Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Postby Officejet » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:Albert Dunstan comes from eudunda played in 3 senior Colt premierships in a row, likely going home to play in a senior premiership

must be a typo,
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Officejet » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Any clubs started training yet ?

Brett Baillie back playing at the CMS.
Officejet
Under 16s

Postby Mex » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:17 pm

Officejet wrote:Any clubs started training yet ?

Brett Baillie back playing at the CMS.

Moonta this week
Mex
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Wallaroo last week
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Officejet » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Liam Cox back at the Crows,

Any new players at the Dogs, DB.
Officejet
Under 16s

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:15 pm

Very Quiet OJ. New committee finding life hard!
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Officejet » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:17 pm

lots of spots for the Committee's kids then.
Officejet
Under 16s

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Does this highlight some of the issues with country footy and why the SACFL are introducing the new rules. A club like Wallaroo seems to have decided to stop paying big money and are going to give the local kids a crack. Why should they be ridiculed for this if the size of the town means they can still get the required teams on the park. Didn't a Mt Gambier club go down a similar path some years back and ended up having their most successful era ever after maybe a year or two of getting A grade games into the young lads.

What is wrong with Wallaroo taking the same approach. At least they will have a group who will play for the jumper and not the $$$. And name me a football club Committee that doesn't have several with their own lads playing at the club. Provided the Coach is boss when it comes to game plan and selection, then no problems.

I can understand why small town clubs need to recruit because they just don't have enough locals to field teams although the $$$ being splashed around by some small towns is bordering on obscene.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Officejet » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:42 pm

Maybe, but I keep hearing the locals (that’s Dads aren’t on the committee) are already righting the season off.
A well ran club finds that balance between locals and those who travel, maybe that’s why Norsworthy could see the writing on the wall and has gone to Moonta.
Whilst players payments go down, with no wins so does the income from Bar, Social Events etc.

Test, any thoughts?

But I reckon at this stage the entire comp. will be a lesser standard next year, seems to be more good players leaving that coming in.
Officejet
Under 16s

Postby stevecgull » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:37 pm

good call DtH but this is not the case from what im hearing.Recruiters trying hard but drawing blanks at every turn don't reckon any team anywhere can be competative without recruits especially in the country.Moonta seem to be making every post a winner in the recruiting $take$ and the Crows gaining momentum with good returning players.Geez OJ you seem to have good a contact at Doggie land as you seem to know a lot about them,interesting reading keep us informed
stevecgull

Been liked: 0 time

Postby hairy cat » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:30 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Does this highlight some of the issues with country footy and why the SACFL are introducing the new rules. A club like Wallaroo seems to have decided to stop paying big money and are going to give the local kids a crack. Why should they be ridiculed for this if the size of the town means they can still get the required teams on the park. Didn't a Mt Gambier club go down a similar path some years back and ended up having their most successful era ever after maybe a year or two of getting A grade games into the young lads.

What is wrong with Wallaroo taking the same approach. At least they will have a group who will play for the jumper and not the $$$. And name me a football club Committee that doesn't have several with their own lads playing at the club. Provided the Coach is boss when it comes to game plan and selection, then no problems.

I can understand why small town clubs need to recruit because they just don't have enough locals to field teams although the $$$ being splashed around by some small towns is bordering on obscene.

Ditto great call i recall Hamley bridge sacked a coach afew years ago
and recovered to win a flag
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Onthepunt » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Any news on recruits for each club before Christmas after all it is the silly season.
Onthepunt
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby test » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:30 am

Down the Hill wrote:Does this highlight some of the issues with country footy and why the SACFL are introducing the new rules. A club like Wallaroo seems to have decided to stop paying big money and are going to give the local kids a crack. Why should they be ridiculed for this if the size of the town means they can still get the required teams on the park. Didn't a Mt Gambier club go down a similar path some years back and ended up having their most successful era ever after maybe a year or two of getting A grade games into the young lads.

Easy comment to make from afar but it doesn't stack up in this case. It's not about picking players that want to play for the jumper it's about parents ensuring their kids get a game regardless of results.

Sponge had this club in the finals 3 out of 4 seasons, the best return since the glory days of the 90's, and in 2013 1 kick from a GF. The "new" committee which have done nothing but destabilize the club are in for a rude shock if they think they have the players to push for a flag.

Committed recruits wasn't the issue here, having the entire club support the committee, coach and A grade squad was the issue.

Some of the games I attended this year I've never heard so much abuse towards players and coaches from their own fans, no wonder they all ended up leaving.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Officejet » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:52 am

Agree Test, I saw that for myself when we played you guys, couldn’t believe it when I saw a group of your so called supporters sitting just left of your coaches box abusing your own players, and this was within a few minutes of the start. Then when I watched the final at Ardrossan same again,

I reckon every club has its share of internal issues. I know we have. But to carry like what I saw was just unreal.

It’s funny you speak of the 90’s, think you will find the new President is the son of the President when things went sour last time. Then a few families I know well got around the club and kept it afloat.

On another note, McMahon back at CMS. Few good in’s for the Crows.
Officejet
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Giles Ellis picked up work in Balaklava and is expected to sign with the Peckers later this week. Great get.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Officejet » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:53 am

Another one returning for the Crows, this time Nick Clift.
Officejet
Under 16s

Postby Officejet » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:29 am

On the NEFL Page.

Chris McLean (small forward) and Nathan Wright (ruckman) from Wallaroo signed with Min/Man,
Officejet
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:43 am

Officejet wrote:On the NEFL Page.

Chris McLean (small forward) and Nathan Wright (ruckman) from Wallaroo signed with Min/Man,

Signed?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Signed?

I heard they both signed there about a month ago.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:46 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Signed?

I heard they both signed there about a month ago.

I know Chris hadn't signed anywhere 2 weeks ago but was likely to be out there.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy