Ingle Farm
24%
BYE
33%

Total votes : 49

Re: Division C4 2013

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:28 pm

PNU to ink up with a commemorative 20-0 Falcon tatt in the next week or 2. :D

Also early programming has suggested we are staying in C4. Surely not :shock: Without sounding like an arrogant wanker, if any team needs to be promoted its an undefeated one :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:31 pm

wristwatcher wrote:PNU to ink up with a commemorative 20-0 Falcon tatt in the next week or 2. :D

Also early programming has suggested we are staying in C4. Surely not :shock: Without sounding like an arrogant wanker, if any team needs to be promoted its an undefeated one :roll:

early programming?????? D1 hasn't even finished yet, surely the saafl would have done that?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:48 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Also early programming has suggested we are staying in C4. Surely not :shock: Without sounding like an arrogant wanker, if any team needs to be promoted its an undefeated one :roll:

I sincerely hope not! PNU were streets ahead of the rest this year! Even last season were a very strong side, i dont think anyone in C4 would be particularly happy with playing for 2nd spot again :roll:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Also early programming has suggested we are staying in C4. Surely not :shock: Without sounding like an arrogant wanker, if any team needs to be promoted its an undefeated one :roll:

I sincerely hope not! PNU were streets ahead of the rest this year! Even last season were a very strong side, i dont think anyone in C4 would be particularly happy with playing for 2nd spot again :roll:

even the bottom side in C3 didnt get put down to C4
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:11 pm

It would be silly. I also heard they may be sent to C2 so who knows. I don't think it would be fair on C4 clubs if the top 2 stay
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:36 pm

wristwatcher wrote:It would be silly. I also heard they may be sent to C2 so who knows. I don't think it would be fair on C4 clubs if the top 2 stay

I wouldn't have an issue if Pulteney stayed, i think from 2nd to 7th wasn't a massive gap as results showed, was very close.

Brahma Lodge are looking to return to C4 possibly as well aren't they? Where do you fit all these sides!?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:14 pm

it is only a draft copy on sportingpulse but the C grade doesnt normally get confirmed until about February.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:00 pm

PNU to remain in C4??? Does this leave the door open just a little for Wristwatcher to maybe go around "just one more"???
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Neverwasgood » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:31 pm

With such strong numbers and heaps of under 18's coming up we might even push for a fourth side. I guess we won't know what numbers looks like til early next year. There are a few retiring also. WW to play on, that's what I heard!
Neverwasgood

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:PNU to remain in C4??? Does this leave the door open just a little for Wristwatcher to maybe go around "just one more"???

No mate. Im very done. Already making a lot of plans for next winter including Adelaide Oval membership, travel, checking out plenty of A grade and putting some serious ass on Eski time at the C grade. :D
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:05 pm

https://www.facebook.com/BlackwoodFootballClub

The Blackwood Football Club has taken the decision to enter our C Grade team into the Amateur League (SAAFL) for season 2014.
This was a difficult decision and not one taken lightly as we are fully supportive of the Hills Football League.
Ultimately we believed it was important that our players had the opportunity to play Saturday football in a full 18 round competition. We were not sure this would occur in the Hills League C grade competition.
It is now critical that we see as many players as possible at preseason. Please call Adam Pope on (0410438969) if you have any questions, or to introduce new players.
The C Grade will be in either the C3 or C4 division of the Amateur League; we will be advised in late January.
We feel this decision creates the opportunity for all BFC players to be involved in a quality, full season competition and to enjoy their football to the fullest.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1081 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Fricky » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:12 pm

zedman wrote:https://www.facebook.com/BlackwoodFootballClub

The Blackwood Football Club has taken the decision to enter our C Grade team into the Amateur League (SAAFL) for season 2014.
This was a difficult decision and not one taken lightly as we are fully supportive of the Hills Football League.
Ultimately we believed it was important that our players had the opportunity to play Saturday football in a full 18 round competition. We were not sure this would occur in the Hills League C grade competition.
It is now critical that we see as many players as possible at preseason. Please call Adam Pope on (0410438969) if you have any questions, or to introduce new players.
The C Grade will be in either the C3 or C4 division of the Amateur League; we will be advised in late January.
We feel this decision creates the opportunity for all BFC players to be involved in a quality, full season competition and to enjoy their football to the fullest.

