6%
Adelaide Uni
2%

Total votes : 54

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:35 am

Q. wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:I bet it was a little sweeter for Modbury today

Just for the record buddy, we never made a complaint and Modbury were never forced not to play B-Graders.

Credit to them for winning, they played like they had a finals spot on the line. We played like we were thinking about having next week off.

Fair enough. But it is not what the opinion was of the Modbury player I spoke to at week's end. He thought it was a low act. I am certain making the finals and beating a team, he thought, had made the complaint, made it doubly sweet for him. Now whether the entire modbury team or club was of the same opinion, I do not know
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:49 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Q. wrote:

Just for the record buddy, we never made a complaint and Modbury were never forced not to play B-Graders.

Credit to them for winning, they played like they had a finals spot on the line. We played like we were thinking about having next week off.

Fair enough. But it is not what the opinion was of the Modbury player I spoke to at week's end. He thought it was a low act. I am certain making the finals and beating a team, he thought, had made the complaint, made it doubly sweet for him. Now whether the entire modbury team or club was of the same opinion, I do not know

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Maybe someone at the club was bending the truth to fire the boys up, who knows.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:52 pm

So the likely finals venues will be:

Houghton Memorial Oval
D7R Qualifying Final - Flinders Park vs SMOSH
D7 Qualifying Final - HDFC vs Adelaide Uni

Andrew Smith Reserve
D7R Elimination Final - Modbury vs Smithfield
D7 Elimination Final - North Pines vs Modbury
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Q. wrote:

so was it calculated how many div 3 bgraders ended up playing for their cgrade yesterday?

i heard around the traps a houghton player had a shot for goal with only seconds remaining to all to kick a point?

i also heard houghton bgrade had more agraders than bgraders but still could get the choccies :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:53 pm

marbles wrote:so was it calculated how many div 3 bgraders ended up playing for their cgrade yesterday?

i heard around the traps a houghton player had a shot for goal with only seconds remaining to all to kick a point?

i also heard houghton bgrade had more agraders than bgraders but still could get the choccies :)

I haven't had a hard look at their team and I'm not going to. As far as I'm concerned they didn't exploit the bye and played a team that they would have played any other week.

As for playing A-graders in the B-grade... Turn it up, we played our strongest A-grade side available. Dayman was dropped for the returning Shanahan and Birch played his first game in two months returning from a broken hand.

And yes, some dick missed an easy goal that would have won us the game.
Q.
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 pm

. Oops sorry lol wrong thread
Last edited by Phantom Gossiper on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:29 pm

pg pls
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:so was it calculated how many div 3 bgraders ended up playing for their cgrade yesterday?

I haven't had a hard look at their team and I'm not going to. As far as I'm concerned they didn't exploit the bye and played a team that they would have played any other week.

As for playing A-graders in the B-grade... Turn it up, we played our strongest A-grade side available. Dayman was dropped for the returning Shanahan and Birch played his first game in two months returning from a broken hand.

And yes, some dick missed an easy goal that would have won us the game.

ya'd have to say smithfield v modbury grand final :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:40 pm

Nah, I won't miss next time ;)
Q.
Coach

Postby tomo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:43 pm

marbles wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Q. wrote:

so was it calculated how many div 3 bgraders ended up playing for their cgrade yesterday?

We struggled on their massive poor condition oval!!!

No doubt about it, its no secret, we are a much better side at home and have a style that suits our small fortress better!!!

Good wake up call for the boys on sat and has shown us how hard we have to work to win finals!

We have a good bunch of players and we will bounce back just fine!
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby adr107 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:56 pm

A graders in our B grade gee there are some pure shit talkers on here hey. Totally untrue. Modbury we're a better drilled, organised side in the ressies game and well done to them. There are many things we could complain about but at the end of the day, we weren't good enough in either grade and had a shithouse day.

Seems with Modbury you either get a barrage of lippy, arrogant people when they win or the standard "you only beat our C grade side" crap when they lose. You can't really win sometimes with that bunch...always been the same. Good old local rivalries.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:11 pm

It was an emotional game with lots of lip from both sides, but at the end of the day I felt more than welcome in their clubrooms after the game.
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:03 pm

hmm contreversial adr107!!! only 2 posts in in 3 months and u had to log in to cover that one :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Yank Man » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:58 pm

marbles wrote:hmm contreversial adr107!!! only 2 posts in in 3 months and u had to log in to cover that one :)

Don't worry marbles me old mate, your D grade sandbaggers are still up there. :D

Good on Smiffies ressies to for sneaking in to the 5 after looking like their season was done. They could be very dangerous in the finals. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby adr107 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:33 am

Yank Man wrote:
marbles wrote:hmm contreversial adr107!!! only 2 posts in in 3 months and u had to log in to cover that one :)

Don't worry marbles me old mate, your D grade sandbaggers are still up there. :D

Good on Smiffies ressies to for sneaking in to the 5 after looking like their season was done. They could be very dangerous in the finals. :D

Jamie Lane playing in the 2's kicked 21 goals on the weekend....
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby GHS#33 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:36 am

Arch44 wrote:Heard today Wingies game got called off because some one belted the umpire. Hope this isn't the case.

More of a push than a strike, but yep, they lost the plot and the game was called off with about 10mins to go.
GHS#33

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:07 am

Must have been a full moon out west - 2 ump incidents within a 2km radius.

bizarre coincidence.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 am

Footy Chick wrote:Must have been a full moon out west - 2 ump incidents within a 2km radius.

bizarre coincidence.

SHOC isn't within 2 kms of Rosewater....
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:20 am

My bad, I thought the game was at Wingies.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Sass! » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:44 am

Before anyone says Modbury are complaining on here, im pretty sure im the first actual Modbury Poster so lets get that settled.. i made a big statement last week saying that a complaint had been raised with the league which it had, with only Henley and Houghton having anything to gain from making this complaint i pointed the finger at them, having a couple of Houghton posters make statements such as "Modbury will play half their B grade" in previuos weeks led me to believe they were the culprits but i could definitely have been mistaken.. i acknowledge that (Although i heard it said from the boundary mulitple times).

EIther way we did it with our C grade squad in one of the best home and away wins i have been a part of.. i actually ended up knowing alot of the Houghton lads and thought the game was played in great spirits on the field, a late goal was missed by Houghton but one of our lads kicked a snap with about 4 minutes to go that was clearly a goal by about a foot and was called a point, even the field umpire ran over to dispute it but had to go with the young goal umpires call in the end.. so either way the game could of been different..

Thought there was some ordinary and unnecessary actions and comments by supporters after the final siren but you get that in such a close game.. and im not referring to they young lads behind the goals who were adamant i had a spray tan and reminded me of this alteast 8 times a quarter.. didnt have the heart to tell them id just got back from Europe.. Bless em.

Either way we have made it now and look to the next challenge.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League