SAAFL movements?

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Postby Maddogmike » Thu May 04, 2006 8:18 pm

Bandar: I remember the wet game at Gepps 2 years ago, when we trailed all day and Stevo kicked a goal 3 seconds before the siren to win the game by 2 points. Think we had the club ball that night too. Almost as good as beating them the year earlier after trailing by about 7 goals at quarter time!

PHANTOMS spirit will always overcome the $$$ other clubs throw out.

BM? 2002 2nd Semi final win was also sweet when we murdered you at Norwood Oval and then you went out the following week in the prelim to Uni. HAHA
You can If you believe you can
Maddogmike
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby BM » Fri May 05, 2006 10:38 am

Barbara. If you dont know the correct facts why bother commenting. Smithy will be around for a while yet.MDM. You guys have the wood on us no doubt and good luck to you but dont get too cocky we will see what happens at Ram Park later in the year when we have more than 3 days to recover from the previous game. Never ceases to amaze me that we are branded as the big $$$ club. No denying we have paid good $$ to some players in the past but then again if any other club was as financially strong as ours I would assume they would do the same. What are we supposed to do stick it under a mattress? We are a professionally run club with 600 plus members,pokies, TAB etc. Just because we have clubrooms that you can fit more than 10 people in at a time and doesnt stink of stale urine we are a souless mob of mercinaries. Not so we are a close knit club that works hard in our local area to keep our club viable. 2000 + people at the ANZAC game is an example of that. Looking forward to the return bout against the cartoon characters.
BM
Rookie

Postby Barbara » Fri May 05, 2006 10:45 am

The Riddler wrote:
Barbara wrote:Relax BM. It was just an excuse to bring up the fact that Smithy is getting older and he won't be tormenting sides for too many more years to come.

Are you serious Barbara? Smithy is only 27 or 28 :?

He's obviously had a tough life then!
Barbara
Rookie

Postby Barbara » Fri May 05, 2006 10:47 am

BM wrote:Barbara. If you dont know the correct facts why bother commenting. Smithy will be around for a while yet.MDM. You guys have the wood on us no doubt and good luck to you but dont get too cocky we will see what happens at Ram Park later in the year when we have more than 3 days to recover from the previous game. Never ceases to amaze me that we are branded as the big $$$ club. No denying we have paid good $$ to some players in the past but then again if any other club was as financially strong as ours I would assume they would do the same. What are we supposed to do stick it under a mattress? We are a professionally run club with 600 plus members,pokies, TAB etc. Just because we have clubrooms that you can fit more than 10 people in at a time and doesnt stink of stale urine we are a souless mob of mercinaries. Not so we are a close knit club that works hard in our local area to keep our club viable. 2000 + people at the ANZAC game is an example of that. Looking forward to the return bout against the cartoon characters.

Change the record BM.
Barbara
Rookie

Postby Vits19 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:26 am

MDM, what are you talking about? The only time Gepps played at Norwood Oval in 2002 was when we won the Div 2 flag. Truth, good story, you know how it goes.

BM, looks like every one of the 15 supporters PHOS had at the game last Saturday is a poster on this forum.
Vits19
Mini-League

Postby bandar » Fri May 05, 2006 12:19 pm

MDM I reckon that might have been Kilburn that year. I don't think we've played Gepps in finals since the 80's.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby BM » Fri May 05, 2006 1:20 pm

No probs Barbara I will change the record when you and others get your facts right. Cant see that happening. Maybe selling pies and pasties in the canteen is more appropriate for you as you have NFI and you can catch up with gossip while doing your knitting. Dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.
BM
Rookie

Postby Barbara » Fri May 05, 2006 1:39 pm

You seem to be a very frustrated person BM. You have turned what started out as a bit of light humour (as good or bad an attempt it was) and dragged my comments in with those from these Phantom people into something much bigger. Try nasal spray technology sweetheart!
Barbara
Rookie

Postby leftrightout » Fri May 05, 2006 6:15 pm

I thought this thread was about SAAFL movements, not a PHOSC V Gepps slagging match!!!! Anyway BM, sounds like envy about the Phantoms! PHOSC is a little club that has a small but loyal match day following (maybe because most people around the area work Mon-Fri and do other things on the weekends, much like Goody Saints). They don't fork out bucket loads of cash for players but has won 2 Div 1 flags since 2000, didn't Gepps pay some B Grade players last year? I noticed that Gepps had about 1 player over 6 foot playing on Sat, I hope that wasn't you Vits19 running around in the 2's on Sat. MDM, remember in 2003 when Pohlner kicked a goal after the siren at Gepps to beat them by a point or two!!!. Chill
leftrightout
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Maddogmike » Fri May 05, 2006 9:23 pm

Ok what i wrote was misread. BM said at Kilburn people didnt like Tony Francis. So i presumed he was tied up with them. In 2002, PHOS ate kilburn for Brekky in the semi final - That is what I meant.

Sorry It was young malcolm that kicked it in 2003, not Stephens. Great win nonetheless.

Gepps Cross major sponsor is the Northfield Centrelink isnt it?
Maddogmike
Reserves

Postby aleague » Fri May 05, 2006 9:29 pm

BM it still appears you are a frustrated little man who likes to slag off at everyone but probably never amounted to much yourself. Ever played or coached yourself? Easy to criticise. Maybe you need to look for the positives in people rather than always criticising. You seem to act as if you know whats happening at the Cross but I bet you dont help at all but sit in the backround sniping. The truth hurt?
aleague
Mini-League

Postby Maddogmike » Fri May 05, 2006 9:52 pm

Reyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Reyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Brilliant!
Maddogmike
Reserves

Postby Vits19 » Mon May 08, 2006 9:47 am

A League you are an imbecile. How much did you want to wager as I can guarantee you that BM has had plenty of input both on and off the field at Ram Park over many years.

Yes leftrightout that was yours truly in the magoos, but there was not too much running being done on my behalf! But as you say easy money to be made in the GX B grade......your sources are unreliable to say the least :roll: .
Vits19
Mini-League

Postby stan » Mon May 08, 2006 9:53 am

A league, learn a bit more about someone before you start saying that they never amonted to much.
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby BM » Mon May 08, 2006 11:26 am

Just to clarify a few points. I have no axe to grind with PHOS as a club and admire them to a degree as they do quite well with what little they have at their disposal. Not to mention the fact the last time we beat them was last century. From personal experience I have my own opinion of your coach. However I am not going to sit by while b/s allegations are levelled at my club. To suggest we pay our B graders is ridiculous. In fact there is a guy running around at Gaza that insisted to be paid whilst playing B grade a few years ago. As a result the door hit him on the arse on the way out. A league lets compare credentials. GXFC Junior Life Member, Senior Life Member, Cricket Club Life Member. Served on senior committee for 8 years 5 as secretary,currently junior coach and involved with the GXFC past players Rooted Rams. Yes mate I sit by and do nothing for the club that I have been at for over 30 years.Whats your claim to fame? Barbara maybe we can get a good price on our medication if we get it together. The spray for me and hrt patches for you.
BM
Rookie

Postby Barbara » Mon May 08, 2006 1:29 pm

Good to see everyone has got some closure and we can all move on. Great win on the weekend BM. Did Chambers and Cotton have any influence?
Barbara
Rookie

Postby BM » Mon May 08, 2006 2:24 pm

Good call Barb lets move on as it has become tiresome. Cotton a few touches but no real bearing on the game and pretty sure Chambers did not play.Competitive first half but the gullies really did not offer much resistance after that with the last qtr being 1 way traffic. WSouth this week at Ledger will be tougher.
BM
Rookie

Postby duncs7 » Mon May 08, 2006 4:55 pm

Why dont u continue this in the Div 2 forum?
duncs7
Under 18s

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League