Another coach gone

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Another coach gone

Postby Hafey » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:21 pm

Have it on good authority that Barossa Districts coach is on the cusp of being shown the door after accepting a coaching job with another club in 2008 .

There are two sides to every story but wouldnt you wait till the years end before making it publicy known that you are abandoning the club when finals are in a few weeks . I guess that's why the coach in mention is skating on thin ice and wont see the year out , cant be good for moral when the coach bails out on a club on the decline .
What i dont know about football isnt worth knowing .
Hafey
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: Another coach gone

Postby Tanka » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:28 pm

As posted on the hills forum I believe Lobethal and Symonds have parted as well but he will coach the year out.

As for the Barossa coach there was talk at the start of the season that he was going back to town next year to coach....do you know where he is going??
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Start » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:14 am

So the coach is not gone then Hafey??

As like most clubs having to advertise for a coach every year, which means that the coach is on a one year contract and I am sure the current Barossa coach will full fill his contract on his part. As for 2008 Barossa are likely to advertise as part of their constitution anyway, and the coach would have not been guarantee the position anyway.

Hafey you should probadly wait until a coach has appointed for 2008 before making half c0cked remarks.
Start
Under 16s

Postby Hafey » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:43 am

Start, you sound like you know what exactly is happening up there in hill billy town Barossa Districts ..... So dont hold out on us , where is he coaching next year ? Will he last the season out ??

My comment was " wouldnt you wait till the years end before making it publicy known that you are abandoning the club when finals are in a few weeks "

I know if that happened at Port District he would of been flicked by now ...... Its the old saying " no man is bigger then the club "
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby Rapper » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:33 pm

Where has the Barrosa District coach accepted?
Rapper
Rookie

Postby Tanka » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:48 pm

Apparently Kilburn have not re signed their coach for next year....perhaps Occa is heading "home"...wonder how many he will take with him
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Hafey » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:26 pm

Tanka wrote:Apparently Kilburn have not re signed their coach for next year....perhaps Occa is heading "home"...wonder how many he will take with him

Probably on to something there Tank , Cant see Kilburn re appointing there current coach and Oconnor's coaching capabilities would be suited to no higher then A3 standard .
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby Start » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:39 am

Hafey wrote:Start, you sound like you know what exactly is happening up there in hill billy town Barossa Districts ..... So dont hold out on us , where is he coaching next year ? Will he last the season out ??

My comment was " wouldnt you wait till the years end before making it publicy known that you are abandoning the club when finals are in a few weeks "

I know if that happened at Port District he would of been flicked by now ...... Its the old saying " no man is bigger then the club "

Hafey, I am not in the know! But I would doudt that O'Connor would make his intentions for next year public in any regards, but he would be focused on this year finals and to finish the job he started with Barossa. He has a bit more creditability than to run off make those sort of statements.
Start
Under 16s

Postby Stirlo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:46 pm

Dissappointing to hear that journeyman Steve Occonner is leaving the bulldogs, but it will be interesting to see the Dogs back on there knees in 2008.
Stirlo

Postby holden06 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:20 am

I have been told that Steve Occonner is staying at the bulldogs. It is going around that he has already signed for next year.
You say I dont have guts but I do. Just ask my belt
holden06
Rookie

Postby Hafey » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:44 pm

holden06 wrote:I have been told that Steve Occonner is staying at the bulldogs. It is going around that he has already signed for next year.

Journeyman oconnor is coaching Kilburn next year from my sources in the BL&G , he has already sent Barossa broke and moving on .
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby 151 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:49 pm

from reports barossa had there sponsors day saturday
120 present....sounds like they are financial to me
pay their players every saturday night
owe nothing
very sound financially i am told
is districs ????????
Under 16s

Postby Stirlo » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:47 pm

Well hafey i must admit your sources were correct on this one.

In the local papers this week it was annouced that the barossa coach turning his back on a the club and his contract to coach Kilburn in 08.

The report mentioned that a former goal umpire Rian Nelson will be stepping into the fray. Any insight into this guy's coaching/football abilities?
Stirlo

Postby 151 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:21 pm

stirlo
as i am involved with barossa i can tell you the coach is not contracted to the bulldogs in 2008
he is only on a one year deal and always has been
Under 16s

Postby holden06 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:28 am

Over the last week information has come to me that Steve occonner is going to Kilburn in 08. What I was told that one of the Kilburn committee members was at a party had one to many and let it out that Oconner will be at kilburn in 08 and it will be put out after the BL&G grand final.
holden06
Rookie

Postby Hafey » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:30 am

holden06 wrote:Over the last week information has come to me that Steve occonner is going to Kilburn in 08. What I was told that one of the Kilburn committee members was at a party had one to many and let it out that Oconner will be at kilburn in 08 and it will be put out after the BL&G grand final.

You obviously didnt read Stirlos above comments stating it has already been published in a local paper that oconnor is coaching Kilburn next year .

Begs the question how the players will perform coming into the finals series under a coach who has already made it known he wont be there in 2008 .

Haven't been able to source any info on the goal umpire turned coach ( sounds like a rags to riches story ) but i am sure his wealth of knowledge from behind the sticks will be priceless ...... :shock:
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby holden06 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:18 am

story's have been out all season about occonners future in football. Last weeks write up was something that we have all heared before. as for the players, they only look at this year and think about it and the end of the season. That goes on at all club.
holden06
Rookie

Postby Start » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:13 pm

Gees Hafey you are a rocket scientist :roll:
Start
Under 16s

Postby Hafey » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:42 pm

Start wrote:Gees Hafey you are a rocket scientist :roll:

Actually its " football scientist "

I have been around a long time son and have forgotten more about our great game then you will ever know .
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby Start » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:45 pm

Hafey wrote:
Start wrote:Gees Hafey you are a rocket scientist :roll:

Actually its " football scientist "

I have been around a long time son and have forgotten more about our great game then you will ever know .

Mate i think you know squat!! you blow your own trumpet too much for somebody who thinks they know nothing??

btw Iam way to old to be your son!
Start
Under 16s

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy