23%
Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Yep and that's why they play at Glenelg......
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Everyone knows Elizabeth is the biggest. You can throw a blanket (very large one) over the next 10 grounds they are all roughly the same. From memory St.Marys is the same dimensions as Footy Park but the boundary is closer to the fence. Anyway, it's a big ground.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Ditchy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:26 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Everyone knows Elizabeth is the biggest. You can throw a blanket (very large one) over the next 10 grounds they are all roughly the same. From memory St.Marys is the same dimensions as Footy Park but the boundary is closer to the fence. Anyway, it's a big ground.

Played on many city and country grounds over the last 20 years. Still a year or 2 to go before calling it a day
Elizabeth is the biggest

Other than that I'd say Snowtown, St Clair and Willaston Ovals would easily be the biggest around the state and grounds I've played on
Then Footy Park and Alberton

St Marys is bloody big but not as big as the ones I listed which are all huge. Thats crap about St Marys not being big enough for the SANFL
Norwood, Unley and Glenelg would all be significantly smaller than St Marys as would Richmond and Prospect
The times I played at Footy Park and Alberton I'd say they are the same size as St Marys
Ditchy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Johnstone Park in Murray Bridge is a monster too. Very, very wide!
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Ditchy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:20 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Johnstone Park in Murray Bridge is a monster too. Very, very wide!

Been to Johnstone Park and yes thats big. Watched Ramblers v Imperials 3 or 4 years ago at Johnstone Park
Played in the North East FL for Blyth/Snowtown, Riverland FL for Barmera, Spencer Gulf FL for Central Augusta, Barossa FL for Tanunda and a stint in the Mid West FL at Tumby Bay after finishing in the city
Snowtown in the North East FL and Willaston in Barossa FL are the biggest country grounds I've played on.
St Clair is the biggest in the city I've played on other than at Elizabeth.

After playing at Footy Park, Alberton and St Marys they are all roughly the same size IMO. Out of the other ovals I've played on Thebarton
is a real good size. The one that everyone forgets is Woodville Oval. Thats very long and perhaps the longest of all the ovals but not wide
Ditchy

Postby number2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Ditchy wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Johnstone Park in Murray Bridge is a monster too. Very, very wide!

Been to Johnstone Park and yes thats big. Watched Ramblers v Imperials 3 or 4 years ago at Johnstone Park
Played in the North East FL for Blyth/Snowtown, Riverland FL for Barmera, Spencer Gulf FL for Central Augusta, Barossa FL for Tanunda and a stint in the Mid West FL at Tumby Bay after finishing in the city
Snowtown in the North East FL and Willaston in Barossa FL are the biggest country grounds I've played on.

After playing at Footy Park, Alberton and St Marys they are all roughly the same size IMO. Out of the other ovals I've played on Thebarton
is a real good size. The one that everyone forgets is Woodville Oval. Thats very long and perhaps the longest of all the ovals but not wide

Hey Ditchy maybe you should start a thread where you can tell everyone about your career and how you measured all the ovals you played on before the game!
number2

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Ditchy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:53 pm

number2 wrote:
Ditchy wrote:

Hey Ditchy maybe you should start a thread where you can tell everyone about your career and how you measured all the ovals you played on before the game!

It's only a guess mate. When you run around on these ovals for long enough you get an idea which is the biggest and smallest
Ditchy

Postby Broken Down Hack » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Ditchy wrote:

No wonder you left Morphettville Park Ditchy if that was your grassroots club ,,,, guessing there oval just wasn't up to your standards .... or your bank balance ...... just saying
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby BZB27 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Ditchy wrote:

Salisbury Oval is one of the biggest in the state also, ran plenty a lap around that oval and pretty much the same size as at Centrals.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Ditchy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:54 pm

Broken Down Hack wrote:
Ditchy wrote:

No wonder you left Morphettville Park Ditchy if that was your grassroots club ,,,, guessing there oval just wasn't up to your standards .... or your bank balance ...... just saying

Morphettville Park and the other clubs were all good. My employment took me all over the state hence from club to club and different leagues
Ditchy

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Sounds like Ditchy has had more clubs than Marc Cox
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:12 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Sounds like Ditchy has had more clubs than Marc Cox

Sounds like Ditchy is only stating his opinions on the grounds he has played on, yet some people find a way to have sly cracks.
Fools.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Ditchy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:

Sounds like Ditchy is only stating his opinions on the grounds he has played on, yet some people find a way to have sly cracks.
Fools.

