7%
Salisbury North
10%

Total votes : 29

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League -Division 2

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:26 pm

MW wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
MW wrote:What's going on at Goodwood. I expected them to do well in div 2, but don't look like they've settled yet. Only kicked one goal to the half last week.

Last years team was not what they used to be
I was skeptical in the face of all of the hype
30 years of fantatic achievements can mean nothing if the tide is against you in any one or more seasons
I thought they would take 2-3 years to get back to D1

I think they rushed their coach appt too. Nice to promote from within but promoting the B grade coach is not ideal imo.

I was told they appointed BJ as they wanted a coach who knew the players. Surprised Tom Pysing didn’t get it if he applied. He was the most logical as he has been senior assistant for years. I wldv thought they wld have gone with someone with SANFL experience..
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Yank Man » Sat May 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Watched Phos v Towns today, talk about a battle of the babies. Sooooo young both teams. It was a day for heads in the hands. Mistake after mistake. Me thinks both teams are already Div 3 bound. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby DTH43 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:00 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
MW wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
MW wrote:What's going on at Goodwood. I expected them to do well in div 2, but don't look like they've settled yet. Only kicked one goal to the half last week.

Last years team was not what they used to be
I was skeptical in the face of all of the hype
30 years of fantatic achievements can mean nothing if the tide is against you in any one or more seasons
I thought they would take 2-3 years to get back to D1

I think they rushed their coach appt too. Nice to promote from within but promoting the B grade coach is not ideal imo.

I was told they appointed BJ as they wanted a coach who knew the players. Surprised Tom Pysing didn’t get it if he applied. He was the most logical as he has been senior assistant for years. I wldv thought they wld have gone with someone with SANFL experience..

I have heard they enquired about a coach who had some sanfl coaching experience but he turned down the invitation to discuss the role.
DTH43
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Sticks28 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:06 pm

Yank Man wrote:Goody Sts by about 3 goals over Towns. Scores were level with 15 minutes to go. Frankly I didn’t see anything from the Saints to suggest they will dominate as most people think. Townies are very young with a few top end very good experienced players but there depth of quality is average, albeit a group of very young kids so good for their future.

Yank man spot on with his assessment of goodies not going to dominate the comp. They could well and truly be 0-6 or 1-5, only beating athelstone in the dying seconds and only beating Edwardstown by 3 goals with the game being tight most the game. Can definitely see them getting a few scalps back end of the year but not the greatest start to Div 2.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon May 20, 2024 7:53 pm

Sticks28 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Goody Sts by about 3 goals over Towns. Scores were level with 15 minutes to go. Frankly I didn’t see anything from the Saints to suggest they will dominate as most people think. Townies are very young with a few top end very good experienced players but there depth of quality is average, albeit a group of very young kids so good for their future.

Yank man spot on with his assessment of goodies not going to dominate the comp. They could well and truly be 0-6 or 1-5, only beating athelstone in the dying seconds and only beating Edwardstown by 3 goals with the game being tight most the game. Can definitely see them getting a few scalps back end of the year but not the greatest start to Div 2.

In reply to DTH43 I believe they went after the same SANFL coach Towns went after and he eventually said yes to Henley.

Sticks28 I was on the bench as an assistant at Brighton reserves in 2021 and the team I saw in the A’s against Towns in round 1 wasn’t a shadow of what I saw back then, so that’s where my assessment came from. Plus I know how poor Towns were going to be. They’ve lost some serious cattle but don’t underestimate a proud club especially on their own bog heap in the middle of winter. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby lumeqopo » Thu May 23, 2024 4:40 pm

Goodwood has lots of injuries, just starting to get a couple back. It will happen!
lumeqopo
Mini-League

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Sticks28 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:19 pm

lumeqopo wrote:Goodwood has lots of injuries, just starting to get a couple back. It will happen!

Yeah I don’t doubt that whatsoever - will be super dangerous back end of the year with how good the depth is of B and C grade of goodies. Wouldn’t want to play them first week of finals
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Sat May 25, 2024 7:47 am

Sticks28 wrote:
lumeqopo wrote:Goodwood has lots of injuries, just starting to get a couple back. It will happen!

Yeah I don’t doubt that whatsoever - will be super dangerous back end of the year with how good the depth is of B and C grade of goodies. Wouldn’t want to play them first week of finals

See Tom Carter named for Goodies. That’s a massive in. Was the best ruckman in Div 1 two years ago. Took last year off due to joining the fire brigade. He would also be super fit now.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat May 25, 2024 10:03 am

hollywood7477 wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:

See Tom Carter named for Goodies. That’s a massive in. Was the best ruckman in Div 1 two years ago. Took last year off due to joining the fire brigade. He would also be super fit now.

Tom's a great in and he doesn't get any smaller as the game wears on. No doubt he is fire fighting fit but that is very different to match footy fit so not sure you will see his best straight away. Either way a great asset. If your a PHOS Camden on-baller move through the defensive side to his left at about 45 degrees from his axis and you will the ball in your lap 20 times today. You're welcome Phantoms ;)

Still plenty of optimism above which is great for the Saints. This 3 week block is huge as they play the other 3 teams on 2-4. By my calculations they really need to win all 3 and turn 5-4 and then the finals hunt is back on track.
Should be too good for PHOS,
Uni haven't troubled the win column in over a month
Despite being 2-4 Iggies coming off back to back wins and 6 pretty solid outings look like they could be the big cjhallenge before the break
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League