i didnt see it either, i was puffing to much, lol.
will let you know when i hear the result tho.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:44 am

So what happened to you on the weekend RB???

U didn't end up lining up in the forward pocket did you??? Was looking forward to playing on you and was disappointed not to. Would be very interested as to how many of your 23 goals your full forward line would have kicked?? I know I got sick of seeing the ball sail over my head after being kicked through the big sticks by a midfielder / flanker.
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:45 pm

yeah, i was forward pocket all day, no. 22.
got 2 goals 3 myself, but i played up on the fifty and ran in. which one were you, don't tell me we stood each other?
yeah i know the full forward i think was getting sick of leading by the end of the day.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:16 pm

No.28.

Was playing on your No.8 in the back pocket until just before 3/4 time. Doing the kickouts from full back aswell. Although I must say doing them fairly averagely at times. Then played in our forward line in the last quarter.

lol it was me who gave away that 50m penalty to Clements just before 3/4 time when I thought he had played on.

Was a very frustrating match. I remember thinking in the first quarter "we're not doing to bad" and then looking at the scoreboard and seeing you blokes had kicked 6 or 7 goals. It was just that sort of match. It seemed to be reasonably even, you blokes just had the class to finish your opportunities when you got them.
wallydog
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy