Team of the year

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Team of the year

Postby Cohiba » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:44 pm

heater31 wrote:
BurraBoys wrote:
Littlelegs wrote:lot of good players in that bunch thats for sure. Interesting to see they only picked one player from div 2 and also picked cahill from d3, do they still pick side for each division.

Divisional teams of the year are going to be published in the budget this Thursday apparently

Also published by an independent media organisation. Nothing to do with the SAAFL.....

I guessing the Budget is the independent media organisation your referring to.... SAAFL has the "Bounce"...
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby test » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:17 am

lutz wrote:
test wrote:Interesting to see Peterson as first ruck, didn't do much for the Southern Eagles in the YPFL last year

Well I didn't see him last year, but have seen him on and off for the last 6 years. He would be the best ruckman I've seen at this level, and has had a great year.

No doubt he has, not questioning his selection just throwing his name up as a guy that didnt make a big impact in a country league, along with a few other players named before my post.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby lutz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:40 am

Teams of the Year for each division will be released by the independent Footy Budget this afternoon I have heard. Always interesting to see what these sides look like.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:54 am

lutz wrote:Teams of the Year for each division will be released by the independent Footy Budget this afternoon I have heard. Always interesting to see what these sides look like.

Correct. Footy Budget will be released at midday.

These things are always tough tasks to name though and are very subjective.

You could make a case for many players that missed out and there is always going to be a hard luck story especially with all our games not being televised ;)

Doesn't look like a bad team to me and there are a lot of posts about form in other leagues in previous years. I'm not sure how relevant it is to this years form in SAAFL.

Personally I think it should be purely made up of players from Div 1 and the team of the year should be done for each division. Albeit just a couple of reps from outside Div 1.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 861 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League