Wow. They won the flag in the Hills C Grade comp last year and I would think they would do well in C1 let alone C3 or C4. One question is, will they charge an entry fee to visiting players when playing at Blackwood?
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:00 pm

I didn't even realise a club could be affiliated in 2 different leagues...

What about blokes that get dropped from B's to C's? DO they get a permit to play in the SAAFL C grade?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Verrrrry Interestinggggg!!!!!
Could it be a sign of things to come?????????????
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:02 pm

werent Mt Lofty close to joining the competition?

i know that the Mt Lofty juniors were wanting to join Metro South but got voted a no for this year
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Fricky » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Bluedemon wrote:werent Mt Lofty close to joining the competition?

i know that the Mt Lofty juniors were wanting to join Metro South but got voted a no for this year

As far as I know, Mt Lofty put it to their members that they cop their relegation to the Hills Country League or have the seniors move to SAAFL and juniors move to Southern Metro. The members voted on staying in the Hills in the end.

Interesting point by Footy Chick about B grade players getting dropped to the C's. Will Blackwood seek special permission to have all their players registered to two footy leagues, or will they have a limit on the amount of players they can register for the SAAFL?
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Cohiba » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Suri wrote:

Wow. They won the flag in the Hills C Grade comp last year and I would think they would do well in C1 let alone C3 or C4. One question is, will they charge an entry fee to visiting players when playing at Blackwood?

Why not play a full season using whatever the number of C grade teams in the Hills comp albeit some might clash three times.....the AFL does it......(ie 18 sides and 22 rounds). Far less paperwork for the Clubs and Leagues I would think....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Killa » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:08 am

Cohiba wrote:
Suri wrote:

It is now critical that we see as many players as possible at preseason. Please call Adam Pope on (<a href="tel:0410438969">0410438969</a>) if you have any questions, or to introduce new players.

Why not play a full season using whatever the number of C grade teams in the Hills comp albeit some might clash three times.....the AFL does it......(ie 18 sides and 22 rounds). Far less paperwork for the Clubs and Leagues I would think....

Problem is with the c grade comp in the hills was there was only 5 teams participating. It seems a lot of clubs were doubling up each week.
Killa
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:37 am

im not sure why the Hills league is SAAFL problem.....if you wanna play both sides of the fence put blackwood in C1 rather then have them play in the lowest of the C comps

can see blackwood having a field day in C4 with B grade players and under 18s playing against lets face it older players and ones who dont train who wanna play it social still and keep helping there club

seems a bit of a pattern going on at the moment with the hills clubs if you dont like the current comp lets try and blackmail by saying we will go play SAAFL and the sad part is the SAAFL is falling for it hook line and sinker
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Fricky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:16 am

Robb_Stark wrote:im not sure why the Hills league is SAAFL problem.....if you wanna play both sides of the fence put blackwood in C1 rather then have them play in the lowest of the C comps

can see blackwood having a field day in C4 with B grade players and under 18s playing against lets face it older players and ones who dont train who wanna play it social still and keep helping there club

seems a bit of a pattern going on at the moment with the hills clubs if you dont like the current comp lets try and blackmail by saying we will go play SAAFL and the sad part is the SAAFL is falling for it hook line and sinker

A reason SAAFL HQ could be happy to have new clubs come in could be that it means more fees being paid to the SAAFL bank account.

If the Blackwood C grade come in and have a good couple of years playing in the SAAFL it could mean that Blackwood move the rest of the club over, considering people see the running of the Hills footy comps as pretty poor at the moment. That's if they hare happy to start in Div 6 and dominate for the next few years until they get to Div 2
Fricky
League - Best 21

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League