Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Penisula league

Postby wallydog » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 pm

Fair to say your not usually No.22 RB???

The two number 22s listed in the budget on the weekend didn't score any goals that's all.
wallydog
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby rangerbob » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:10 pm

i didnt see the budget but im normally 22, i was listed in the paper, proof i got 2 kicks anyway,lol. i stood no 14 i think.
well i woulda been near you puffing pretty well, i'm pretty unfit. i kicked my 2 in the second quarter from set shots. one was from a free i got from getting dumped after i kicked the ball.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:47 pm

Yeah you would have been standing Goody then, He's only 17. I was playing on the other forward pocket Longbottom or something I think they called him, was number 11 I reckon.

Atleast you got dumped and got a free kick. There was one in the second quarter where our Number 25. according to the umpire "Attempted to dump a player after disposal." That resulted in a goal to my opponent. How can you attempt to dump a player after disposal?

Was a very disappointing day all round for our club. The Senior colts may have blown a double chance by losing to your mob, after they where leading by 5 goals at 1/4 time, and the B grade are now out of finals contention after their loss.
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:25 am

August 4th 2007 Round 16
Bute (4) v Moonta (6)
S Eagles Y (5) v CY Cougars (2)
Paskeville (3) v Wallaroo (9)
Kadina (1) v CMS Crows (7)
Ardrossan (8) Bye

wally, yeah not sure bout details but clemo got off and is clear to play this week.
will be interesting for us playing the top side, a good indicator to see how far we have developed over the year.
you blokes also have a tough one with paskeville playing some good footy.

my tips
bute 5 goal
cougars 8 goal
paskeville 10 goal, sorry wally
crows 2 goal, can only hope
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Yeah saw that one coming RB.

Apparently he gave our skipper a call during the week, to ask him put in a good word for him last night at the tribunal. But the fact that 'Dunno' said to the umpire when it happened "Report him! That's Reportable." probably made him useless to Clements case. As I said earlier in the week I didn't see it so can't really comment.

Will be a very tough match this week. Get the feeling a few people are more interested in Saturday nights festivities at the annual Bulldog Ball than actually havin a crack at Paskey. Oh well time will tell.

My Tips:

Moonta by 6 goals
Cougars by 10 goals
Wallaroo by 1 point.
Kadina by 15 goals. (Sorry RB, They're very good atm)
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:15 pm

i dunno either, never saw it, i just hear our side of it and im sure they are biased.
see we are both being very hopeful with our tips, lol.
on the bright side its a good indicator for both our teams to see actually where we are at.
im forward pocket again and just hope to get to see plenty of the ball down our end and hopefully snag a couple.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby rangerbob » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:53 am

we had a loss to the top side, being 6 goal down at quarter time was a bad start and we ended up losing by same margin.
after quarter time we kicked into gear and actually put the pressure on kadina and even got within 10 pts in the last to get them worried of a upset. but to their credit they showed they are the top side to steady and pull away again.
with that we showed we can push the top sides but have left it to late and cant make the finals.
will be going into the moonta game this week feeling very confident and have a real crack at finish the year with a couple wins.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby Not a poster » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:38 pm

did you give girdy one johnny?
Not a poster
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 pm

not a poster, you obviously know who i am, who are you?
yeah kept stepping on his toes to stop him running away, and ran him into the ground in a couple tackles to let him know i was there.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby rangerbob » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:22 am

August 11th 2007 Round 17
Kadina (1) v S Eagles (5)
Ardrossan (8) v Paskeville (2)
Moonta (6) v CMS Crows (7)
CY Cougars (3) v Bute (4)
Wallaroo (9) Bye

with just 2 rounds left the top 5 is decided, just in which order they finish is to be determined.
with 4 of the top 5 playing each other it will play a big part in who finishes where.
after pushing the top side last week we are going in confident of putting one over moonta this week to finish the year with some wins.
tips
kadina 7 goal
paskeville 15 goal
crows 5 goal
cougars 5 goal
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:41 am

You could do us a massive favour this week RB and knock Moonta well and truly out of finals calculations. Otherwise we'll be playing them next week with them possibly needing a 30 goal win to sneak into the top 5 on %. On the other hand if they've got NOTHING to play for it increases our chances of a win.

