8%
SMOSH West Lakes
4%
Walkerville
26%

Total votes : 129

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2013

Postby Footy Follower » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to see the div 1 and 2 medal count votes for each club etc.
Also have the teams of the year been announced yet?
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Freaky Tah » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:08 pm

FroffiesMcVeigh wrote:Billy parks is said to have had Bute chasing his services. Billy has put a price tag of $500 in himself. Once again, after people's thoughts? Expect a mass exodus out of Blair Athol Reserve.

Have players not been paid again :lol: Too the game this weekend im going for portland to win B stokes to kick 7 8)
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby Gomer » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Hazel wrote:
Gomer wrote:Watched Districts in the lead up to last weeks game. The million dollar question for Port Districts is. Will they allow Westhoff to play this week after goin missing again?

Na he won't get a look in...

Not what was told to a mate of mine. Was told he will definately be in the side this week. Not sure if it's true or not. BIG call if it is gonna happen
Gomer
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Ramco

Postby Cohiba » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:13 pm

The Riddler wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Congratulations to Hayden martinello from flinders park who is the winner of division 2 medal for 2013.

Massive effort for a guy who was playing D5/6 3 years ago.

Didn't make the Div 2 Team of the Year either I got told. Wasn't even in the 35 man squad :shock:

Umpires and Coaches rarely agree when it comes to the B & F.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Footy Follower » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Seems a little strange to play the div 2R gf at 10am this week at thebby, then the div 5 replay and then the div 2 gf.
Being a part of div 2 this year I am going to watch the sides I competed against, not really interested in watching another game in between!!! They should have played the div 5 replay at 10am.
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:05 pm

Footy Follower wrote:Seems a little strange to play the div 2R gf at 10am this week at thebby, then the div 5 replay and then the div 2 gf.
Being a part of div 2 this year I am going to watch the sides I competed against, not really interested in watching another game in between!!! They should have played the div 5 replay at 10am.

I thought the same thing initially mate. I then realised that it is easier for the 2R to move 2 hours form their normal time slot then 4 hours for the Div 5 A grade to do the same thing. I woudl have maybe had the game for the div 5 GF after the Div 2 GF. A night GF maybe? A lot of suggestions have come out of it. I do see the sense fo the program. Or eeven they could have had the games starting at their traditional time slots and then the Div 5 as a twilight. Would have had all the people there after the other games. Bit of a different scenario but i will guess the league will learn what to do and not to do for next time. Should be a cracking day though.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Half Back Flanker » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:25 pm

I was down the pub tonight having a froffie and was told on good authority that Port Adelaide legend Greg Phillips will coach Kilburn next year !!!!
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 433 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby test » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:I was down the pub tonight having a froffie and was told on good authority that Port Adelaide legend Greg Phillips will coach Kilburn next year !!!!

Heard the same thing in my travels today
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Cohiba » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:02 am

Footy Follower wrote:Seems a little strange to play the div 2R gf at 10am this week at thebby, then the div 5 replay and then the div 2 gf.

Well...that's two of us who agree....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:12 am

Perhaps play the Div 5 at 2.15 at say Payneham, Kilburn, Hope valley or another ground who could get a grest day of grand Final hosting when all their volunteers and even leadership groups wouldnt have commitments at other grounds.

This game as a stand alone would get over a thousand people. I see the programming as moderately vexing but im sure their must be a good reason for it :?
So if the Div 2 GF is drawn this week it gets moved to a 12.15 game before Div 1 :shock: Just remember in the last quarter when its neck and neck where you heard it first ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 861 times

Postby Q. » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:19 am

Cohiba wrote:

The D5 game will be of a better standard than the D2R. Will be worth watching even if you've never seen those teams play before.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Whats it cost to get into Thebby for an adult tomorrow?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 861 times

Postby SATCHEL » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Whats it cost to get into Thebby for an adult tomorrow?

I think it's $12 to get in.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Whats it cost to get into Thebby for an adult tomorrow?

Too much.

I advise wearing your premiership medal & saying "I won a premiership, I'll do what I want"
Not that I know from experience... ;) :oops:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Follower » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Q. wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

The D5 game will be of a better standard than the D2R. Will be worth watching even if you've never seen those teams play before.

Debatable. But let's not open that old chest nut again!!! :lol:
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Footy Follower wrote:
Q. wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Debatable. But let's not open that old chest nut again!!! :lol:

maybe M.P could come argue about the standard then :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Cohiba » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:37 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Perhaps play the Div 5 at 2.15 at say Payneham, Kilburn, Hope valley or another ground who could get a grest day of grand Final hosting when all their volunteers and even leadership groups wouldnt have commitments at other grounds.

This game as a stand alone would get over a thousand people. I see the programming as moderately vexing but im sure their must be a good reason for it :?
So if the Div 2 GF is drawn this week it gets moved to a 12.15 game before Div 1 :shock: Just remember in the last quarter when its neck and neck where you heard it first ;)

Hope Valley was an option offered by the League. Would be about as far removed for both Clubs. Rejected immediately as FC refused to man the BBQ again. Would have snapped up Kilburn or Salisbury if given as an option. Payneham is a non event as I understand the Club did not offer up it's Oval for ANY finals this year.......stand to be corrected on the latter....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Cohiba wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Perhaps play the Div 5 at 2.15 at say Payneham, Kilburn, Hope valley or another ground who could get a grest day of grand Final hosting when all their volunteers and even leadership groups wouldnt have commitments at other grounds.

Hope Valley was an option offered by the League. Would be about as far removed for both Clubs. Rejected immediately as FC refused to man the BBQ again. Would have snapped up Kilburn or Salisbury if given as an option. Payneham is a non event as I understand the Club did not offer up it's Oval for ANY finals this year.......stand to be corrected on the latter....

Yeah, I get to man the canteen at Thebby instead for the 10am game :shock:

Might be a bit slow service, can't add very well in my head :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2172 times

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Yeah, I get to man the canteen at Thebby instead for the 10am game :shock:

Might be a bit slow service, can't add very well in my head :lol:

Hopefully they are selling beers this week. No alcohol for sale at the U18s GF Sunday :roll: ..... missed out on a stack of $$
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:16 pm

they'd probably rather miss out on the cash than have to call in cops for crowd brawls. You lot would die in VAFA. No alcohol available for sale until after the game!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2172 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League