u/8's colonel light v phos 30/4/06

Adelaide Footy League Talk

u/8's colonel light v phos 30/4/06

Postby bayman » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:22 pm

well they had their first defeat today & a few kids were upset including little bayman in the loss but i know that'll do them good as they have to know how to win & lose, the scores were

clg
2.0.12 3.0.18 4.0.24 4.0.24

phos
1.2.8 2.4.16 4.5.29 6.5.41

phos had numerous players that were above average in ability & played as a team while clg had many players that chased kicks with the better players darcy,connor,isaac & a couple of others that i dont know their names little bayman wasn't as good as last week but did show courage (dont know where he got that from) with smothers & the like & the umpire gave him a certificate for the most courageous & he got a few kicks as well.
i thought secret groups were a thing of the past, well not on websites anyway
bayman
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue May 02, 2006 7:52 am

The NEMJFA's littleys kicked off on Sunday.

40 or so teams in the u8's comp with Tea Tree Gully, Hope Valley, & Golden Grove entering 3 teams or more, most teams I've ever seen in the 8's.

On a personal note, the Fitzroy Blue u8's beat the Eastern Park Maroon u8's by 10 points with Mini Sheik booting the first goal of the season.

EDIT - Bayman, does the comp your in officially keep the scores or is it just for the clubs records.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Booney » Tue May 02, 2006 8:48 am

The Metro West JFL doesn't keep score for the U/10's at all.They do however keep scores for the U/12's and publish them in the paper each Tuesday.Next season will see the U/10's have bumping and tackling out lawed also.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

sheik

Postby bayman » Tue May 02, 2006 8:34 pm

no your not supposed to keep score but the clubs would like to know who won also the kids WANT TO KNOW THE SCORE its the idiot 'do gooders'/beauracrats that dont i remember when i was a kid we had scoring & we wanted to win & we did almost every week (it helped to win when you had future stars playing in your side) & as i said some of the players were teary when they lost & they knew they lost before even asking for the score & as umpire every week i'm ask by the kids whats the score at all the breaks
i thought secret groups were a thing of the past, well not on websites anyway
bayman
Coach

Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby cj_blacks » Fri May 05, 2006 3:25 pm

hay yeh my little brother is playing 8s for walkerville they beat TTG 67-0. didnt follow in his brothers footsteps at the mighty tigers but took my number 5 the little s***
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League