Tips for this week:
Kadina by 5 goals. (RB Is David Westbrook back playin for them yet?)
Paskeville by 20-25 goals (Pasekville to win the flag based on what I witnessed 1st hand last week)
Crows by 12 points
Cougars by 35 points (That loss would have hurt the Cats last week)
BYE by 10 points against Wallaroo lol (Ah well only 120 mins of footy left for 2007)
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:08 pm

we will do our best wally, keen to f*** up someones finals aspirations.
westbrook didnt play last week, which helped us , but we were without carslake to.
the 6 goal to nothing first quarter stuffed us and we were in it after that, got within 10 points in the last quarter before kadina ended our run with the overall margin the same as quarter time.
120min for u and 240 for me, and i missed about 6 or 7 games through injury. disapointing seeing havent played since 04 through injury as well.
oh well, finish the next two games and bring on next year.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:50 pm

Reckon Westbrook must have done a pretty decent injury then. He missed the week before we played you blokes with injury and hasn't been back since. Clements would have to be favourite for the Mail Medal now that Westy's struggling to get on the park.

Has been an extremely long and frustrating season for everyone at our club. I guess the only real positive apart from the performance and improvement of a couple of our younger blokes is that "The Only way is up." for next season.

lol I had to laugh at 2 photos in the local paper the week we played you blokes RB. It looked like a Senior Colts match VS A grade. Our players in the photos compared to your blokes where very tiny indeed. Probably a fair indication of where we are at as a team. Paskey where absolutely huge on the weekend. I played on probably 5 different opponents, 4 of which were a good foot taller than me.

It's hard to say, because the week we played Kadina they had the likes of Driver, Westbrook, Plugger etc out and where almost apparently fielding a colts side, but I would say from what I saw on the weekend Paskey would have to be flag favourites. They just don't have a weakness!
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:09 pm

yeah well years nearly over, we can both look to next year.
agree paskeville are looking the good. I reckon that if kadina get their players back they will still take it out.
well i hope kadina do, dont really want paskeville to win. lol.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby wallydog » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:48 am

Couple of interesting matches in the final round of the YPFL this weekend.

CMS Crows (7th) VS Ardrossan (8th) at Minlaton
Wallaroo (9th) VS Moonta (6th) at Wallaroo
Bute (4th) VS Kadina (1st) at Bute
Paskeville (2nd) VS CY Cougars (3rd) at Paskey
Southern Eagles have the bye

Whilst CMS Crows big win over Moonta last weekend has sealed the final 5 for 2007, There is still some position changes possible in the top 5 after this weekends matches.

Tips for this week:
CMS Crows by 11 goals
Wallaroo by 5 points
Kadina by 35 points
Paskeville by 29 points.

Looking to hopefully finish off a long and at times frustrating year, with a win over one of our arch rivals in Moonta. Crows finished their season off fairly easily by the looks of it last week, so we'll be hoping to break our duck in the last game of the season just as we did a few years back.

Should be a cracking finals series coming up, but Paskeville look far to good for any of the other sides at the moment. Definitely felt good to see Ardrossan lose by 150 points to them last week after we lost by 140 the week before. Doesn't make us look quite so bad.
wallydog
Mini-League

Postby rangerbob » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:23 am

yeah should be a good few games here wally.
was good to flog moonta last week, and from what i seen if you guys play like you did in the second half against us you should do them.
we are confident of finishing off on a good win, hopefully i can play as well, have a dodgy hamstring.
paskeville are looking good, but if kadina get all their players back i wouldnt write the ladder leaders off yet.
my tips
crows 12 goal
wallaroo 3 goal (backing you here wally)
kadina 8 goal
paskeville 8 goal
eagles to rest before losing first week of finals.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby schimma » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:03 am

What has happened to Moonta. Saw they got a fisting from wallaroo. I saw wallaroo vs Moonta first time around and Moonta won by 30 goals. So its a 50 goal turn around. Will ladhams keep the job next year.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby rangerbob » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:12 pm

moonta have dropped off a lot in the second half, but to wallaroos credit they have been playing ok footy just not four quarters worth.
looks like the finally did, good way for them to finish year off.
not just moonta, other than us (crows) winning, the games were all upsets.
going to be a real interesting finals next week with the premiership contenders losing on weekend.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby Mop Up » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:52 am

Finals start this week? What are the games being played?

How's Sammy Barlow going for the eagles?

Ladhams used to coach us at Ironbank in the Hills League. Hows Moonta going this year? Is it his coaching or more they don't have the cattle on the park? Is his son Andy playing?

cheers boys
Mop Up
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times

Postby tedbullpit » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:28 am

How has Brad Coles from SYP Eagles been going this season?
tedbullpit
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy