3%
Trinity OS
5%
West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby B grade veteran » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:23 am

Anyone going to get close to Elizabeth reserves this year?
B grade veteran
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:27 am

B grade veteran wrote:Anyone going to get close to Elizabeth reserves this year?

Adelaide Lutheran.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4041 times

Postby B grade veteran » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Big step up
B grade veteran
Mini-League

Postby Minion Master » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:49 pm

B grade veteran wrote:Big step up

Highly doubt it, Lutheran B's won the Div 6 reserves flag in 2016 and think went undefeated winning the flag in Div 7 this year so think they will be right up there again in 2018
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby zedman » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Minion Master wrote:

Highly doubt it, Lutheran B's won the Div 6 reserves flag in 2016 and think went undefeated winning the flag in Div 7 this year so think they will be right up there again in 2018

agree..a few retirements and players have left from the A grade though so some may have to step up..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1081 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Minion Master » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:00 pm

zedman wrote:
Minion Master wrote:

agree..a few retirements and players have left from the A grade though so some may have to step up..

recruited over 30 players in 2017, so if get half or a third as many again in 2018 will figure in top 5 and finals in both A's and B's
Minion Master
Rookie

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Minion Master wrote:
zedman wrote:
Minion Master wrote:

recruited over 30 players in 2017, so if get half or a third as many again in 2018 will figure in top 5 and finals in both A's and B's
Blokes coming out of the woodwork to play only happens when you drop down to an easy division, not when you go back up to the division you got flogged in last time.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby B grade veteran » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:35 pm

The real question is, who will rate the div 6 canteens for us now the Bedge is gone?
B grade veteran
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:46 pm

B grade veteran wrote:The real question is, who will rate the div 6 canteens for us now the Bedge is gone?

I'll give early season predictions..

Elizabeth - They'll be right up there, tray of hot chips is a beauty, only downside is the location - it's great for opposition coaches though, it's right next to the rooms.

Brahma - Always around the mark thanks largely to the Fat Boy Special. Turn around time on order is the only let down, but helps salivate the thought of what is practically a pub mixed grill on a roll.

Rosewater - Top 3 for sure, great selection, friendly ladies working away always makes me wanna buy more. Nachos are a good point of difference.

Para Hills - solid BBQ, well manned, good turn around time. Kransky is usually on my hit list when I've been there, except them to be amongst the top clubs.

West Croydon - unfortunately haven't eaten at the club - generally walk across the road and get a dog roll (gotta watch my figure).

Salisbury West - No good.

Fitzroy - No good.

Adelaide Lutheran - No good.

Trinity - Worst of the lot, maybe change now with the new pavilion. Rate their canteen/BBQ as high as their opposition change rooms.

Greenacres - Not sure what they do these days, unknown.

Houghton remains possible the best "spectator experience" - their canteen/bbq has AMAZING food, and their various selections of craft beer and wine tops off a great arvo on top of the hill watching average footballers.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:52 pm

The Bedge wrote:
B grade veteran wrote:The real question is, who will rate the div 6 canteens for us now the Bedge is gone?

Elizabeth - They'll be right up there, tray of hot chips is a beauty, only downside is the location - it's great for opposition coaches though, it's right next to the rooms.

Brahma - Always around the mark thanks largely to the Fat Boy Special. Turn around time on order is the only let down, but helps salivate the thought of what is practically a pub mixed grill on a roll.

Rosewater - Top 3 for sure, great selection, friendly ladies working away always makes me wanna buy more. Nachos are a good point of difference.

Para Hills - solid BBQ, well manned, good turn around time. Kransky is usually on my hit list when I've been there, except them to be amongst the top clubs.

West Croydon - unfortunately haven't eaten at the club - generally walk across the road and get a dog roll (gotta watch my figure).

Fitzroy - No good.

Trinity - Worst of the lot, maybe change now with the new pavilion. Rate their canteen/BBQ as high as their opposition change rooms.

Houghton remains possible the best "spectator experience" - their canteen/bbq has AMAZING food, and their various selections of craft beer and wine tops off a great arvo on top of the hill watching average footballers.

Phone your order thru in advance and we will have it ready when you arrive 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby redyellow&blue » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:55 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Fitzroy - No good.

Attachments
20171021_094957.jpg
definitely not good at the moment....
20171021_094957.jpg (223.68 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Been liked: 40 times

Postby B grade veteran » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:50 am

I look forward to an in depth division 5 canteen write up also bedge.
B grade veteran
Mini-League

Postby X Runna » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Fitzroy - No good.

Agreed about Trinity, but when they are hot, their pies are sensational. But the best pie is Elizabeth. Westies is shitter than shit.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby adr107 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:15 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Fitzroy - No good.

Beautiful words, thanking you.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby vics01 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:55 pm

Still 6 levels above AWFUL footy the AFL are promoting
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 am

X Runna wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Fitzroy - No good.

Agreed about Trinity, but when they are hot, their pies are sensational. But the best pie is Elizabeth. Westies is shitter than shit.

Pretty certain both clubs access their pies from Gawler South Bakery - best bakery in Australia.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby B grade veteran » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:27 am

I rekon bedge maybe a little blinded by his love for trinity.
B grade veteran
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:58 am

B grade veteran wrote:I rekon bedge maybe a little blinded by his love for trinity.

I love Trinity like the Israeli love the Palestinians.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby SATCHEL » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:02 am

The Bedge wrote:

Fitzroy - No good.

Cheers mate. The ladies work really hard to make sure everyone is happy. Will work to getting to number one.
I've been to most grounds either by way of game day or just as a spectator on my way past. I've enjoyed Uni's canteen although my neck gets sore when having to look up to them. ;) Walkerville, Districts and of course Greenacres as the two ladies in their and the food is bloody brilliant are on my list of favorites. Will always spend probably $30 plus on food and drink at these places. Love their food.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby B grade veteran » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:31 am

Bedge the saddest part of you leaving the division is the lack of ingle farm vs trinity commentary.
B grade veteran
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League