Yeh a bit strange Computer Crashed. My life's been enriched by my travels due to employment and having played for 7 different clubs in my life. Meet some great people and 3 premierships at 3 different clubs. Over the journey you play on big and small ovals. I've just listed the bigger and smaller ones as not many people would have played in 5 different country leagues. Anyway thats there problem.

Would make a good topic to have a list of bigger and smaller ovals across the state I thought, but 2 many smart arses
Ditchy

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Great topic. Need a measuring wheel to go around the boundary. Maybe when I win lotto NYE I'll retire and make this my first priority....
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Ditchy wrote:

The ovals seemed to get bigger as I got older. Dolphin Park felt bigger than Subiaco!!!
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:48 am

Ditchy wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

Fools.

Would make a good topic to have a list of bigger and smaller ovals across the state I thought, but 2 many smart arses

I reckon it's been done, but I can't be arsed looking for it - someone else can if it exists, go your hardest :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:45 pm

bubba love wrote:Agree with pooraka, were a good very good team the 2nd half of the year, will be killa in div 5 if they keep the same team

Pooraka worry me. In recent times we have gone up against a very good CLG & North Heaven & they r still in Div 4. Honestly thought we could beat any other team in the comp but not these 2 in their Grand Final years. Div 4 more recently has widen the gap in standard between 4 & 5. Pooraka have a strong b grade & were competitive in div 4 last year. My early pick is Pooraka.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi lads if any of you are after a trial on the 11th of March we (Fitzroy football club) have had our opponent pull out on us and are available. Inbox me or ring Talal Kayal on 0404064097 if interested. Cheers.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:20 am

Has any clubs got trial games organized yet?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:27 pm

I'll have a go at a ladder prediction based on what I know/think.

Pooraka: I'm worried these guys might make light work of Divvy 5. As I've said before they have good depth & had a strong 2nd half to last season in div 4.

BOSFC: Added more quality to a quality team add in a good Facebook account & you have a receipe for success. Have gone out of finals in straight sets 2 years running. They'll be keen to get the monkey of the back.

Lockleys: Must be a bit bitter after not being rewarded with a dig 4 spot for their excellent season in 2016. Grand finalists last year & will battle BOSFC for a spot against Pooraka in the granny. Might be carrying a few open wounds from last years gf loses though & put a dent in their confidence.

Glenunga: Recruited well but seem to have lost a fair few as well. Player retention is just as vital as recruiting. If their new recruits are there for the right reasons they will be dangerous. Their ceiling is bit of an unknown, but I expect they will be around the mark having a 3 or 4 blokes with league club experience.

Kenilworth: with all due respect I honestly don't know anything about them. Do Leon Davis & Noodles Ware play for them? Im too lazy to look through threads & results.

Hope Valley: once again don't know a lot about them but have put them & kenilworth mid table because they have come down from div 4.

Rosewater: I'm not going to sink the boot. Hopefully they can get it together. One club suffers we all wear it to a certain extent. Very good coach at the helm & a good core group of players.

CBCOCFC: New coach, Cail Harris, is a ripping bloke & will be a great coach. Although 8th doesn't suggest it, I think he will do well. We need to recruit size & strength. i haven't checked the clearances recently but last time I checked we didn't have any recruits & i would hope word would've filtered out to me by now if we did. What we do have going for us though is youth, a large portion of our club are in the 20-22 age bracket & it could click for a few of these kids after notching up 40+ senior games.

Woodville South: going against the trend of div 6 teams flying through div 5 but from what little I know they might struggle this year.

Green Acres: always a hard game on their deck but they might struggle this year, if the rumours are true about losses & early training numbers.

This isn't in depth analysis based on extensive research so I'm happy to stand corrected on any of my points. But in saying that, Pooraka, BOSFC, Lockleys & Glenunga, I'm confident they'll be our top 4 & im throwing a blanket over the rest. But games are not won January so a lot of this can change between now & round 1.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League