SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:44 pm

BurraBoys wrote:Now that most of the booze has worn off (for the time being), and the biggest part of celebrating has been done, wanted to thank SW for the game yesterday. Amongst the celebrations and pitch invasion, you don't get to shake as many hands as you'd like.

It was physical and niggly in parts but in all played in great spirits. As much as we don't like them, and probably never will, you learn to develop a healthy respect for the good teams you play against. I think they will do well in D3 next year. Wish them all the best.

To the game, they had us in the 1st quarter. We had enough of it, but were not clean. They got some quick goals and Aloisi looked dangerous. Even though, we were a few goals down, we were happy with where the game sat. Chucked a few magnets around at quarter time and it started to go our way. Kept winning contested ball, skills cleaned up and our forward press to close them down when we didn't have it forced them everywhere they didn't want to be. Our tackling was excellent.

That really was the theme for the rest of the game. Slowly we pulled away. Clearance numbers and contested ball firmly in our favour. We expected them to come at some point but it never really happened. If we kicked straights in The 3rd it would have been beyond doubt by the final break but the door was just open. They kicked back to back goals at one point in the last and I thought this could be when they come but when Sykes kicked one not long after it was going to be a big ask given the time left and how well we were running. We wanted to be the fittest side this year and the last quarter proved that finally.

Finally Brock Castree was best on ground and recognised by the umps for being a total jet. Very honourable mention to young josh Ingram who bossed Wellington. It wasn't our originally matchup for him but when we threw it around curb Aloisi's influence, the 18yr kid old in maybe his 4th game of agrade really made him look silly.

Great day for the club. Two flags hanging on the wall and 44 blokes that will now share a life bond.

Well done for your 2 wins, did any "a"grade players watch the "b" grade game? You would have thought your "a" grade coach would not wanted them there at 9.00am and then have to hang around for another game in between. It was shame for the first game being a grand final as I think the crowd looked empty at 9.00am in the morning.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby TEX07 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
BurraBoys wrote:Now that most of the booze has worn off (for the time being), and the biggest part of celebrating has been done, wanted to thank SW for the game yesterday. Amongst the celebrations and pitch invasion, you don't get to shake as many hands as you'd like.

It was physical and niggly in parts but in all played in great spirits. As much as we don't like them, and probably never will, you learn to develop a healthy respect for the good teams you play against. I think they will do well in D3 next year. Wish them all the best.

To the game, they had us in the 1st quarter. We had enough of it, but were not clean. They got some quick goals and Aloisi looked dangerous. Even though, we were a few goals down, we were happy with where the game sat. Chucked a few magnets around at quarter time and it started to go our way. Kept winning contested ball, skills cleaned up and our forward press to close them down when we didn't have it forced them everywhere they didn't want to be. Our tackling was excellent.

That really was the theme for the rest of the game. Slowly we pulled away. Clearance numbers and contested ball firmly in our favour. We expected them to come at some point but it never really happened. If we kicked straights in The 3rd it would have been beyond doubt by the final break but the door was just open. They kicked back to back goals at one point in the last and I thought this could be when they come but when Sykes kicked one not long after it was going to be a big ask given the time left and how well we were running. We wanted to be the fittest side this year and the last quarter proved that finally.

Finally Brock Castree was best on ground and recognised by the umps for being a total jet. Very honourable mention to young josh Ingram who bossed Wellington. It wasn't our originally matchup for him but when we threw it around curb Aloisi's influence, the 18yr kid old in maybe his 4th game of agrade really made him look silly.

Great day for the club. Two flags hanging on the wall and 44 blokes that will now share a life bond.

Well done for your 2 wins, did any "a"grade players watch the "b" grade game? You would have thought your "a" grade coach would not wanted them there at 9.00am and then have to hang around for another game in between. It was shame for the first game being a grand final as I think the crowd looked empty at 9.00am in the morning.

There was actually a decent number of the A grade boys there to see the B grade - they would absolutely have been forgiven if they didn't though, too long a day IMO if they were there at 9am - that's why the rest of us were there early to show the support!
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby footys the winner » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:07 pm

As a neutral supporter on the day I would say Wellington hardly got "bossed" I actually though he was really good. Had the team on his back. Very "Fyfe" like. Castree was a class above though.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby BurraBoys » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Wello is a great player and what he does stands out. Our stats had him at no goals, less than 5 marks and only about 12 touches. Not all effective either.
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:02 pm

TEX07 wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

There was actually a decent number of the A grade boys there to see the B grade - they would absolutely have been forgiven if they didn't though, too long a day IMO if they were there at 9am - that's why the rest of us were there early to show the support!

No problems was just wondering if the coach was happy for them to be there and then waiting for there game to start as it is big change in there routine, it didn't harm you as you won well. Maybe if they double the games up again which i don't think they should, maybe they should have d4 follow d4r etc.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Jetters » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:32 pm

BurraBoys wrote:
Jetters wrote:
lol.

SW by heaps.

Just gonna leave this here

I was supporting GG and thought they would win, Jetters' feelings are unhurt here. Just some banter.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby BurraBoys » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Div 4 TOTY announced in the budget today. All in all, hard to argue with the side picked. Got most of it right.

My gripe...Our back 6 concedes less than 1000 points for the season, nearly 200 points less than any other team but we have no one named?
Meanwhile for the second year in a row Aish who barely plays a minute of half back for Pultney gets a spot? Pretty sure Coad from EP is a midfielder as well. Can't win em all I guess.....
BurraBoys
Reserves

Postby No.43 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Same issue last year... poorakas back six was actually the best in all divs until rnd 14 and 1 selected... some questionable inclusions... however you rarely get the right in any grade.

Silly season has began.. any news on retirements, player moves or coach changes?
No.43
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Your fullback done alright he is D4 and D6 toty...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Lee Duggan was lucky to play 7 games this year I reckon and pretty sure we don't have a S.Anderson.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby BurraBoys » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Lee Duggan was lucky to play 7 games this year I reckon and pretty sure we don't have a S.Anderson.

Yeah I queried his selection as well. Picked on reputation. Like Aish.
Devalues to selection of the guys that deserved it.
BurraBoys
Reserves

Postby Q. » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:11 pm

BurraBoys wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Lee Duggan was lucky to play 7 games this year I reckon and pretty sure we don't have a S.Anderson.

Yeah I queried his selection as well. Picked on reputation. Like Aish.
Devalues to selection of the guys that deserved it.

How does the side compare to these TOTY?

http://safootballer.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/teams-of-the-year-2014.pdf
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby BurraBoys » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Worse in parts, better in some. I like the selection of Dempsey and Goldsmith. Huggard played on ball all year. Not a BP.
Sandercock played a lot on the wing as well.

Armstrong and Castree as cant and vice reeks of picking the best players as Capt.
S Peterson for captain. Best ruckman in the comp and captain of the best side
BurraBoys
Reserves

Postby No.43 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:38 pm

I think that 1 is worse... peterson wasnt even in there.. that one is worse than the first... i think to be named captain you need to captain of your club
No.43
Under 16s

Postby BurraBoys » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Post your team No 43
BurraBoys
Reserves

Postby No.43 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:53 pm

I would but i didnt really see enough of all teams and/or play against enough... slot myself in obviously mate... as you would haha
No.43
Under 16s

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:40 am

team of the year is the biggest jpke in history every year they get it so wrong you dont reward players with positions hey have never played because they are not able to compete with better players in there own position..... its easy to pick a team to beat the team of the year again this year

maybe someone with a clue should pick the divison 4 and so on anyway im going in poland at moment
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Burras » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 am

Apart from no GG players in the backline i think the TOTY is pretty good. That being said you cant put 6 blokes from the same team into a backline, tough question.. who would get a spot over another?
Sparnon, Sharpe, Shenton, Jardine, Brook, Forrester, Lepka were the backman most of the time.. As a 6 were amazing but who could get a gig over the other is a tough one
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby No.43 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Lepka and sparnon potentially all id take... dont rate sharpe.. not quite there and may struggle in the new div, same goes with shenton
No.43
Under 16s

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:55 am

No.43 wrote:Lepka and sparnon potentially all id take... dont rate sharpe.. not quite there and may struggle in the new div, same goes with shenton

Heard you are giving up the boots for the magnet board any truth
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League